Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: trucks, sports car
enough data for difference in models

Have the BMW guys that really know the details seen enough to list the changes from
2013 to 2014. I've tried to look but the models seem very similar. As far as
front and rear. Thinking about a 2014 but if not that many changes might see if
can get a good deal on a left over 2013. So far not liking color selection of 2014
but sure what seen on the net is not a full list. Have a 2010 335i sports. wanting
to get a X5 because might be easier to get in and out of, along with hauling space.

Only new option that might interest me are LED lighting.
Ads by Google
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
if your looking to see whats gonna be available tech and features wise. Build yourself a current 5 series and you will know what features and options (75% at least) will come on the F15.

The only thing leftout would be colors. Historically launch vehicles are limited in the color palette. Getting access to the full spectrum would require a wait till either Feb or more for production standards to reflect all the colors that would eventually be available on the F15.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 AM

That is it, I'm getting the idea the 2014 is not going to be all new. Maybe some
front restyling. Seen comments worrying about a new first years.

Why made the thread to see just was is new, and if a person would need to be
concerned about first years teething pains.

I would be looking to see is it a new chassis (longer ??), redesigned motor ,
completely new transmission. This what was looking to see if experts can
say yet, just what is going to be new. If just a carry over with new headlights
quality issues should be limited

Last edited by txagbmw; 04-28-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
The F15 BMW x5 aka the 2014 model, is ALLL NEWWW.

The chassis is built on the F platform, whereas the 2013s and before are built on the E platform. Expect it to be lighter and maybe a bit longer. The basic powertrain will use the same N series motor block (which was introduced in say early 2000), but with different power tuning (heavy software and addon hardware changes). So yes in terms of the 2014, your getting a car that was designed in 2007 to take BMWs medium size CUV through the next decade or so (7 years). The 2013 was designed in 1999-2000 to last BMW 7 years (2006-2013). Yes the basic components are the same as in say any new F-platform cars (engine, software, hardware addons), but since this is a different product, theres always room for failure. Typically BMW and almost every mfg has issues their first year, tooling issues at the factory, workers are unfamiliar with the vehicle, and the real world is the harshest test for a car. However if you dont plan on keeping the car past your lease or warranty, who gives a .... Yes you might be inconvenienced but you always have loaners, and you have the honor of driving the latest and greatest from BMW.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Good information. I don't plan on keeping the car long term. Till end of warranty
and that is it. So like you say, if has issues going to be on BMW. If after 4 years
has issues and don't want to deal with it, trade it in.

I've had first year cars, second years cars. so on. From various makes. Can say
have had just as much trouble from first year to a last year. Just depends.
lemons are just made.

But will wait till after the first of 2014 to get a 2014. Gives some time to get the
tooling going.