Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750Li
Angry Horror Story

Purchased my CERTIFIED 2008 BMW 750LI sport. First let me tell you that the delivery of my 750LI came after a month and a half of searching for another Audi Q7 since the dealership who we have purchased 4 cars from sold the first one out from under us... After we had been approved and signed 3/4 of the paperwork....

Next we pick up the 750LI and I notice that the nav screen is severely cracked, the back side window shades will not go down due to upholstery issues, the nav disk is not in the car, and the second key is not programmed to comfort access.

Next the dealership sends the paperwork to the wrong DMV refuses to recall the paperwork and pay the fees... That is until after many arguments and back and fourth phone calls.

Next, had the car inspected and there was evidence of a possible oil leak... BMW claims there is not one...

Next the dealer finally gets in the Navigation Unit to replace the cracked one and agrees to replace that, fix the shades and program the new key... Still waiting on Nav disk as well.. Dropped the car off last Wednesday and they told me it would be ready to pick up on Friday... this Monday I get a call saying while they were taking the car to be washed and delivered the service manager noticed a crack in the NEW navigation screen. Had to order a new part and replace the Nav screen a second time. The car I was supposed to pick up last friday now just became ready today...

Now is the FUN/GREAT part... Pick up the car today and the upholstery still appears to be coming up inside the back door windows, MY TRUNK NO LONGER WORKS and fails, My leg extension on my driver seat Failed and is innoperable, and lastly my back rear right door soft close is working 50% of the time.....

Called dealership manager the cars going back in on Saturday morning.. FML

:bawl ing:: bawling::bawli ng::tsk :

2008 BMW 750i Monaco Blue white and black interior.

2008 BMW 750LI Sport Package Barbera Red with Natural Brown Interior with LED License Lights

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Advertisement
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Sorry bro, I feel ya.

Knowing how meticulous car dealers are when they purchase a car, I cannot believe any of these items went unnoticed. Sorry to say, but they do not deserve your business fullstop.

flash-n
ASK, Logic 7, blower, battery, guibo joint, active stabilizer bar bushings, diff oil, tranny sw update, vacuum pump gasket, window lift, a/c compressor, washer fluid reservoir, belt tensioner and deflector, crankcase vacuum hoses, crankcase vents, solenoid gaskets, headlight overhaul, ISM, hood lifts, driver mirror, sway bar end links, rear fog lamps, headlight washer, headlight vertical aim, VCGs
next up: P0492
Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: 06 750li
sorry bud. 1 of my passenger shades doesn't work and I just said F it after dealing with the dealership for weeks. And if you don't wanna mess with the nav discs, you can buy the whole USA 2013 version for like $50 online.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash_n View Post
Sorry bro, I feel ya.

Knowing how meticulous car dealers are when they purchase a car, I cannot believe any of these items went unnoticed. Sorry to say, but they do not deserve your business fullstop.

flash-n
My business with them will stop after they settle all of this out. They have to take care of it all. I 150% agree that I do not understand how all of this went unnoticed...

Just can't believe after dropping it off for 8 days that I would get it back and have my trunk completely fail and my seat fail etc.

The general manager has been amazing and I have learned to just contact him directly or else everything goes wrong. He told me he would take care of it, so I am dropping it off Saturday morning again. Just unbelievable...

2008 BMW 750LI Sport Package Barbera Red with Natural Brown Interior with LED License Lights

Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc750 View Post
sorry bud. 1 of my passenger shades doesn't work and I just said F it after dealing with the dealership for weeks. And if you don't wanna mess with the nav discs, you can buy the whole USA 2013 version for like $50 online.
Yeah the dealerships are... well they are what they are. Terrible.

I am almost thinking when they took apart the dash and hooked in the new Nav unit maybe they messed with a few wires??? Idk just trying to make sense of this.

Last edited by Monaco&Barbera; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Well not all dealerships are bad. I have had good service at Don Jacobs for the past 5+ years. They have made mistakes, but when I have pointed them out they have gone above and beyond to fix them. I also make sure to slap some bimmerfest or M6board stickers on my cars so they know who's boss.

If I were in your situation I would be pissed. I can't help but think they aren't taking you as seriously because of your young age. I know when I would take my 545 in at 22, which is still older than you, I would definately not get approached or taken as seriously. Now that I am a bit older and I have developed a relationship with the service team it is completly different.

Good luck. This is totally unacceptable for a CPO car.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
I would be upset but you have no reason to didn't your mom buy you that car...?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobird209 View Post
I would be upset but you have no reason to didn't your mom buy you that car...?
You don't even have a 7 yet right?

You're pretty much saying that if your mom bought you a car, you wouldn't care if something went wrong with it, just because she paid for it?

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
You don't even have a 7 yet right?

You're pretty much saying that if your mom bought you a car, you wouldn't care if something went wrong with it, just because she paid for it?
Get him Suri. That's Barbara Red Brotherhood right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Bimmer App

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Suri you're a boss and Db750 nice i'm liking the Barbera Red Brotherhood.

Just because i'm 18 dont assume my mom bought me the car ghettobird209.

Anyways, I hope it is something simple such as a pinched wire? I've read somewhere on the forum that it could be a failed module for the trunk? The trunk showed no sign of failure before I dropped it off and same with the seat..

Last edited by Monaco&Barbera; 04-19-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:25 AM

No I would be upset to, but this guy is crying and whining over expendable money, This just another 5,000$ to him down the drain that could of been spent on some other luxuries that his momma buys. When you actually earn something all on your own, work hard as **** for a couple years and pay out to buy a nice thing like a car, THEN you will know how it feels to earn something.I KNOW FOR A FACT a 18 year old didn't buy a 2008 750li WITH HARD EARNED MONEY that's forshure. Until then, have fun whipping your ass with mommy's money.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM

maybe he got a settlement. idk but I know for a ****ing fact that's not hard earned .
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
David

Quote:
No I would be upset to, but this guy is crying and whining over expendable money, This just another 5,000$ to him down the drain that could of been spent on some other luxuries that his momma buys. When you actually earn something all on your own, work hard as **** for a couple years and pay out to buy a nice thing like a car, THEN you will know how it feels to earn something.I KNOW FOR A FACT a 18 year old didn't buy a 2008 750li WITH HARD EARNED MONEY that's forshure. Until then, have fun whipping your ass with mommy's money.
Llloooooolll!! I'm going to have a hard time posting through the tears, but here goes...

1. His car is CPO, so it's $50 down the drain, but I doubt he paid that since it's the dealerships f up.
2. How do you know how is car was purchased? There Are plenty of other kids on here with cars just as nice or nicer. Want me to give you there screen names so you can troll their posts?
3. Who gives a **** who bought the car? This is a damn 7 series forum. Gather yourself. Let the kid enjoy his car. You would look damn stupid saying this to his face.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
David

Quote:
maybe he got a settlement. idk but I know for a ****ing fact that's not hard earned .
Wealthy people don't "get settlements".

Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the forum.

Does it really matter how his car was acquired? This forum is here to help owners and let other forum members know what's going on with their cars.
This forum is not to bash people because they are young and in a 7 or because they didn't buy their own car
Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
It's really not worth my time to argue your opinions. You have your mind made up about me and it's not worth my time to refute your comments. I will say this however, the car is in my name and I do work very, very hard and have been learning Real Estate since I was 12. (no, not from my parents. I created the opportunity myself) I have worked hard to position myself in a place where I can have a used 7 series at my age. Maybe you should spend more time working to position yourself in a place to purchase a 2003 7 series rather than commenting on other people cars that you have no idea how they purchased or giving your useless opinion on if they deserve it or not. Just Saying...

Also yes the dealer is supposed to be covering it all. My disappointment comes for being out a car and taking many trips to the dealership and having everything go wrong that can go wrong. As the dealership manager said, it goes back to murphy's law. "anything that can happen will"...

Old 04-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 745i 2005
can u change dealership?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Horror Story

Wow!! What deh hell?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Horror Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco&Barbera View Post
It's really not worth my time to argue your opinions. You have your mind made up about me and it's not worth my time to refute your comments. I will say this however, the car is in my name and I do work very, very hard and have been learning Real Estate since I was 12. (no, not from my parents. I created the opportunity myself) I have worked hard to position myself in a place where I can have a used 7 series at my age. Maybe you should spend more time working to position yourself in a place to purchase a 2003 7 series rather than commenting on other people cars that you have no idea how they purchased or giving your useless opinion on if they deserve it or not. Just Saying...

Also yes the dealer is supposed to be covering it all. My disappointment comes for being out a car and taking many trips to the dealership and having everything go wrong that can go wrong. As the dealership manager said, it goes back to murphy's law. "anything that can happen will"...
Bro,
You may be young but you handled that better than most adults I know. I feel your pain and hope that you get this resolved soon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 AM

Thanks First_745li and likewise. Have to push tomorrows appointment back to Monday :/. Hopefully all will be solved by the end of the week... I will no longer be dealing with this dealer after this is taken care of.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: 745li ,Rx8 & 7
I don't think it's really their fault?? Well it is , but at least it's getting taken care of, just think if it was a private sale, I am sure you noticed all these problems when you drove it? But Yes it's a HUGE pain in the butt! And your top shelf in my books! Very professional way of dealing with it.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 750Li
Why is Ghetto allowed to post those kind of comments on this forum ????? Where is MANAGEMENT? His comments are not about our beloved 7's!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn View Post
Why is Ghetto allowed to post those kind of comments on this forum ????? Where is MANAGEMENT? His comments are not about our beloved 7's!!!!!!!!
Well we are entitled to our opinions, but he is just out of line on this one. It really doesn't matter how one acquires his/her ride. This is a place to breath about our 7's that some can't relate to. IMO I would of probably returned the car and patiently searched for another. There should of been no problems with it being CPO.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn View Post
Hey Tenn! I just noticed your from Clarksville. I use to live there for about 2 years when I was stationed at FT Campbell.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecatdriverf7 View Post
I don't think it's really their fault?? Well it is , but at least it's getting taken care of, just think if it was a private sale, I am sure you noticed all these problems when you drove it? But Yes it's a HUGE pain in the butt! And your top shelf in my books! Very professional way of dealing with it.
No problems were ever present. Trunk always worked perfectly and the seat as well... As soon as I picked it up they both failed.

Thank you by the way for the compliment bro.