BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 X5 NEED 2013 Region 2 NAVI CD

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Fan_of_BM 
#1 ·
I just bought my X5 yesterday and realized there is no Naviagtion CD at all or owners manual.

Does anyone have and want to see me the BMW Navigation DVD Region 2 2013 Verion?

Please let me know or if someone knows how to find one besides the dealership.

Thanks!!

#2 ·
I bought my 2006 BMW X5 4.8is one month ago and it's already has it NEV DVD and its very smart and nice system i really like it , but by the way I found it DVD on eBay and I think they have much better prices then the BMW Dealers and they do have money options that you may need

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#3 ·
Ok, I can pay the money but dealerships are way overpriced.

I do not understand though, are there different versions for different model cars or all DVDs universal for all Bmw's?

I come recently from the audi world and previously my other 2 bmws had no navi lol

#4 ·
Yeah I am not sure but I think they all should be the same and fit all BMW models the ones come with NAV system but you have to buy the Last updated versions and the one you buy that DVD from he should Guaranty you that will be fit you Bimmer other than that don't Buy it

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah I am not sure but I think they all should be the same and fit all BMW models the ones come with NAV system ...
Unfortunately the highlighted text in the quote above is not correct. :( There are different DVDs/CDs depending on what type of communication bus system your BMW has. The new BMW models that have iDrive, use the MOST communication bus which is quite different than the older BMWs (includes the e53 X5) that uses the Diagnostic, Can, I, K, M, P communication bus system.

The e53 X5 with the Mark IV nav system uses the HIGH navigation DVD/CD discs...the iDrive BMWs uses the CCC DVD discs. You can find them on eBay for much cheaper than a BMW dealership..but do be careful (read the details) to make sure you are buying the HIGH version & not the CCC version. :)

I believe it was around 2009 when BMW NA switched to Tel-Atlas (TomTom) as the provider of navigation maps for North America (Europe's maps are still provided by NavTeq)...and instead of one single DVD (for the Mark IV)...it uses 2 discs which provide more POI (point of interest) data.

I purchased 2012 DVDs back in Nov 2012 (just before the 2013 discs hit the market) and paid $30 for the 2 discs that cover the USA/Canada/Mexico:

#9 ·
Thanks man for all that information I really appreciate it and I am going to upgrade my NAV too but I don't know if the new version 2013 will be better than the one I have in mine I check mine it say 2005-2 so I will try to buy the 2013 version and see what the new on it ,,,

#10 ·
Qsilver7 said:
...instead of one single DVD...it uses 2 discs which provides more POI (point of interest) data.
If your 2005-2 is the single DVD disc...the 2013 discs are going to have more POI data and perhaps a few new roads (and some incorrect ones, too).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.