Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e65 745i
svs fitted

Just fitted another option to my car .svs fitted .used original setup from another car including all fibre optic leads.fitted the button to the steering wheel and all worked fine with no coding needed.il change the vin at a later date on the module .Bluetooth module should be here Monday to fit and allow full connectability.
Ads by Google
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Nice one, I done the same, Unfortunately I cant get the voice control to work with the bluetooth TCU I have retrofitted. Will have to have a trawl through the coding files and see whats going on.

Can you get hold of some lengths of fibre optic cables with the ends on? Im retrofitting the DVD changer soon and I'm just missing the MOST fibres, reluctant to buy another CD changer retrofit harness!

Cheers

Stuart
Old 04-20-2013, 03:52 PM

Hope get that sorted as that's next thing on my list .tcu should be here monday.I have a few spare fibres here with the ends in plugs as I got the lot from the breakers and fitted the whole loop apart from the 2 coming down from the front.il check wat I've left an let u know .the retrofit harness for the DVD changer is still available from BMW not that dear I think it includes the wiring to the fusebox etc and Der is a fan that has to be plugged into it too when fitting the changer to keep it cool back der.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Yeah the TCU upgrade is really worth it, will have to sort the coding for the SVS!

Ahh right nice one thanks, Will have a look for the part number and get a quote. The DVD changer I ordered has the connector minus the fibres, and I just ordered the video module connector for the CVBS input as FOC samples from Tyco Electronics.

Yeah there is fan to connect, is it just one? the radial style that exhausts through the vent behind the bumper? Its driven via a relay from the power module, I will definitely enquire about the retrofit harness at the dealers.

Thanks!

Stuart
Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjohn24 View Post
Yeah the TCU upgrade is really worth it, will have to sort the coding for the SVS!

Ahh right nice one thanks, Will have a look for the part number and get a quote. The DVD changer I ordered has the connector minus the fibres, and I just ordered the video module connector for the CVBS input as FOC samples from Tyco Electronics.

Yeah there is fan to connect, is it just one? the radial style that exhausts through the vent behind the bumper? Its driven via a relay from the power module, I will definitely enquire about the retrofit harness at the dealers.

Thanks!

Stuart
65120416126 heres part number for complete kit with all parts needed for dvd retrofit so just order all minus dvd changer
and harness 61120151241