Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport RWD
We don't think this is an M4? Is that because of the double exhaust pipes rather than the quads that the M cars use?

Reason I ask is this: look at the scoop below the grill. True M cars always have the scoop flaring OUTWARDS from top to bottom - that is, the bottom of the scoop is wider than the top. M-sport cars, on the other hand, are the opposite: they flare INWARDS. The top of the scoop is wider than the bottom. This car looks like the bottom of the scoop is wider than the top, which points to an M4. On the other hand, as I note, the exhausts are twin rather than quad.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Good observation HookieXDriver but I doubt there will be an M4 without carbon fiber roof, especially without cf roof or moon roof. The wheels and air intakes are very M-ish though. The M4 will be something very special to significantly top this beauty. Heck, I might even consider a 435 6-speed if the steering has been sharpened from the F30 but then there is the rumour of an around 3300 lbs M3/M4. Nope It will be another M
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
We don't think this is an M4? Is that because of the double exhaust pipes rather than the quads that the M cars use?

Reason I ask is this: look at the scoop below the grill. True M cars always have the scoop flaring OUTWARDS from top to bottom - that is, the bottom of the scoop is wider than the top. M-sport cars, on the other hand, are the opposite: they flare INWARDS. The top of the scoop is wider than the bottom. This car looks like the bottom of the scoop is wider than the top, which points to an M4. On the other hand, as I note, the exhausts are twin rather than quad.
100% sure it is the M Sport. I see what you're saying, but that is just the camo. Look at this close up of the 435i M sport from another day -

4 Series Coupe Spied

There is also no power dome on the hood, flair fenders, etc. You can see what the M4 is shaping up to look like here -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-photos...82-Spy-Photos/

Tim
Old 04-21-2013, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
100% sure it is the M Sport. I see what you're saying, but that is just the camo. Look at this close up of the 435i M sport from another day -

There is also no power dome on the hood, flair fenders, etc. You can see what the M4 is shaping up to look like here -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-photos...82-Spy-Photos/

Tim
Yep, I see what you mean. Agreed, that isn't an M4.