Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I'm also noticing another thing. The leather around the left side of my buttocks is starting to wrinkle. I think it's because of the holes making the leather less durable. I'm going to apply more conditioner to that part, in addition to the bolsters which I have been doing.
Going to be very difficult to diagnose w/o pics of right and left buttocks to evaluate for asymmetry. Post some please.....

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I'm also noticing another thing. The leather around the left side of my buttocks is starting to wrinkle. I think it's because of the holes making the leather less durable. I'm going to apply more conditioner to that part, in addition to the bolsters which I have been doing.
Hey Chris, what product are you using on it? I want to be ahead of the game on this, even after 3 months I am starting to notice wrinkling in the same spot (I'm not exactly a "big-guy" either...)

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopump View Post
When it comes the air flow being impeded by our body, is the implementation any better in cars from other makes?
I understand fans in BMW < Lexus/ MB, true?
I tested out the A8 before going the 740 route, that cars ventilated seats were amazing... 100 times better than mine now (not enough to make me roll that way though!). The test drive I could feel the air pushing through the seats without any sort of body manipulation (i.e. sitting slightly forward, moving my butt around, etc), and I was in jeans and a regular cotton shirt... V/r, Tim

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)