Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535ix
2013 535 Performance Upgrades?

Hey guys,

Finally switched over to the bmw world. Just purchased a 2013 535i xdrive with the m sport package and everything else. Was looking at the 550 but really wanted to save some money with the v6. What are some quality performace mods to get this thing into the 400hp to the crank. Working with ecu tuning group to get a module from them witch is a 75 hp gain. What else would anyone recomend for quality performance gains. It is a lease remember that so not looking to go od because i will just upgrade to the m5 once it becomes a 4 wheel drive format in the next few years.
Ads by Google
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 AM
D2NICE

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Xdrive M Sport
I also just picked up the 535i xdrive M sport. What is Ecu's cost? I also am leasing my 5 and doing a couple of mods but font want to go to crazy because I'm thinking of picking up the new M next year. Maybe if you go with the supersprint exhaust and a cold air intake you'll get the 400 plus you're looking for. Let me know.
Dan
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
It's an I6.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Dr Euro F10 535 and X5 N55 Downpipe

http://www.burgertuning.com/RSi_Tuni..._Downpipe.html

"Dynojet numbers show an increase of 19WHP and 18WTQ a 6.5% increase over stock (HUGE increases at 3500rpm of 24wtq & 36wtq)"

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 528I XDrive
http://gthaus.com/ver3_ghprice.php?s...&Submit=Submit

and

http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_P...nce_Tuner.html

and

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_Stage2_Jb4.html

thats a catback exhause and a stage one and two tune for the engine. That should get you (ballpark) just over 400 HP over all. Add that downpipe shawnsheridan was linking and well, its more.....
Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i 6MT
So this is the 1st time I have looked into any performance enhancers for my current 2011 535i and soon to be (ED) 2013 535i M-Sport. After reviewing the stage 1 mapping here:

I wanted to know a few things.

1. Can I do this myself with limited engine/mechanical knowledge?

2. Do I have to remove it prior to bring the car in for service?

3. Can it be done on a lease without any issues?

4. Is it as simple as "Plug and Play" or do I think any additional hardware or software updates to the vehicle?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspaff91 View Post
Hey guys,

Finally switched over to the bmw world. Just purchased a 2013 535i xdrive with the m sport package and everything else. Was looking at the 550 but really wanted to save some money with the v6. What are some quality performace mods to get this thing into the 400hp to the crank. Working with ecu tuning group to get a module from them witch is a 75 hp gain. What else would anyone recomend for quality performance gains. It is a lease remember that so not looking to go od because i will just upgrade to the m5 once it becomes a 4 wheel drive format in the next few years.
Your post is a little confusing... you wanted to save money and got a 535, while you wait for a 4 wheel drive M5...
Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 PM
D2NICE

Ok I spoke to A really reputable tuning group working excluslively with all the high end cars in the west coast. They work with Rolls,Bentley Lamborghini,Ferrari etc.. Of Beverly Hills. I can't mention his name because everyone else would ask for the same deal he offered me and he would only consider doing this as a group purchase. He has the Ecu module that delivers and promises 60+ HP and its plug and play! No splicing no rigging No nonsense! The module would not be affected by any software updates and its installs of removes in minutes if you feel you have to take it off while visiting your dealer. It's about $1,000 USD if we can get at least 10 people. He will also overnight the module to your door and you don't have to take out your ecu and send it anywhere! Here is the best part if you decide to sell, upgrade switch to another German made auto, you can take it out and they WILL TUNE IT TO YOUR NEW CAR!!' You don't have to buy this again. If you want to do this, send me a pm and ill give you all the details.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2nice View Post
Ok I spoke to A really reputable tuning group working excluslively with all the high end cars in the west coast. They work with Rolls,Bentley Lamborghini,Ferrari etc.. Of Beverly Hills. I can't mention his name because everyone else would ask for the same deal he offered me and he would only consider doing this as a group purchase. He has the Ecu module that delivers and promises 60+ HP and its plug and play! No splicing no rigging No nonsense! The module would not be affected by any software updates and its installs of removes in minutes if you feel you have to take it off while visiting your dealer. It's about $1,000 USD if we can get at least 10 people. He will also overnight the module to your door and you don't have to take out your ecu and send it anywhere! Here is the best part if you decide to sell, upgrade switch to another German made auto, you can take it out and they WILL TUNE IT TO YOUR NEW CAR!!' You don't have to buy this again. If you want to do this, send me a pm and ill give you all the details.
I know who you are talking about exactly lol. I was on the phone with him the other day. Great work they do.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i X-drive
Quote:
Wow...suspect...hurry everyone send him $1000!!!
2012 535i X-drive, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, Sport pkg, Premium pkg, Technology pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, Side & Top View Cams, Ceramic Controls, Sport Automatic Trans, and BMW Apps /// European Delivery May '12
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 AM
D2NICE

I can see why people would think its not true. Maybe I wasn't clear on the post. I was too excited about the conversation I had with (Ecu tuning group) in California that I failed to mention the name if the company on the first post. The rep however wishes to remain anonymous to prevent people from calling him for that price. He would honor it if it's in a group order. The money gets paid directly to them not to me! I posted to pm me so I can give all the details. Funny how It always takes a scammer to notice a scam! (No scam in this case buddy) like I said PM me and I'll give you the details.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Matty K.

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Jet Black
Aaaaaaand the BS meter is pegged, ladies and gentlemen...
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 528I XDrive
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i X-drive
Quote:
I can see why people would think its not true. Maybe I wasn't clear on the post. I was too excited about the conversation I had with (Ecu tuning group) in California that I failed to mention the name if the company on the first post. The rep however wishes to remain anonymous to prevent people from calling him for that price. He would honor it if it's in a group order. The money gets paid directly to them not to me! I posted to pm me so I can give all the details. Funny how It always takes a scammer to notice a scam! (No scam in this case buddy) like I said PM me and I'll give you the details.
Wait...so you post an extremely vague infomercial for F10 power gain utopia that no other company has managed to create aaaaaaand the person that works with ALL the high end automobile brands in Beverly Hills (that our lovely cars don't even come close to) wants to remain anonymous so only we get the good deal, but I'M the scammer???

Actually that makes perfect sense. I would like to pay $2000 because it's such a good deal! Count me in! Group buy started!
2012 535i X-drive, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, Sport pkg, Premium pkg, Technology pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, Side & Top View Cams, Ceramic Controls, Sport Automatic Trans, and BMW Apps /// European Delivery May '12
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkossler View Post
aaaaaaand the bs meter is pegged, ladies and gentlemen...
lmao!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspat75 View Post
loll

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-sport
Quote:
So a grand for a piggyback?! WTF and you're not mentioning the company? What you're doing is called a group buy guy. And group buys are discounted, its not a secret.

**And if this is ETG (which I'm sure it is) that only 195 off the retail price.. Not a big crazy secretive deal.**

Previous BMW's: 87' 528e / 04' 325i / 07' 335i / 08' 335i / 08' 535i

Last edited by RambleJ; 04-24-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM

Speaking of both 535 Performance Upgrades and Group Buys, it just so happens that we have a Group Buy Going on now for the Eurocharged Performance N55 Flash Tune:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825202

http://www.eurocharged.com/

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM
D2NICE

Ok So let me spell it out for the mentally challenged. The name of the company is ECU tuning group! As mentioned in the last post. This is the website http://ecutuninggroup.com and this is their contact info Email us at info@ECUTuningGroup.com
US Head Office:
9107 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 450
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(877) 813 9700
The regular price is over $1200 and they were the first to tune the new F10. I saw that a few members on the forum used them so I called. The rep said he would give me a better price if it were a larger order but he did not want the nonsense of everybody calling in and asking for the $1000 price! Does that answer your question *********!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 AM
D2NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
So a grand for a piggyback?! WTF and you're not mentioning the company? What you're doing is called a group buy guy. And group buys are discounted, its not a secret.

**And if this is ETG (which I'm sure it is) that only 195 off the retail price.. Not a big crazy secretive deal.**
Ummm yeah! Read it again I said it was a group buy. Hence the discount...if $195 is not a big deal to you then buy it at retail! You don't have to take part if you like spending more money.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-sport
Quote:
Ummm yeah! Read it again I said it was a group buy. Hence the discount...if $195 is not a big deal to you then buy it at retail! You don't have to take part if you like spending more money.
At first you didn't want to mention the name of the company. Doing group buys helps alot if you explain who its from, so the people can look it up and make an informed decision.

Do they have a before and after dyno? I do not see it on thier website, that will help solidify everyones doubts as well... Just trying to help you muster up the people you need for the group buy. I definitely won't put a grand into something that is not proven and supposively has the highest output for the F10 out there.

Previous BMW's: 87' 528e / 04' 325i / 07' 335i / 08' 335i / 08' 535i
Old 04-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrothen4 View Post
So this is the 1st time I have looked into any performance enhancers for my current 2011 535i and soon to be (ED) 2013 535i M-Sport. After reviewing the stage 1 mapping here:

I wanted to know a few things.

1. Can I do this myself with limited engine/mechanical knowledge?

2. Do I have to remove it prior to bring the car in for service?

3. Can it be done on a lease without any issues?

4. Is it as simple as "Plug and Play" or do I think any additional hardware or software updates to the vehicle?

Thanks
I have stage1 and do not remove it for service. The cables are all OEM like and you won't spot them unless you know what your looking for. Reliable and inexpensive. If you remove the air box it's easy to install. I watched someone install mine,
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Festaholic

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
I haven't heard of snake oil this good for the f10 in a while . RambleJ (and Miami), good to see you guys alive and kicking.

Seriously, is there at least ONE proven tune out for the F10? I have not seen solid numbers and answers some concerns with the BMS tunes yet.

Shawn, that Dr Euro DP looks great; however, wouldn't a tune be necessary not to throw a code with the loss of cats? Also, would that have to be a remove when serviced mod?

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)

Last edited by BigDeep1; 04-27-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
I haven't heard of snake oil this good for the f10 in a while . RambleJ (and Miami), good to see you guys alive and kicking.

Seriously, is there at least ONE proven tune out for the F10? I have not seen solid numbers and answers some concerns with the BMS tunes yet.

Shawn, that Dr Euro DP looks great; however, wouldn't a tune be necessary not to throw a code with the loss of cats? Also, would that have to be a remove when serviced mod?
I am not sure if the DP is any sort of an issue. I just happened to notice it on their website, but I have not talked to anyone about it yet to know the details.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post

What are the concerns with the BMS tunes? I've had one for a while now and I can certainly answer questions. Mine is no trouble at all. I had a MAF code thrown a few times, but when we took off the air box it was not re-installed with the gasket seated properly. I re-installed it and it has been fine since. No trouble at all. It goes like a bandit and it is a stage ! tune.