Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

View Poll Results: Women?
Yes, women are significantly more attracted to me. 12 16.22%
No, women could care less. 29 39.19%
I'm already married. It wouldn't be right for me to answer this. 26 35.14%
I don't like women? Dudes are all over me. 7 9.46%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
K-A's Avatar
K-A K-A is online now
Dark Knight
Location: U.S
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,503
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Even with my Nissan GT-R, the only people I attracted more of were tween and teen rice boys.
LOL. My friend with a GTR says the same thing. Says the type of crowd and attention it gets is annoying.
__________________
'13 F10 BMW 535i Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Ha, so much for funfer drivers being "mature" . The same day there is "does your five get you laid" and a "how fast have you driven" thread. Eat that drier crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Donm's Avatar
Donm Donm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 353
Mein Auto: '13 M 550i, BMW f800st
Now, if you had a puppy in you f10..........
__________________
Best regards,
Don M

It isn't broken yet but I can fix that!

2013 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Dinan S3 , BMW F800ST, ML350
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Blkthght Blkthght is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 111
Mein Auto: 2012 550i Msport
None of the above. I meet them and take them out first with the 14 yr old honda. The 550i msport is the deal sealer.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
cyberbrutus cyberbrutus is offline
Registered User
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 13 528xi
I will approach this topic from a different perspective.

My F10 never turned heads, period.

My previous car turned heads left and right..I never had a day pass by without somebody ogling at my previous car. I dont want to start an Audi vs BMW debate but Audis get more female attention for sure.
Its like Lambo vs rat rod video I watched few days ago..All the guys walked to Lambo where as all the girls were checking out the rat rod !
Audi got me couple of random dates too. I was parking my car and the girl asked if my car parked itself..I asked her to hop in........

This was my car..I kinda regret selling it but I like my BMW too. Things changed in the past 4 years and I now need a low profile car, hence the F10.
Summer:

Winter:
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Mark K's Avatar
Mark K Mark K is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,987
Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbrutus View Post
I dont want to start an Audi vs BMW debate but Audis get more female attention for sure.

Its like Lambo vs rat rod video I watched few days ago..All the guys walked to Lambo where as all the girls were checking out the rat rod !
Sooo ... if I understand this correctly, you are saying that F10/BMW is Lambo and Audi/S4 is a rat rod?

Sounds about right ...
__________________

_____________________________________________

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,703
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbrutus View Post
I will approach this topic from a different perspective.

My F10 never turned heads, period.

My previous car turned heads left and right..I never had a day pass by without somebody ogling at my previous car. I dont want to start an Audi vs BMW debate but Audis get more female attention for sure.
I second that, my a6 got a lot more attention than my current 535i.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
cyberbrutus cyberbrutus is offline
Registered User
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 13 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
Sooo ... if I understand this correctly, you are saying that F10/BMW is Lambo and Audi/S4 is a rat rod?

Sounds about right ...
Typical BMW driver attitude..lol..No offense intended.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I second that, my a6 got a lot more attention than my current 535i.
Yeah, not sure what it is about Audis, maybe they are just less intimidating and invoke less envy etc. When I had a new S4 for an overnight test drive people that never commented on our cars came up and wanted to know all about it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Mark K's Avatar
Mark K Mark K is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,987
Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbrutus View Post
Typical BMW driver attitude..lol..No offense intended.
None taken. At least I was trying to be original and didn't go "Audi = rebadged VW" route.

But, most importantly, I was joking and acting like a BMW driver is expected to act. You know ... a lot of people worked very long and hard to get us this reputation. It would be a waste to throw it away just like that

Again, just kidding, really.
__________________

_____________________________________________

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Ralph1201's Avatar
Ralph1201 Ralph1201 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Yeah, not sure what it is about Audis, maybe they are just less intimidating and invoke less envy etc. When I had a new S4 for an overnight test drive people that never commented on our cars came up and wanted to know all about it.
people give a longer stare at audis since they feel that its within their league. something like how people are comfortable drooling over a scion FRS since they know they can afford a scion if they wanted.
BMW/MB are in a different league altogether and people are deliberately cautious not to give a long stare since that will clearly indicate envy. (doing my part, Mark)
__________________
2013 BMW 528i. My first Car.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM
cordoor's Avatar
cordoor cordoor is offline
cor door sedan
Location: Utah
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 836
Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Our perhaps girls like the Audi more because the Audi exterior design is girly.
__________________
2013 550i xDrive | Jet Black | Venetian Beige | Dark Red Sycamore | M Sport | Dynamic Handling | Sport Auto Trans
2008 535xi | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood | Sport



See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 PM
cyberbrutus cyberbrutus is offline
Registered User
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 13 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
None taken. At least I was trying to be original and didn't go "Audi = rebadged VW" route.

But, most importantly, I was joking and acting like a BMW driver is expected to act. You know ... a lot of people worked very long and hard to get us this reputation. It would be a waste to throw it away just like that

Again, just kidding, really.
Lol..no worries. I like your sense of humor.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 PM
cyberbrutus cyberbrutus is offline
Registered User
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 13 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph1201 View Post
people give a longer stare at audis since they feel that its within their league. something like how people are comfortable drooling over a scion FRS since they know they can afford a scion if they wanted.
BMW/MB are in a different league altogether and people are deliberately cautious not to give a long stare since that will clearly indicate envy. (doing my part, Mark)
I hope you are kidding
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 PM
K-A's Avatar
K-A K-A is online now
Dark Knight
Location: U.S
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,503
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
I find it hard to believe a very generic design like an A4 would get so much attention. Your case is unique because your car is modified in that strong black-everything way.

I used to have a heavily customized Mustang GT which got crazy attention because that's what I modded it for. It literally would turn heads and get ogled like you'd assume a Ferrari would. Though in stock trim that wouldn't have been the case. The F10 is a purposefully understated design which is meant to attract attention in a more, let's say "intellectual" way.
__________________
'13 F10 BMW 535i Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Joe-BMW's Avatar
Joe-BMW Joe-BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,616
Mein Auto: F10, E39, Audi Q7
Never had a problem getting attention from women with or without a nice car. I do get smiles and attention on the highway. The attention is nice but I bet these are wack jobs I wouldnt want to know anyway.
__________________
2012 535xi|Dark Graphite|Black Interior|M-Sport|

Prior BMW's: 1987 325e|1993 740i|1998 740il|2002 745li|2007 750li|2006 750li
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
] The attention is nice but I bet these are wack jobs I wouldnt want to know anyway.
So true.....
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 AM
LukeS's Avatar
LukeS LukeS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 346
Mein Auto: 2013 535ix M-sport
As long as you keep your car clean, women don't care what you drive. Obviously, with limitations.

Last edited by LukeS; 04-17-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Leslierc's Avatar
Leslierc Leslierc is offline
Sejanus
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland - USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,209
Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
Never had a problem getting attention from women with or without a nice car. I do get smiles and attention on the highway. The attention is nice but I bet these are wack jobs I wouldnt want to know anyway.
I agree with Joe!
__________________
2013 Porsche Carrera 4
2011 Panamera 4S; 2012 Mini CooperS convertible;
Prior BMWs: `05 645CiC; `07 650i; `08 M6 convertible; '08 135i; `11 750ix MSport

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,703
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
Never had a problem getting attention from women with or without a nice car. I do get smiles and attention on the highway. The attention is nice but I bet these are wack jobs I wouldnt want to know anyway.
Just last week, I got a nice thumbs up from a nice looking brunette driving a white M5 on the Mass turnpike. She then step on the gas and I never saw her again
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Joe-BMW's Avatar
Joe-BMW Joe-BMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,616
Mein Auto: F10, E39, Audi Q7
Yeah, I would say it's pretty hot when you see a decent looking chick driving a car you don't see many women driving, like a Porsche, M3, M5, etc. Definitely gets my attention.
__________________
2012 535xi|Dark Graphite|Black Interior|M-Sport|

Prior BMW's: 1987 325e|1993 740i|1998 740il|2002 745li|2007 750li|2006 750li
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
lindros2 lindros2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: The Ghetto Hood
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 448
Mein Auto: BMW
My A4 got more attention than my BMW - but it's situational. I bought it new when I was 24, and the places I frequented had cars consummate with that age/demographic. The A4 was pretty and upscale when fewer cars were that nice.

My two 535's are more in traffic, corporate centers, and restaurants where similar cars go. So not much over attention.

The GT-R is a super car. Either people know what it is or want to.

The "murdered out" A4 above is attention-grabbing. Not sure for the right reasons - and the wheel width and offset can easily damage a quattro system.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Crmgr Crmgr is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brunswick Hills Ohio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 472
Mein Auto: 2008 535XI
My ex-wife could never understand why I got enjoyment out of expensive cars. Really annoyed her. Favorite saying was "It's only a car".
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
cyberbrutus cyberbrutus is offline
Registered User
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 13 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
My A4 got more attention than my BMW - but it's situational. I bought it new when I was 24, and the places I frequented had cars consummate with that age/demographic. The A4 was pretty and upscale when fewer cars were that nice.

My two 535's are more in traffic, corporate centers, and restaurants where similar cars go. So not much over attention.

The GT-R is a super car. Either people know what it is or want to.

The "murdered out" A4 above is attention-grabbing. Not sure for the right reasons - and the wheel width and offset can easily damage a quattro system.
I know what you mean by 'attention grabbing for wrong reasons'..

Well, my A4 came pretty much murdered out from factory as its Titanium edition. I added black wheels for winter and completed the look. Guys checked out the car more when it had black rims in winter and girls ogled when it had grey rims in summer..So if anybody out there is trying to impress a lady, dont put black rims on black cars !!!

And regarding off sets and quattro system..I did a lot of research before putting those rims and tires on. I did not stagger instead put spacers in the rear. Never had problems driving through Wisconsins winters..Unfortunately I sold the car after 20 months of ownership for warranty reasons..I was flagged by Audi for modding ECU and other stuff.

This is how it came from factory: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Black-Titanium)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM
AggieKnight's Avatar
AggieKnight AggieKnight is offline
Can has cheezburger
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,562
Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
Yeah, I would say it's pretty hot when you see a decent looking chick driving a car you don't see many women driving, like a Porsche, M3, M5, etc. Definitely gets my attention.
One of the hottest things I've seen in my life was a smoking hot blonde driving a cherry red 911 Turbo Cabrio with the top down (long blonde hair blowing in the wind) and a baby-seat clearly visible. Not sure how safe the baby was or even if the seat was occupied, but wow.
__________________
WARNING: Author not responsible for the readers failure to recognize sarcasm.
Yield, I can has picture?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms