Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci
what is Z4 - Pure Traction special equipment package

What is it...? BMW's site is very vague
Ads by Google
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: not a Z4 just yet
Various design and color options, not actually "equipment" as I understand it.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/04/19/20...ft-new-photos/
Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i, 2003 325iT
This new equipment package lends the Roadster an extremely lively aura; the interior, for example, boasts an energy-charged contrast of black and orange. The bespoke Alcantara door panel trim, like the lower section of the instrument panel, comes in orange. The black leather seats have contrast stitching in Valencia Orange and an accent stripe running down the central section of the backrests and seat cushions. This stripe is likewise orange and is flanked by two thin white lines. The door panel trim and lower section of the instrument panel can also be specified in black as an option. Another exclusive element of the Design Pure Traction package is the metal weave trim strip, which can be combined with further decorative elements in high-gloss black for the door openers and the gearshift or selector lever. This new equipment package replaces the previously available Design Pure Impulse and is also available in combination with other exterior paint colours as an option.

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center)
2003 E46 325i Touring Oxford Green over Sand
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 AM

Mein Auto: 330ci
Thanks. Love my old 330Ci and looking at getting a new Z4. Only concern is some pretty harsh reviews on the Z's handling (esp durning high speed turns). Was hoping this was a new package to address some of the concerns.

I see you have a 30i. I would like the power it offers... Saleman suggested the 28i makes a more balanced car... 2 Fest members suggested swapping out the RFts for something like Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Your thoughts...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i, 2003 325iT
30i has plenty of power for me. Easily over 140mph on autobahn. Switched out the runflats (as many here do also) for Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Not sure where or how you drive but I never felt that the car was holding me back in any way. No desire to track this car.

If you are not stuck on a new 28i, you should be able to find plenty of off-lease deals on 30i and 35i cars available now.

Salesmen always suggest what they have on the lot is "best for you"

2011 E89 Z4 30i Crimson over Ivory (Munich delivery, redelivery at Performance Center)
2003 E46 325i Touring Oxford Green over Sand
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW Z-4 35 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mc View Post
Thanks. Love my old 330Ci and looking at getting a new Z4. Only concern is some pretty harsh reviews on the Z's handling (esp durning high speed turns). Was hoping this was a new package to address some of the concerns.

I see you have a 30i. I would like the power it offers... Saleman suggested the 28i makes a more balanced car... 2 Fest members suggested swapping out the RFts for something like Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Your thoughts...
Definitely get rid of the run flats, also buy the tire mobility kit - to fix a flat by yourself in the field - run flats are like riding on hard rubber with no air in the tires - Michilin Pilots - are the way to go - I did - before I took delivery of the car - had the runflats removed, and New Michilin Pilots put on my new rims - a WORLD of Difference- you wont be disappointed either. there are many that have cars coming off lease - and would want your run flats too -

Phil