Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Adaptive Xenon Headlight Malfunction

Last month I brought my 06 330xi to my Indy shop to have one of my halo bulbs replaced. When I got the car back I noticed that the seal was broken and condensation was forming inside the headlight unit. I wasn't able to get back to the shop for a few weeks, and during that time, the adaptive headlight malfunctioned - it no longer moves.

I have an appointment tomorrow and have a few questions to educate myself a bit:

First, is there potential correlation between the broken seal and the adaptive headlight malfunction? The shop has already acknowledged their responsibility for the seal and said they would review the headlight situation in good faith.

Secondly, does the entire headlight unit typically need to be replaced or just the motor?

Thanks as always for your help.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Adaptive Xenon Headlight Malfunction

I had that on my LCI E90. I thought the stepper motor or control unit went bad. The dealer flushed the software and it resolve the issue.
The headlight unit does not include all components, it is just a shell, an expensive shell.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_dave View Post
Last month I brought my 06 330xi to my Indy shop to have one of my halo bulbs replaced. When I got the car back I noticed that the seal was broken and condensation was forming inside the headlight unit. I wasn't able to get back to the shop for a few weeks, and during that time, the adaptive headlight malfunctioned - it no longer moves.

Ummmmm, this may have happened to another driver. Run through this listing - do you see anything useful?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Re: Adaptive Xenon Headlight Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Ummmmm, this may have happened to another driver. Run through this listing - do you see anything useful?
Thanks Calwaterboy, that's helpful. Interestingly, I searched "adaptive headlight" (I do search before asking) and didn't see that discussion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_dave View Post
Thanks Calwaterboy, that's helpful. Interestingly, I searched "adaptive headlight" (I do search before asking) and didn't see that discussion.

It is my contention and steadfast belief that Google is a vast social and psychiatric experiential and data gathering device.

Dig this: On different computers on the same network with but one Internet gateway, widely differing result may be observed for exactly the same search text on different machines.

It is too much. We are bullied, cajoled; fed carefully tailored news & views via search engines and other 'information' portals 24/7, with every venue exploited to form our opinion and world view, as we only know what we're told.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
same thing happened to my friend, good luck
Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 AM

Re: Adaptive Xenon Headlight Malfunction

Turns out the computer isn't talking to either light. I'm not sure if electrical is better or worse than mechanical... We need to spend some time in the shop to diagnose.