Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 04-20-2013, 08:38 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 99' 540i M-Sport
IACV M30 Help

Just finished my M30B35 swap with Motronic 1.3 and 179 ecu in my e30. Starts fine no problems, but idles crazy high. Im thinking because I don't have a oxygen sensor, idle air control valve or a evap solenoid hooked up. The oxygen sensor im not worried about, I could always buy one or emulate one with resistors. Im thinking my main problem is the lack of a idle air control valve.
My question is since my motor didn't come with one and I can't get ahold of one till thursday, Can I use my two wire idle control valve in place of the three wire and just ground one wire like the oxygen sensor? Or am I doomed with a high idle till thursday? Im fabbing up my exhuast tonight to snake around my motor mounts on this hotrod lol.

That evap solenoid wouldn't cause my idle to be crazy like this would it? I have the evap canister from my e30 hooked up but with no solenoid in between, cause it just operated off vacuum.

1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
R.I.P

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777
Ads by Google