Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
As far as ordering. I put the order in on Monday and it is already in production.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i manual
It took us forever to decide on a new car and in the end we ended up with x3 28i.
At some point a while ago we did drive x5. Liked the steering, might be the last model with the good old hydraulic steering. But electric steering in x3 is not bad compared to some of the competitors.

To keep cost down I'd suggest to keep additional electronics to a minimum, especially if not expecting much use, at least that's what we did.

2013 vs 2014, I don't know. We ordered around the end of 2013 and it was easy to get around invoice, and then they were big cash rebates. I don't know if they are doing anything now to move 2013.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Does the 2014 X3 35i still have the comfort access as part of the premium package? I see the premium package went down from $2900+ to $2200.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 PM

Yes it does. See here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9c61o6eqs...X3%20Guide.pdf
Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Does the 2014 X3 35i still have the comfort access as part of the premium package? I see the premium package went down from $2900+ to $2200.
+1 Yes it does. Besides BMWConfig, I also configed thru the NADA site and the keyless entry was specifically listed. Looks like the Config site may have missed it. I am actuall off in 20 minutes to pick up the Mrs and see if she is ready to order.

Will let folks know and thx again to all for all your guidance and advice!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM

Good luck
Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 X35i
The sport seats option is a very good choice, I didn't see it considered, they are much much better than the standard seats!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:14 AM

Hi,

Thought I would post a quick update. My wife loved the X3-35i a lot. Her only appearance disappointment was that the cup-holders were exposed rather than covered like on the X5. Minor issue for her and she enjoyed the drive so much she wants to get one ordered.

The sport seats are not an order option and is now coupled with the M package as we are told and see on BMW Config.

We have an odd situation where we are moving into our downtown loft which only has one parking garage. We both will work ~ .5 mile a way so will walk most days. Even now at 2 miles we car pool so we are dropping to one car. I have a motorcycle as well in times when we both need powered transportation so this is part of her life simplication plan.

This being said I am going back during lunch today to let them make a trade offer on our second car. The first car was right what it should be as we are doing the wholesale/wholesale deal so we expect to order later today and will post an update.

We didn't even try the 28i as the 35i was too much fun! :>

She was going for the Titanium Silver but when she was there in person he favorite color combo was "plain" white with oyster leather interior, Premium Package, Heated Seats and she is deciding on anything else.

Thx to all!

Bob

Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponti33609 View Post
Hi,

Thought I would post a quick update. My wife loved the X3-35i a lot. Her only appearance disappointment was that the cup-holders were exposed rather than covered like on the X5. Minor issue for her and she enjoyed the drive so much she wants to get one ordered.

The sport seats are not an order option and is now coupled with the M package as we are told and see on BMW Config.

We have an odd situation where we are moving into our downtown loft which only has one parking garage. We both will work ~ .5 mile a way so will walk most days. Even now at 2 miles we car pool so we are dropping to one car. I have a motorcycle as well in times when we both need powered transportation so this is part of her life simplication plan.

This being said I am going back during lunch today to let them make a trade offer on our second car. The first car was right what it should be as we are doing the wholesale/wholesale deal so we expect to order later today and will post an update.

She was going for the Titanium Silver but when she was there in person he favorite color combo was "plain" white with oyster leather interior, Premium Package, Heated Seats and she is deciding on anything else.

Thx to all!

Bob
Congrats!! Once you drive the 35i you can't look back Great choice!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Hi,
Thought I would post a quick update. My wife loved the X3-35i a lot.

Thx to all!

Bob
After my wife drove the X3 28i, she then test drove the 35i and that was it, there was no going back. The bigger engine simply transform the X3 into another category in my opinion.

The X3 in Alpine white is a thing of beauty, probably the best look color. We were down to either a white or black X3, since my wife is not into detailing cars and I already have a black 5 series to take care of myself, we decided on white.

Good Luck Bob.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
Congrats!! Once you drive the 35i you can't look back Great choice!
Still, she likes sitting in the X5 better. I am letting her decide exactly what she wants and she likes driving the 3 better and does believe as do I that our city driving is better matched to this vehicle. She also sat in an X1 and was too small for her. I actually thought was kind of cool.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Still, she likes sitting in the X5 better. I am letting her decide exactly what she wants and she likes driving the 3 better and does believe as do I that our city driving is better matched to this vehicle. She also sat in an X1 and was too small for her. I actually thought was kind of cool.
X1? I also thought it was a very cool vehicle + BMW hydraulic steering, but my German shepherd's kennel would not fit.

If you are going the 3.5i route, I urge you to consider adding M Sport and DHP. This combo will yield great sport seats, M steering wheel, variable dampers, variable sport steering, and BMW's version of torque vectoring. If you are down to one vehicle, an X3 3.5i M Sport with DHP is an excellent vehicle that does it all - fast, engaging, comfy, and of course versatile.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM

My wife ordered her car. X3 35i with Premium Package and heated seats. I couldn't talk her into the M package. She said when/if the 1-car experiment fails I can get an M in my new car. Till then I will carpool with her or ride my Italian BMW Moto Guzzi.

Thx all for all you suggestions, advice and guidance. I am still trying to decide if I should buy the x-tra 2 years if maintenance but sounds like most folks say wait and find a local independent mechanic if we keep beyond 4 years.

Best Regards,

Old 04-19-2013, 04:45 PM

That's great. You will love the 35!!! Too bad about the M package.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
That's great. You will love the 35!!! Too bad about the M package.
You have to keep in mind where we came from. Honda, Acura, Toyota. I had my Solara for 7 years. It will cost us $173/mnth for ownership. So she has sticker shock at this point. I said get everything now. I am okay. The Solara is a slug performance wise but if just my decision I always wanted an M. Still about 4 weeks so can still change and add. .

Bob

Old 04-20-2013, 05:47 AM

SAV Help - Guiadance

Quote:
You have to keep in mind where we came from. Honda, Acura, Toyota. I had my Solara for 7 years. It will cost us $173/mnth for ownership. So she has sticker shock at this point. I said get everything now. I am okay. The Solara is a slug performance wise but if just my decision I always wanted an M. Still about 4 weeks so can still change and add. .

Bob
I came from the same place. Let me tell you the cars I've owned. Plus my wife.

96 Chevy cavalier
99 Nissan Altima
00 olds alero
01 Honda civic
03 Honda accord
07 Acura TL
06 Honda crv
09 Saturn outlook
12 VW passat
13 Infiniti jx35

14 x3 35i

I am not proud of some of these cars. My favorites were the Acura and the Infiniti. The Infiniti is our family car right now. Sporty? No but tons of creature comforts. We looked at the x5 last summer but I hated the ride quality. Too truck like and the Infiniti was about 10k cheaper for more options.

Always LOVED bmw. My grandfather had a 86 735i which was our wedding car. Always had a fondness for the brand and can finally get one.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM

Oh, One more thing I wanted to pass back to the group.

I used the BMW config and I ended up paying $95 more than the "offer to dealer" $1,000 over wholesale for a total of $1,095. I do not feel it was my best car deal ever (by far) but at this stage of my life it was okay and a win/win for both. He said if we had found something in inventory he could have gone maybe to $500 over but not for a 2014.

Will post pictures when my wife gets it in ~ mid June.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Oh, One more thing I wanted to pass back to the group.

I used the BMW config and I ended up paying $95 more than the "offer to dealer" $1,000 over wholesale for a total of $1,095. I do not feel it was my best car deal ever (by far) but at this stage of my life it was okay and a win/win for both. He said if we had found something in inventory he could have gone maybe to $500 over but not for a 2014.

Will post pictures when my wife gets it in ~ mid June.
Wow, mid June! Must be a low volume dealer without many build slots available.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:22 PM

eh...to each their own. I guess it's a regional thing on how low dealers will go then
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 PM

SAV Help - Guiadance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
eh...to each their own. I guess it's a regional thing on how low dealers will go then
Or I didn't push enough.

Not sure on size of dealership. Only guy in Tampa proper.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 PM

Ok, More help requested...................My wife finally realized that without the M Package she has the black plastic trim rather than full colored body parts. She asked if we were buying a 1995 BMW? :> She has both side by side and she is okay with what we have ordered and really doesn't wish to spend any more money on our first BMW. She is quite happy after reading that we are getting the 35i. So I still have time to throw on the M package.

We are not fully into performance so let me ask this from a re-sale view point. Will we get our cash back when we sell? My guess is no and a better condition car will dictate over a few different options. What is that Anthracite Headliner? I know it is darker but what else? Paddle shifters? No desire. Better seats? We drive a total of 6 miles a day so not sure it matters if we have better seats and the other. So it comes down for her to matching body panels.

What do the BMW veterans say based on what I wrote above?

Thx!!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: Accord/Tundra/Soon BMW
I can't believe that nobodies mentioned this - PCD! You're in Florida - it's a no brainer.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjackdog View Post
i can't believe that nobodies mentioned this - pcd! You're in florida - it's a no brainer.
pcd?????

Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: Accord/Tundra/Soon BMW
Performance Center Delivery. The truck is built in South Carolina, and you have the option of picking it up at the factory. It's a free all day delivery, and they even throw in a free night at a local hotel. Scroll down the Bimmerfest Forum page and you'll see Performance Center Delivery.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:31 PM

SAV Help - Guiadance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjackdog View Post
Performance Center Delivery. The truck is built in South Carolina, and you have the option of picking it up at the factory. It's a free all day delivery, and they even throw in a free night at a local hotel. Scroll down the Bimmerfest Forum page and you'll see Performance Center Delivery.
Don't have time to pick up at the factory. How about the m option?