Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: X3 F25
Audio Upgrade BMW Specific

I've been searching all over the net for some BMW specific speakers replacement, so far there is none specific for F25, only for the other models (E9x, E8x, E6x, F1x, F30, etc)

Anyone know which of the other BMW models is exactly has the same settings as our F25 ?

Here's what I've found:
1. Jehnert Flat-Line Woofer systems
2. Gladen ONE 200 BMW
3. Audio System X-ION 200 BMW Plus
4. German Maestro SWF 8012 HE
5. Earthquake SWS-8 & SWS-8Xi

Seems only no.1 and 5 get discussed in this forum, has anyone try the others ?
There was a quick review on No. 2 (http://www.highdesertme.com/?p=704)
The 8" woofer is more of a sub for no.4 and 5 (down to 30Hz), while no.1 is more of a midbass (40Hz?) the rest couldn't find the info.
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765915
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:14 AM

yes, I'm aware of that one, what about no.2, 3, and 4, anyone ever try ?

Found German Maestro EFS 4008 to be directly fitted the E83 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=608849)
How does the F25 differ than the E83 ?

What about the center speaker? seems there is a tweet and mid inside the dash, noone seems to discuss about this one, is it worth upgrading the center ?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: E91 330D

Have not tested this myself, but is a standard woofer they have had for years only with an adapter included. For what i know it should be okay, no more, no less.

2. Gladen ONE 200 BMW

System with the best fit since they have recently changed the tweeter housing to custom fit the latest BMW's. Very good bang for the buck. Woofer will also fit the F models with only slight modifications. Mid and tweet will fit every BMW since the E60 and upwards.

Imitation of the Eartquake SWS woofers. Not bad for the money but I just hate people that lack innovation...
Also the efficiency for the woofers is rather low and power handling is not great, so you might end up with toasted woofers.

Yet to be introduced at the CES. Should be very good though since GermanMAESTRO is actually the former MB Quart (Made in Germany). Won't fit the F models though (too deep) and I doubt if it is possible to mount it ánd use the factory grille cover.

Patented Shallow Mounted woofers that perform very well. Not shure if it will outperform the GermanMAESTRO woofers though, and pricing is expected to be more or less the same.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemwever View Post

Have not tested this myself, but is a standard woofer they have had for years only with an adapter included. For what i know it should be okay, no more, no less.

2. Gladen ONE 200 BMW

System with the best fit since they have recently changed the tweeter housing to custom fit the latest BMW's. Very good bang for the buck. Woofer will also fit the F models with only slight modifications. Mid and tweet will fit every BMW since the E60 and upwards.

Imitation of the Eartquake SWS woofers. Not bad for the money but I just hate people that lack innovation...
Also the efficiency for the woofers is rather low and power handling is not great, so you might end up with toasted woofers.

Yet to be introduced at the CES. Should be very good though since GermanMAESTRO is actually the former MB Quart (Made in Germany). Won't fit the F models though (too deep) and I doubt if it is possible to mount it ánd use the factory grille cover.

Patented Shallow Mounted woofers that perform very well. Not shure if it will outperform the GermanMAESTRO woofers though, and pricing is expected to be more or less the same.
found the spec of German Maestro SWF 8012 HE (http://www.bigdogaudio.de/Parameter.pdf)
the site put their ad that this badboy is ready for the new BMWs (would think they meant the Fs)
Are you sure it won't fit ?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 AM

Yes I'm pretty sure. Mounting depth on the F models is quite a bit smaller than the E models and GermanMAESTRO quotes a mounting depth of 58 mm which is just too much.

http://www.bigdogaudio.de/subwoofer-...-swf-1012.html

It says it will fit the E60/E81/E91. Nothing about the F types...

I am currently running the Gladen system and at this time I would not trade it for another system unless I was going full active. In that case I would still be using the Gladen midranges and woofers and maybe switch to some kind of compact high end tweeter. Going full active isn't for the faint of heart because you have to get the extra wires into the door.

Last edited by Willemwever; 12-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 AM

based on the specsheet (http://www.bigdogaudio.de/Parameter.pdf) the chassis depth is only 58mm
I don't see any reference to the 82mm mounting depth, where did you get this number from ?

Really hope this one can fit as I may only able to order this one from the local distributor.....
Plus, I'm thinking of also ordering the German Maestro EFS 4008 for my tweet and midrange, combine with the MS-8. Any thought about this setup ?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 AM

82 mm was a typo, I changed it well before you posted
Anyway, if you think they will fit, just order them. It will only set you back about $ 400,- for the pair.. :-)
I know that the Gladen midwoofer has 51 mm mounting depth and that woofer won't fit the F types without modifications to the housing. The GermanMAESTRO has 58 mm ánd a rear vented pole-piece that needs some room for ventilation.

EFS 4008 is just fine, but why the MS-8? Do you have some kind of Bluetooth carkit? The MS-8 has terrible echo issues when using your carkit over the speakers. Besides that it has very limited power. No need to use the heavy duty GermanMAESTRO woofers with that kind of amplifier power. If you want the DSP capability why not go for the Mosconi ONE 120.4 DSP. This Italian made puppy has 4 x 120 Watt clean output power and the best integrated DSP I've ever used. It's very reliable especially in BMW due to the balanced high level inputs (no turn-on pops or alternator whine).

It is available in Indonesia through this distributor:

http://www.rpm-audio.com/product.jsp?page=product
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM

I have the built in bluetooth, does it count as what you referred as the bt carkit ?
I know the power from the MS-8 is not enough to drive the aftermarket woofer, was thinking of adding more power.... but you mentioned the 120.4 DSP, looks interesting, would it make a lot of different on the number of channels ? 4 vs 8 ?

I have contacted the link you gave, and they said they don't have the speaker set, must special order it.
Here in Indonesia, everytime I go to the local installers, they always advise to do more extreme than I would want, i.e., modify the door panel, modify the boot to cater for sub, etc... while all I want is really a stealth upgrade..
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 AM

Yes the MS-8 has a built-in delay of around 20 ms (or more) due to the built in DSP, a common problem with most DSP based systems. This messes up the echo supression system of your BT carkit. Mosconi DSP's have a delay around 0,6 ms wich does not cause any problems.

Damping is not very critical in modern generation BMW's since the door only has midranfe speakers and the woofers are mounted in very compact and stable housings. A little damping around the midrange speaker is just right.

Four channels is exactly what you need to power the front system including the woofers. Please note that in F type BMW's you can pick up all the signal cables (both for speaker and woofers) at the woofers, under the seats, so there is no need to remove the factory radio.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM

Hi Willemwever,
I use my BT a lot, if that is really the case then I really need to find something else
The distributor here don't have the 120.4, they said people tend to go with the 6to8 DSP and separate power so that they can get more channels.

Don't really understand what you mean by getting the signal cables from the under the seats.
I thought the door panel speakers (tweet and mid) has their own set of cables going to the amp at the back, while the woofer under the seat have its own going also to the amp at the back.
Care to elaborate more ?
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekor View Post
Hi Willemwever,
I use my BT a lot, if that is really the case then I really need to find something else
The distributor here don't have the 120.4, they said people tend to go with the 6to8 DSP and separate power so that they can get more channels.
True about flexibility, not very economic. Depends on the budget...

Quote:
Don't really understand what you mean by getting the signal cables from the under the seats.
I thought the door panel speakers (tweet and mid) has their own set of cables going to the amp at the back, while the woofer under the seat have its own going also to the amp at the back.
Care to elaborate more ?
Thanks.
Usually in BMW F types the cables run from the factory headunit to the woofers and go to the mid and high range speakers from there. This is unless your factory system is HiFi/Harman kardon in which case there will be an actual amp in the trunk of the car.

This Dutch company actually caries a database of car specific DSP settings that you can upload to your DSP amp.

http://www.hifimotive.nl/?p=165

Not sure if they have them for the F25 though.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to DTee
Mein Auto: F10 520i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemwever View Post
True about flexibility, not very economic. Depends on the budget...

Usually in BMW F types the cables run from the factory headunit to the woofers and go to the mid and high range speakers from there. This is unless your factory system is HiFi/Harman kardon in which case there will be an actual amp in the trunk of the car.

This Dutch company actually caries a database of car specific DSP settings that you can upload to your DSP amp.

http://www.hifimotive.nl/?p=165

Not sure if they have them for the F25 though.
Hi, I'm interested in the settings as well but the page is in Dutch. Could you kindly point to me where could I get the settings for F10 please?

Thanks.