Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 745I
Driver side Window

Good day to all, I have searched but no luck on finding a fix to myproblem. My driverside window will not come down, all the other windows work just fine. I stopped by my INDY and he wants to stiff me beacuse he has no competetion in this town, so he's just like the dealer when it comes to pricing. Ok, all the fuse are good to go and I pulled the door panel and everything looks fine, what other problems could this be, thanks?
Drilled/Slotted aftermarket rotors

2006 Nissan Armada
Basic Silver
Gianna Wheels
JL Audio System/ Headrest monitors
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Not too sure, but possibly a bad switch
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: '95 840Ci, '05 745Li
My passenger side had same issue a few months ago. See if the courtesy light at the bottom of the door is dimming slightly when you activate the switch. In my case it was doing that so I suspected the motor was seized. I replaced just the motor (not the regulator) and it fixed the issue. I was able to replace the motor without completely removing the regulator which saved me a bunch of time. Part was about $150 IIRC.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745I
Thanks for the input, i'm working on it today....
Drilled/Slotted aftermarket rotors

2006 Nissan Armada
Basic Silver
Gianna Wheels
JL Audio System/ Headrest monitors
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: E66 730Ld
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanlare View Post
My passenger side had same issue a few months ago. See if the courtesy light at the bottom of the door is dimming slightly when you activate the switch. In my case it was doing that so I suspected the motor was seized. I replaced just the motor (not the regulator) and it fixed the issue. I was able to replace the motor without completely removing the regulator which saved me a bunch of time. Part was about $150 IIRC.
Interesting, mine failed the other day, and noticed that the said light was dimming, so prepared myself for replacing the motor. However, after clearing errors in INPA and recharging the battery (which needed replacing), the following day, the window worked!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 750LI
Driver's window

Dvanlare was this hard to do? I just noticed today on my 2007 750LI the driver's window won't go down, and the light does dim when activating the switch. All other windows work from the driver control...even the express down works all but the driver's window.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:41 PM

Mein Auto: '95 840Ci, '05 745Li
The toughest part is removing all of the trim to gain access. Buy some plastic trim removal tools to make the job much easier and avoid damaging the trim. Many will replace the regulator and the motor together but I took a chance and just replaced the motor. I was able to loosen the screws to the regulator and gain enough access to the 3 screws that hold the motor and remove it without taking the regulator out. It saves a bit of time to not have to mess with disconnecting the window from the regulator and removing that.

Read through this thread as it has some documents from Keif documenting the removal process. Post 13 has the front regulator details. You don't have to release the door retainer and if you don't need to completely remove the regulator you don't need to remove the chrome window trim or mess with the window glass.
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=447406