Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Thank you for the headsup, if you got this after registering online, I shall be prepared for seeing three of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
These mailings are not sent out after you register. They are physical invitations that contain your personal invite code if you were targeted for the event.

analogue is correct. It is an invitation with unique ID# which will pull up your profile including name, address , phone # & email. Hence, I receive my confirmation via email after signing up the event using the invitation ID#.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 1.34.10 PM.png
Views:	13957
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	374009  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Signed up and ready to drive a 640 gc and its MB competitor! Yeah!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Bimmer App

2013 335i M-sport xDrive 'Superman Combo'
Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Premium, Technology, Sport auto, Rear-view camera, Park Distance Control, HK
ED: May 28, 2013
Redelivery: Aug 12, 2013
Old 05-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
BTW -- where does it say on BMW's website that you get a $1,000 rebate? When I registered it said nothing about a $1K certificate. Only place I've read about the $1,000 is on Bimmerfest so far?

I just don't want to be disappointed that I waited to buy a car until after the event just to be told that I won't be getting a certificate.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierrob View Post
BTW -- where does it say on BMW's website that you get a $1,000 rebate? When I registered it said nothing about a $1K certificate. Only place I've read about the $1,000 is on Bimmerfest so far?

I just don't want to be disappointed that I waited to buy a car until after the event just to be told that I won't be getting a certificate.

Thanks!
It says on my paper invitation:"... BMW Ultimate Drive Allowance of $1k toward a new BMW ".

Last edited by bayoucity; 05-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Thanks! I hope the $1K cert isn't just for people who got an invitation code (since I didn't). I wonder how I might be able to confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
It says on my paper invitation:"... BMW Ultimate Drive Allowance of $1k toward a new BMW ".
Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
ask your sa
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:

analogue is correct. It is an invitation with unique ID# which will pull up your profile including name, address , phone # & email. Hence, I receive my confirmation via email after signing up the event using the invitation ID#.

Don't need your explanation now, that other members have done the job.

You either don't know how to clarify, or just want to play an arss. People who did not have IDs knew we did not have IDs.

Although I was never concerned, attended such events three times in the past, twice was just there having the cars done at the dealerships, and signed on to the events there because I knew the events would be held there. The bad part was, the timing was never right, never actually got to use the $1k rebate.

Just curious if BMW ever sends out invitations for their free performace courses where you get to drive M cars on race tracks?

Last edited by dtc100; 05-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Don't need your explanation now, that other members have done the job.

You either don't know how to clarify, or just want to play an arss. People who did not have IDs knew we did not have IDs.

Although I was never concerned, attended such events three times in the past, twice was just there having the cars done at the dealerships, and signed on to the events there because I knew the events would be held there. The bad part was, the timing was never right, never actually got to use the $1k rebate.

Just curious if BMW ever sends out invitations for their free performace courses where you get to drive M cars on race tracks?
^
It's okay if you can't read or misread the reply. You are forgiven
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 328i Sport Line
I like to know 100% if this rebate is good for cars that are custom order builds that have not been delivered yet.

My car is being transported to the US west coast now via the WW Fedora. I should take possession around the end of this month. Can I get the rebate form using the Ultimate Driving Event in my area and be able to apply it at the time of signing of the purchase contract?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: 1M, 2014 F31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzWildcatG View Post
I like to know 100% if this rebate is good for cars that are custom order builds that have not been delivered yet.

My car is being transported to the US west coast now via the WW Fedora. I should take possession around the end of this month. Can I get the rebate form using the Ultimate Driving Event in my area and be able to apply it at the time of signing of the purchase contract?
Unfortunately, 100% no. You must attend the event before you negotiate any type of deal (whether that is a custom order or a car sitting on the lot).
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 328i Sport Line
Thanks. It was worth a try!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
^
It's okay if you can't read or misread the reply. You are forgiven
You directed to my post with your half arss post that made no attempt to explain that you went through a different sign up process. Most people here weren't talking about sign up by invitation, you were pretty much the first. It took a few members to clarify, before you again made some half arssed response as if you were trying to educate people.

We knew there were two sign up processes, no need your education. Anyone who visited that page knew there were two ways to sign up. Besides, I was joking anyway, if you saw the, so no need to be snobbish.

This is not the first time I have done the event, I have three BMW caps from three different events in the past. Unfortunately, the quality of the caps have gone down in each subsequent event.

I only put on the very first cap they gave me when the occasion arises.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
You directed to my post with your half arss post that made no attempt to explain that you went through a different sign up process. Most people here weren't talking about sign up by invitation, you were pretty much the first. It took a few members to clarify, before you again made some half arssed response as if you were trying to educate people.

We knew there were two sign up processes, no need your education. Anyone who visited that page knew there were two ways to sign up. Besides, I was joking anyway, if you saw the, so no need to be snobbish.

This is not the first time I have done the event, I have three BMW caps from three different events in the past. Unfortunately, the quality of the caps have gone down in each subsequent event.

I only put on the very first cap they gave me when the occasion arises.
^ It really is okay. You have been forgiven

yawn ...
Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
^ It really is okay. You have been forgiven

yawn ...
I can understand the excitmemt getting an invitation from BMW for a driving event at the dealer.

I was equally excited when I got the invitation to attend a three hour Porsche "performance course" and get to drive four different Porsche performance models on a race track.

I will then go to the BMW event and drive a Panamera against the M6 GC. My bet it will be a base Panamera BMW will use for the event, which is perfect, because Porsche will not have a base Panamera during their event.

See how the M6 GC fairs against the base and the top Panameras. The M6 GC should eat the base Panamera for breakfast with its Turbo V8, if only I can find a place with speed limit above 25 mph during the event. Although the $1k potential money to use evens things out a little.

Last edited by dtc100; 05-02-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
I can understand the excitmemt getting an invitation from BMW for a driving event at the dealer.

I was equally excited when I got the invitation to attend a three hour Porsche "performance course" and get to drive four different Porsche performance models on a race track.

I will then go to the BMW event and drive a Panamera against the M6 GC. My bet it will be a base Panamera BMW will use for the event, which is perfect, because Porsche will not have a base Panamera during their event.

See how the M6 GC fairs against the base and the top Panameras. The M6 GC should eat the base Panamera for breakfast with its Turbo V8, if only I can find a place with speed limit above 25 mph during the event. Although the $1k potential money to use evens things out a little.
BMW has a history of providing competitor cars that are equally equipped with the BMW model to which they're compared.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: F30 335i M Sport
So is BMW going to email a confirmation? I forgot when I signed up and didn't print out the page.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
BMW has a history of providing competitor cars that are equally equipped with the BMW model to which they're compared.
I hope you are correct. If BMW is going to provide a Panamera Turbo V8 against the M6 GC Turbo V8, I will be able to actually compare the Panamera Turbo both on the track and in the street. I will also be taking videos during both events if this is true. And if all goes well I will post videos here too.

A lot has been said about how modern performance cars today can not be too much fun because people don't get to take them to the track, therefore cannot realize even "3/10th" of their potential. The videos will hopefully add some value to the debate.

But my bet is BMW will use a base Panamera. From the price point, they can say it is fair.

I do have a question if people here can help me out. When is your local BMW driving event going to take place? Want to know the earliest event and location.

Last edited by dtc100; 05-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
I am really curious what BMW will use as a comparison vehicle for the X1. MINI Countryman? Range Rover Evoqe?, Acura RDX? Audi Q5? Mazda CX-5?

Until the Audi Q3 hits US shores the X1 doesn't really have a lot of obvious natural competitors. Only the MINI is close in size but is significantly cheaper.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
I hope you are correct. If BMW is going to provide a Panamera Turbo V8 against the M6 GC Turbo V8, I will be able to actually compare the Panamera Turbo both on the track and in the street. I will also be taking videos during both events if this is true. And if all goes well I will post videos here too.

A lot has been said about how modern performance cars today can not be too much fun because people don't get to take them to the track, therefore cannot realize even "3/10th" of their potential. The videos will hopefully add some value to the debate.

But my bet is BMW will use a base Panamera. From the price point, they can say it is fair.

I do have a question if people here can help me out. When is your local BMW driving event going to take place? Want to know the earliest event and location.
Have you seen something that leads you to expect an ///M6 GC? It is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely the event you attend will have an ///M6 GC in the lineup. EXCEEDINGLY UNLIKELY. First off, this is a street drive event, not a closed course event. Second, this is not a Motor Sport Division event. Over the years I have received one invitation to an ///M3 driving event. It was held on the runway of a local executive airport.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 05-02-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
Unfortunately, 100% no. You must attend the event before you negotiate any type of deal (whether that is a custom order or a car sitting on the lot).
not in my case. but that was in 2011. maybe it's changed.

ask your sa, maybe if you're cool enough, you'll get it like me
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Have you seen something that leads you to expect an ///M6 GC? It is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely the event you attend will have an ///M6 GC in the lineup. EXCEEDINGLY UNLIKELY. First off, this is a street drive event, not a closed course event. Second, this is not a Motor Sport Division event. Over the years I have received one invitation to an ///M3 driving event. It was held on the runway of a local executive airport.
A base 6 GC and base P will still be in BMW's favor, for street driving that is.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 320i w/Sport & Light Pkgs
In my case it was suggested by the sales person.

Just signed for it and will apply to my purchase coming soon.

Black on Black 2013 320i Sedan
+ Sport Pkg (M sport suspension, M steering wheel, 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke, Sport seats, Power-adjustable side bolsters, Increased top-speed & Anthracite headliner)
+ Lighting Pkg (Xenon Adaptive Headlights, dynamic auto-leveling, LED Corona surrounds)
+ 2 Way Power Moonroof
Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 TSX
I imagine this should be okay to apply to a car I'm about to order? I put the deposit down this week and car should arrive in July. My drive event is scheduled for June 11th.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
I imagine this should be okay to apply to a car I'm about to order? I put the deposit down this week and car should arrive in July. My drive event is scheduled for June 11th.
No. It is not applicable to orders placed prior to attending the event.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 320i w/Sport & Light Pkgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Correct as previously indicated you should not order the car before the event. You can wait to assist the event and then order the car, or talk to your sales rep since he might be willing to order the car but for dealer usage instead of you, and this way you save delivery time. This 2nd option was offered to me I just swiped my credit card to guarantee the purchase.

Black on Black 2013 320i Sedan
+ Sport Pkg (M sport suspension, M steering wheel, 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke, Sport seats, Power-adjustable side bolsters, Increased top-speed & Anthracite headliner)
+ Lighting Pkg (Xenon Adaptive Headlights, dynamic auto-leveling, LED Corona surrounds)
+ 2 Way Power Moonroof