Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrO View Post
Correct as previously indicated you should not order the car before the event. You can wait to assist the event and then order the car, or talk to your sales rep since he might be willing to order the car but for dealer usage instead of you, and this way you save delivery time. This 2nd option was offered to me I just swiped my credit card to guarantee the purchase.
thats good
Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrO View Post
Correct as previously indicated you should not order the car before the event. You can wait to assist the event and then order the car, or talk to your sales rep since he might be willing to order the car but for dealer usage instead of you, and this way you save delivery time. This 2nd option was offered to me I just swiped my credit card to guarantee the purchase.
This may be an option if you have a willing dealer. The incentive is not available for Priority 1 orders, Customer Sold. You may be able to get your dealer to order your car as Priority 3, dealer inventory, with the understanding that when the car arrives you will immediately buy it. In that scenario you could place your order prior to the event.

If you've already ordered the car you would have to cancel the order or get your dealer to reclassify it as Priority 3. If the car is built and delivered in Priority 1 status it will be ineligible for the incentive.

If your dealer is willing to do this the main effect it will have on you is that it might cause some delay in when the car is built, shipped, and delivered, because Priority 1 orders have priority over Priority 3 orders on the production schedule.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

I just now received email confirmations to the two events I registered for last Friday, April 26th. The event at my preferred dealer is on a Thursday, so I also registered at another area dealer where the event is on Saturday.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 05-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Mein Auto: 320i w/Sport & Light Pkgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
This may be an option if you have a willing dealer. The incentive is not available for Priority 1 orders, Customer Sold. You may be able to get your dealer to order your car as Priority 3, dealer inventory, with the understanding that when the car arrives you will immediately buy it. In that scenario you could place your order prior to the event.

If you've already ordered the car you would have to cancel the order or get your dealer to reclassify it as Priority 3. If the car is built and delivered in Priority 1 status it will be ineligible for the incentive.

If your dealer is willing to do this the main effect it will have on you is that it might cause some delay in when the car is built, shipped, and delivered, because Priority 1 orders have priority over Priority 3 orders on the production schedule.
Hello tturedraider. I was not aware on the priority assignment, but you are correct it might work if you have a willing dealer which I have. Looking at the order the dealer shared with me he assigned a priority 2 "center own use" (look at the attached image)

So Iron Man you might give it a shot and see if it works for you the way it worked for me, and if not it might work to wait some additional days to shave off 1000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5183c4af.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	374564  

Black on Black 2013 320i Sedan
+ Sport Pkg (M sport suspension, M steering wheel, 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke, Sport seats, Power-adjustable side bolsters, Increased top-speed & Anthracite headliner)
+ Lighting Pkg (Xenon Adaptive Headlights, dynamic auto-leveling, LED Corona surrounds)
+ 2 Way Power Moonroof
Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
I just now received email confirmations to the two events I registered for last Friday, April 26th. The event at my preferred dealer is on a Thursday, so I also registered at another area dealer where the event is on Saturday.
I also just received confirmation email. The events are still several months away. Did you mean your events had already taken place and you received confirmation after the fact?

I know the answer is likely a no but want to make sure.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 TSX
Thanks for the information everyone. Looks like I need to have a discussion on this with my CA.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I also just received confirmation email. The events are still several months away. Did you mean your events had already taken place and you received confirmation after the fact?

I know the answer is likely a no but want to make sure.
My events are in August.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: 535i 6M
I just registered with no ID and got immediate confirmation, with an early date!

"Your registration is now complete and your BMW experience has been scheduled for Friday, June 7, 2013, xxxx PM at South Bay BMW. Please print this page for your records."
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Just got my email confirmation!

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 AM

Mein Auto: TSX
I signed up at the web site and got a confirmation for 14 May. I did not get a card in the mail, but have been on their mailing list in the past. The 328 is on my short list as is the Q50 and new IS. I loved my E46 coupe, test drove but passed on the E90, now I look forward to driving the new car. I understand it will not drive like the E46, but I'm older now and may not mind. After 14 May I guess I'll know. The e-mail invite did talk about the $1,000 credit, but also said it was a limited time offer, it didn't say how limited it is. I'm not looking to buy now so it may not help me at all.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 TSX
Just got my email confirmation!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Hrmmm -- no email confirmation for me yet. I signed up about two weeks ago and have my printout.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
WTF... You have to be over 21 to test drive the vehicles? That means 3 years of me not being able to partake in the BMW Ultimate Driving Event. :thumbs down: I'll just go drive my Uncle's 7-series if I really wanted to.... I wanted some hands-on with the 5-series.... Was planning on getting on over the summer.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
BMW Ultimate Driving Event for 2013!! $1,000 incentive. Registration link!

Oh the horror.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
WTF... You have to be over 21 to test drive the vehicles? That means 3 years of me not being able to partake in the BMW Ultimate Driving Event. :thumbs down: I'll just go drive my Uncle's 7-series if I really wanted to.... I wanted some hands-on with the 5-series.... Was planning on getting on over the summer.
At least it is not over 45, their target age.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
At least it is not over 45, their target age.
I guess that is true... I really wanted to get take a 5-series on a long journey..... Might just have to take a shot in the dark adn get one....
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
I guess that is true... I really wanted to get take a 5-series on a long journey..... Might just have to take a shot in the dark adn get one....
Nineteen year old wanting to drive a new 5 series, I think BMW was right to put the age limit

As bad as when BMW decided to go floaty comfy with their cars, they didn't want our younger generations to get the new habit, until their bodies can really benefit from a softy ride, like after the age of 21.

Last edited by dtc100; 05-07-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: 01 M5, 08 535xit
You think that's bad? Try renting a car under 25

Remember, you aren't a true adult yet. You are just legally responsible for your actions and can vote. But you can't legally drink or so certain other things.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: 01 M5, 08 535xit
Quote:
This is huge - I'd much rather be able to identify 2-3 dates and be shown as having attended at more than one dealership as well.

To me it's $1k + $500 BMWCCA + whatever other incentives are being offered. With negotiation, this is some really nice benefits...
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 12 328i ED & 11 328i ED
Signed-up for June 8 at Beverly Hills BMW. The lease on my wife's e90 328i is up in October so this is perfect timing. $1,000 + $500 BMW CCA Rebate = a better deal and a happy returning customer.

I will probably get her a 328d assuming the money works-out right. If not, then a 328i it will be!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_man View Post
I signed up at the web site and got a confirmation for 14 May. I did not get a card in the mail, but have been on their mailing list in the past. The 328 is on my short list as is the Q50 and new IS. I loved my E46 coupe, test drove but passed on the E90, now I look forward to driving the new car. I understand it will not drive like the E46, but I'm older now and may not mind. After 14 May I guess I'll know. The e-mail invite did talk about the $1,000 credit, but also said it was a limited time offer, it didn't say how limited it is. I'm not looking to buy now so it may not help me at all.
Just a follow up after I attended this event....

- Signed up for 1100 on the 14th at Advantage BMW in Clear Lake, just down the street from me. Got there at 1103 and there were about 10 people ahead of me. Somehow I thought this was a little more 'by appointment' event vice a larger group event. I guess I either mis understood or just had my expectations too high.
- Registered (again) even though I had already registered on line. Like a lot of these drive events they have iPads and enter all this info, check your drivers license and put a wrist band on you.
- The event was being run by some temp BMW staff. They were not part of the dealer. They probably travel with the show. They brought a few cars with them. But the 3-series was not one of them... huh?
- I was there to drive the F30, but like I said the event folks didn't even bring one. The dealer had to use one of their cars and they only had ONE to drive. We sat in the dealership eating free munchies waiting for the one guy ahead of us who was driving the 3-series. We sat there for 45 minutes. I was getting pretty annoyed. My wife and I both took a day off from work to go and I was feeling like I wasted a vacation day. Free food aside I didn't expect to come to this event to sit for 45 minutes waiting to drive a car. I was set to walk away at 1 hr. Finally they came to get us since the car was available. Since it was a dealer car I had to go get my insurance before I could drive the car. Close to the 1 hr mark we finally got to drive a 328 with Premium and Nav.
- My expectation before the event was that I had a set time to drive the car for an extended period, but they gave me 15 minutes. No one came with us, but 15 minutes is really not a lot of time with the car. By this time I was so annoyed I was not very up to drive the car. Just my impressions if anyone on here is interested... I liked the N20 engine. It had plenty of power for me in Comfort and Sport (Eco was awful except maybe for highway cruising) and I didn't find it in anyway inferior to my old E46 in-line 6. The seats were terrible, could not get comfortable. I'm not large at all, but I hung over the left side of the seat, almost like the seat was not aligned with the steering wheel. No real side bolsters for a sport sedan. I was all over the seat.
- Brought the car back and asked if they had a 5 series. Finally got into a brand new 535 with 7 miles on it. This was another dealer car. We were the first drivers. The seats were wonderful, put those seats in the 3 series and my impression would be completely different. That car hauled a$$ but at $63K was not in my price range.
- Unfortunately the F30 did not stand up well to the memories of my E46 coupe. The E46 was a car that you wore, I always felt so connected to that car. I loved driving it. The F30 didn't affect me at all. I felt like I sat on this car, I didn't feel like I wore it. Sure the engine pulled but it just didn't seem to have that same excitement of the E46. These RF were a big improvement over the E90 I test drove several years ago. The car was fairly quiet.

- Lessons Learned for those going to this event...
- Arrive early. You will not be alone in your assigned time slot. Since they won't have many cars to drive, be there first to get in a car first.
- You can just walk in off the street and still register. They had three wrist bands... one for passengers, one for pre-registered drivers, and one for walk-ons. It seemed to be first-come first-served.
- Plenty of food to eat, that was nice. As I sat there eating it reminded me of the hours I spent there waiting on my E46 in the service bay...
- Don't count on there being many cars to drive. They had a 6 series, an X3, X5, one or two competitor cars but a fairly small selection of cars overall. We were there about 1.5 hrs and only drove 2 cars.
- You have to drive a car and fill out a post drive survey to get your $1,000 cert. You don't walk away with the cert, it is either mailed to you, or sent on-line. I don't actually have it. They told me it was good until Oct. Can't recall if he meant 1 Oct or THRU Oct. I'm assuming thru Oct. For me I won't be buying the F30, just couldn't get comfortable in it. There was nothing compelling about this car when I compare it to the E46. The 5-series I would get if I was in that market.
- Got a nice tote bag (for the wife) with a travel mug.
- I don't get the feeling they were very well organized. This may have been one of the first events this crew did. They seemed to be learning along the way.
- If it weren't for the $1K certificate a regular trip to the dealer for a test drive would have been better.
- This was definitely a marketing thing but never any sales pressure which was nice.

If you are going, adjust your expectations and just have some fun.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

You should post your experience on BMW's Facebook page. Being that you were pre-registered you should not have had to wait behind someone who was not.

What year model was your E46 coupe? Did it have the sport package? Based on your comment about the lack of bolsters in the F30 I'm guessing your E46 did have the sport package. The non-sport E46 seats have no more bolstering than the non-sport F30 seats and I would say the regular F30 seats are considerably more comfortable than the regular E46 seats. You really can't compare a non-sport suspension F30 to a sport suspension equipped E46. I would suggest you not give up on the F30 based solely on this experience. You need to do some research.

Last edited by tturedraider; 05-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
You should post your experience on BMW's Facebook page. Being that you were pre-registered you should not have had to wait behind someone who was not.

What year model was your E46 coupe? Did it have the sport package? Based on your comment about the lack of bolsters in the F30 I'm guessing your E46 did have the sport package. The non-sport E46 seats have no more bolstering than the non-sport F30 seats and I would say the regular F30 seats are considerably more comfortable than the regular E46 seats. You really can't compare a non-sport suspension F30 to a sport suspension equipped E46. I would suggest you not give up on the F30 based solely on this experience. You need to do some research.
I don't know if the person ahead of me was pre-registered or not. He might have been. If I had got there 10 minutes early I would have been before him. My bad. But to have only one 3-series, their biggest seller, was poor planning I thought.

My E46 was a MY 2000 and it did not have the sport package. I passed on the sport package since I was concerned about too harsh of a ride and this was my only car, a daily driver. But the non-sport model may have had the sport seats. Can't recall. But it wasn't just the seat bottom, I just couldn't get comfortable at all. My options would have put the car around $43K, for that kind of price the seats should be better IMO. The Sport Line doesn't really appeal to me. I'm looking for a daily driver and over the years my tastes have changed. It is either a no-line or the Lux-Line for me.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 AM

Mein Auto: m3
Re: BMW Ultimate Driving Event for 2013!! $1,000 incentive. Registration link!

Nice

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 AM

Mein Auto: m3
Re: BMW Ultimate Driving Event for 2013!! $1,000 incentive. Registration link!

Hello there first time here. I have an 95 e36 m3. Want to learn more about these cars. Bimmerfest this sat for sure