Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645CI, sport package
Cosmetic mod shopping! Anyone have any suggestions?

hey guys. I'm looking for a few ways to alter my 645ci. To keep this as concise as possible I'm just going to throw down a list of the stuff that I want but couldn't find on my own.

-650ci turn signals (the ones with the "checkered" appearance)

-white LED's for my angel eyes (though I'll probably grab them from iJDMtoy)

-CF or faux CF complete interior for wood trim/aluminum bits to include the steering wheel if possible.

-CF roundels (lots of overlays but I need new roundels anyway since the clear coat is starting to chip off mine. I've found some at Turnermotorsports.com but mayhap there's an alternative you guys would recomend?)

-CF kidney grills (Just in case someone on here is selling. Already found them but I'd rather give my money to a member of the community if possible)

-CF side marker bits (to replace the aluminum strip)

-M3 style wheels 18" (be they knockoffs or not its not a big deal. I don't track the car so I don't need anything like $5k volk te37 quality, just not crap)

-an exhaust (this has given me some trouble. there are plenty of exhausts out there but they all sound too "smooth" if that makes sense. I know it will probable be impossible to grab one that has a nice, harsh burble towards the 25000 rpm mark but still quiet and refined when I don't want to hear it. I almost just want to do a custom deal with an X/H pipe in it and try out twin loop mufflers.)

- M6 style side mirror housings (yes I'm kind of a CF junky, but I have taste I swear)

- Front lip (probably going to go with CF wrapped eurostyle but if anyone has suggestions I'm definitely down to hear them)

-front left foglight housing (I annihilated this schnauzer a few nights ago and in turn it annihilated my head light housing and broke the bits that secure the unit so it's basically just held in there with some tape right now....I hit the dog on ACCIDENT I assure you, even went so far as to put her in my passenger seat and take her body to her owners.)

-plastic grill mesh for the right side of the center intake (again, the dog :/. that's what happens when you hit own doing sixty on the highway apparantly...poor thing.) I'll upload the damage photos if anyone wants to see but it's pretty minor.

-code reader. Not a cosmetic mod. but everything I've read says GET ONE!

That's about it. Don't mean to ask you guys to be my parts shoppers but I'm having issues finding the above items. Just seeing if you guys have a few tried and true places to snag those parts who don't try to milk you for cash.

I'll be doing some other mods but those will be performance based. I'm pretty psyched with the 6er's performance as is so I'll be doing bit by bit tweaking to get her perfect but those will come later and slow so I won't bore you guys with "plans" as we all know what happens to "plans" to mod a car heavily.
Ads by Google
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645Ci
Hi

Hi bro,

I went/going through what you are going through now. For my LCI turning lights and LCI brake lights, I found that getbmwparts dot com had the best price for those items. I spent a couple weeks doing price comparisons because my budget is always tight and my wife is a pain-in-the-rear when it comes to my car.

You didn't mention the LCI rear brake light upgrade but trust me, it changes the rear end completely. The LCI rear turn signals look like diamonds bro. Gives the rear a Very classy look!

So I went with Tisher for these (2) items.
http://www.getbmwparts.com/

Rav
Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Cars
Welcome... I see the mod bug has bitten you too. It's a hard bug to shake off.

Alot of the items you have listed, many on the board have talked about in great length. Just do a "SEARCH" on each individual item and be prepared to read tons of info.

Have fun dude and post up those pics after each mod.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Ramon View Post
Hi bro,

I went/going through what you are going through now. For my LCI turning lights and LCI brake lights, I found that getbmwparts dot com had the best price for those items. I spent a couple weeks doing price comparisons because my budget is always tight and my wife is a pain-in-the-rear when it comes to my car.

You didn't mention the LCI rear brake light upgrade but trust me, it changes the rear end completely. The LCI rear turn signals look like diamonds bro. Gives the rear a Very classy look!

So I went with Tisher for these (2) items.
http://www.getbmwparts.com/

Rav
Danka sehen brother

Ill definitely look into those lights. Im guessing they're the ones with the bit of gold/amber Accent kinda'?

And thanks for the link. This is pretty money.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2modfast View Post
Welcome... I see the mod bug has bitten you too. It's a hard bug to shake off.

Alot of the items you have listed, many on the board have talked about in great length. Just do a "SEARCH" on each individual item and be prepared to read tons of info.

Have fun dude and post up those pics after each mod.
Haha iv had the mod bug for a long time. I use to tool around in a 888hp uptake for a bit. Put almost the whole thing together in my garage...and this was before Internet forums were really viable as info sources so it took me three years, two jobs and a whole lot of reading magazines/going to car shows to put her together. Man....memories.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM

Soldier,

Attached are the (2) LCI upgrade lights that I was referring to.

The Pre-LCI/Pre-facelift are the lights on the maroon 6 series.

No comparison :-)

Rav
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366222930.667510.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	371890   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366222967.284389.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	371891   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366223062.150304.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	371892   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366223092.639831.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	371893  
Old 04-17-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Ramon View Post
Soldier,

Attached are the (2) LCI upgrade lights that I was referring to.

The Pre-LCI/Pre-facelift are the lights on the maroon 6 series.

No comparison :-)

Rav
Oh wow. Those are definitely better. Lol one more ire
To add. Oh how it stacks up
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier-ina-6er View Post
Oh wow. Those are definitely better. Lol one more ire
To add. Oh how it stacks up
If you do the LCI lights do your research. Rears are pretty easy but fronts are a big job and require a custom wiring harness (I did build it myself from, forum posts).

Both will require coding or loading resistors to eliminate errors.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

Last edited by roseng; 04-17-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Another little modification I did was to add an M6 iDrive controller.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
Another little modification I did was to add an M6 iDrive controller.
Hey Rebel,

Do you have a photo of the M6 idrive controller you installed?

Thanks,
Rav