Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 320i w/Sport & Light Pkgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkccom View Post
Is the $1000 incentive good for any BMW dealerships? Or only to the one where you attended for the event?
I got this disclaimer under my invite via email. It looks like you can, but better check with your dealer. I know the rebate is granted by BMW North America not the actual dealers:

You must be 21 or older to test drive certain BMW models and competitive cars.
* BMW Ultimate Driving Allowance is available on all new 2013 and 2014 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Ultimate Drive Experience event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2013 through October 31, 2013 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Offer is only valid for the recipient of this invitation. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.

Black on Black 2013 320i Sedan
+ Sport Pkg (M sport suspension, M steering wheel, 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke, Sport seats, Power-adjustable side bolsters, Increased top-speed & Anthracite headliner)
+ Lighting Pkg (Xenon Adaptive Headlights, dynamic auto-leveling, LED Corona surrounds)
+ 2 Way Power Moonroof
Old 05-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrO View Post
I got this disclaimer under my invite via email. It looks like you can, but better check with your dealer. I know the rebate is granted by BMW North America not the actual dealers:

You must be 21 or older to test drive certain BMW models and competitive cars.
* BMW Ultimate Driving Allowance is available on all new 2013 and 2014 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Ultimate Drive Experience event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2013 through October 31, 2013 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Offer is only valid for the recipient of this invitation. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.
Thanks for the info. Is this disclaimer from the event invite or the incentive? I registered but never received any confirmation for the event. Checked spam folder as well. Nothing.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Is this disclaimer from the event invite or the incentive? I registered but never received any confirmation for the event. Checked spam folder as well. Nothing.
I did not get a confirmation either, but called to their 800 a couple of days before the event and surprisingly I got an event reminder after the call where I pulled this info from.

Now I'm waiting for the actual incentive code for a week now, so I called them earlier today. They told me they were going to validate and get back to me. I recommend you to give them a call to 1-800-956-4BMW (4269). An actual person picks up no robo phone with options

+ Sport Pkg (M sport suspension, M steering wheel, 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke, Sport seats, Power-adjustable side bolsters, Increased top-speed & Anthracite headliner)
+ Lighting Pkg (Xenon Adaptive Headlights, dynamic auto-leveling, LED Corona surrounds)
+ 2 Way Power Moonroof
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_man View Post
I got my $1,000 incentive va e-mail. They give you a special code to use for purchase or lease. The offer expires 31 Oct 2013.

Good luck!
How long did it take for you to receive the $1000 cert?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I did not get a confirmation either, but called to their 800 a couple of days before the event and surprisingly I got an event reminder after the call where I pulled this info from.

Now I'm waiting for the actual incentive code for a week now, so I called them earlier today. They told me they were going to validate and get back to me. I recommend you to give them a call to 1-800-956-4BMW (4269). An actual person picks up no robo phone with options
Thanks for providing their phone number. Just called them and they do have my info.

Just wondering, how does the incentive work on a lease? Does it just get applied to the selling price? I want to know if I should expect $1000 off on the total of my 36 months lease payment.

Last edited by nlkccom; 05-31-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Thanks for providing their phone number. Just called them and they do have my info.

Just wondering, how does the incentive work on a lease? Does it just get applied to the selling price? I want to know if I should expect $1000 off on the total of my 36 months lease payment.
Usually put as a cap cost reduction.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Attended this morning and showed up 45 min early. Got to drive cars with no wait

Afterwards found my sa and said I was now ready to order my car. His answer? I'm too busy to sell you a car today!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Hrmmmm guess I might be finding a new SA!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierrob View Post
Attended this morning and showed up 45 min early. Got to drive cars with no wait

Afterwards found my sa and said I was now ready to order my car. His answer? I'm too busy to sell you a car today!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Hrmmmm guess I might be finding a new SA!
Too busy to take an order? Wow that's crazy.

If he's too busy for you before he has your money, how helpful is he going to be after the order is placed?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Yup -- I've been waiting to buy this car for the past month counting the days till the event.

Then I come in ready to put a deposit down and he is too busy.

Well Jon at Santa Barbara just earned my business I think -- I was going to buy closer to home but if that is the attitude I don't see myself getting any help after the purchase.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
That is just amazing. I guess he thought you were not serious or had another sale with a higher margin. Still a good salesman would never let business go away like that.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yup -- I've been waiting to buy this car for the past month counting the days till the event.

Then I come in ready to put a deposit down and he is too busy.

Well Jon at Santa Barbara just earned my business I think -- I was going to buy closer to home but if that is the attitude I don't see myself getting any help after the purchase.
Wait until you have the actual code to place the order.

+ 2 Way Power Moonroof
Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
BMW has a history of providing competitor cars that are equally equipped with the BMW model to which they're compared.
Then the usual FWD A4 they provide must be an exception.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Have you seen something that leads you to expect an ///M6 GC? It is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely the event you attend will have an ///M6 GC in the lineup. EXCEEDINGLY UNLIKELY.
Aren't the typical cars provided the 1, 3, and 5, and maybe their X variants?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_man View Post
- My expectation before the event was that I had a set time to drive the car for an extended period, but they gave me 15 minutes. No one came with us, but 15 minutes is really not a lot of time with the car.
I think renting the car for a day and using it on your very familiar commute is probably the best way of gauging whether the car is right for you. That is what I intend to do.

Quote:
The seats were terrible, could not get comfortable. I'm not large at all, but I hung over the left side of the seat, almost like the seat was not aligned with the steering wheel. No real side bolsters for a sport sedan. I was all over the seat.
I didn't like the regular seat at all. The Sport seat was far better. IMHO, this car is not its price without the Sport pack anyway.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Quote:

Thanks for the phone number!

I went to my drive event last Thursday (I went to my local dealer since it was closer, even though it's most likely that I will order my car through Adrian Avila).

Sign in was quick (I chose the goodie bag with the T-shirt, I wonder if I should have picked anything else). Since I was mainly interested in driving an F30 (as I still need to make a couple of decisions about the final buid), so I was told that the "event" had no F30s to drive so they assigned me to a CA to talk F30 and drive one of their cars. This process took so long, that in the end I didn't have enough time to actually drive the 640i GC they had at the even (which is probably good).

It's true that not all CAs are created equal... One thing was clear to me, I know which CA to steer away from if I ever decide to work with the local dealership! The guy was nice enough, but not very helpful. At some point he asked me if I wanted to order the car with Nappa leather or Dakota leather, when I told him that as far as I knew (unfortunately) Nappa was not an option for US bound F30, he was like: "Really, that's weird".

When I told him I wanted to see a Jet back and Saphire black to determine which one I found better, he first took of to bwmusa.com/byo to show me on the computer... I told him I had done that already and that I wanted to see the actual car. I also wanted to test drive a sports line. So he opened his excel spreadsheet with the inventory info and tried to locate the car(s). This was a painful experience to watch, I think all he knew to do in excel was to apply a filter for the model, he then scrolled with his mouse over each line to determine what he had or didn't have (I so wanted to take over his keyboard).

In the end, he couldn't find a sports line, so we took a lux line around after about 40 minutes (I must say I don't like wood in cars, but the dark anthracite on this one looked pretty good).
By the time we made it back to the dealership I said my farewell and ran as fast as I could... Maybe another CA would have made the experience more interesting?

In any case, I then realized that I never asked if I needed to check out or something to ensure I got my rebate code, so I was stressing quite a bit. I called the number you provided, and it seems they do have me on the system. They said I should get the code today or tomorrow, but to give them another call by wednesday if I still didn't have the email.

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
Thanks for the phone number!

I went to my drive event last Thursday (I went to my local dealer since it was closer, even though it's most likely that I will order my car through Adrian Avila).

Sign in was quick (I chose the goodie bag with the T-shirt, I wonder if I should have picked anything else). Since I was mainly interested in driving an F30 (as I still need to make a couple of decisions about the final buid), so I was told that the "event" had no F30s to drive so they assigned me to a CA to talk F30 and drive one of their cars. This process took so long, that in the end I didn't have enough time to actually drive the 640i GC they had at the even (which is probably good).

It's true that not all CAs are created equal... One thing was clear to me, I know which CA to steer away from if I ever decide to work with the local dealership! The guy was nice enough, but not very helpful. At some point he asked me if I wanted to order the car with Nappa leather or Dakota leather, when I told him that as far as I knew (unfortunately) Nappa was not an option for US bound F30, he was like: "Really, that's weird".

When I told him I wanted to see a Jet back and Saphire black to determine which one I found better, he first took of to bwmusa.com/byo to show me on the computer... I told him I had done that already and that I wanted to see the actual car. I also wanted to test drive a sports line. So he opened his excel spreadsheet with the inventory info and tried to locate the car(s). This was a painful experience to watch, I think all he knew to do in excel was to apply a filter for the model, he then scrolled with his mouse over each line to determine what he had or didn't have (I so wanted to take over his keyboard).

In the end, he couldn't find a sports line, so we took a lux line around after about 40 minutes (I must say I don't like wood in cars, but the dark anthracite on this one looked pretty good).
By the time we made it back to the dealership I said my farewell and ran as fast as I could... Maybe another CA would have made the experience more interesting?

In any case, I then realized that I never asked if I needed to check out or something to ensure I got my rebate code, so I was stressing quite a bit. I called the number you provided, and it seems they do have me on the system. They said I should get the code today or tomorrow, but to give them another call by wednesday if I still didn't have the email.
I was told by the rep at the event that you must fill out the survey at the end of the event in order to receive your rebate code. Hope you still get yours. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Quote:
I was told by the rep at the event that you must fill out the survey at the end of the event in order to receive your rebate code. Hope you still get yours. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
When was your event?
I did sign in at the begining on some IPADS they had. the first one asked me to confirm my name, address, how I had heard about the event, what can of car. The second one was some sort of disclaimer.

I will call back on Wednesday afternoon, if I still haven't received the code. I will post an update...

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member
Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
When was your event?
I did sign in at the begining on some IPADS they had. the first one asked me to confirm my name, address, how I had heard about the event, what can of car. The second one was some sort of disclaimer.

I will call back on Wednesday afternoon, if I still haven't received the code. I will post an update...
My event was 2 days ago (Saturday). It was a 2-step process. First I had to sign in on their iPad before I can test drive any cars, and it was pretty much what you just described. Basically confirming information you've provided when you registered.

After I was done with my test drives, I was then asked to take a survey of the event, again, on one of their iPads. This is where they asked questions about what did you think about the event, availability of the vehicles, and things like that. I was told this is the one you needed to complete in order to get the rebate code.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Well, if that is the case I guess I might not get my code after all... I'll see if there's a way to fix that over the phone... Otherwise I need to look for the next event as close to home as possible

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Well, if that is the case I guess I might not get my code after all... I'll see if there's a way to fix that over the phone... Otherwise I need to look for the next event as close to home as possible
Might want to do that just as a back up. I did the same because I never got any email confirmation from my original reservation. Eventually I got the reservation confirmation AFTER I went to the event.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
Quote:
Nah, I didn't even do the test drive if you read my earlier post. I signed in, sat around for a while, then left (without any exit survey) and still got my rebate code.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
Nah, I didn't even do the test drive if you read my earlier post. I signed in, sat around for a while, then left (without any exit survey) and still got my rebate code.
How long did it take to get the code in email? I did the event on Saturday and I've been checking my inbox like crazy since then lol!

Robert
Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
How long did it take to get the code in email? I did the event on Saturday and I've been checking my inbox like crazy since then lol!

Robert
You are not alone.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
That's good news. Then thegandalf should be ok then.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Quote:
That's good news. Then thegandalf should be ok then.
Cross my fingers.

In the mean time, let me go refresh my inbox. It's not like I haven't looked every minute for the last few hours.

Good luck to anyone else out there waiting for this email

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member