Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post
nowhere he is stating what version that is, he got 3-4 different listing with same pictures. do you have any info on that
we already contacted MTEC yesterday evening, there is no V3 for F01 Mtec angel eyes yet, as V2 just came out a few weeks ago.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
so are v3's actually brighter?
Don't know.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Lightbulb

Just to update... Waiting to get my car back which should be tomorrow (but bad weather in forecast) but more than likely, Friday is when I can take additional shots to post up guys.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
I got mine here. He's sending me V3's in a few days when he gets them. Protected by Ebay buyer guarantee. No better return policy than that, no matter what they state in the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380497404776...S:1123&vxp=mtr

another thing is that listing you are directing to says 12W but this link state 18W. Whats up with that?...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTEC-H8-18W-...42e6ad&vxp=mtr
Old 05-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post
another thing is that listing you are directing to says 12W but this link state 18W. Whats up with that?...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTEC-H8-18W-...42e6ad&vxp=mtr
No idea why. Any issues, back they go. Ebay has my back, so I'm not worried.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Pretty sure the V1 was 12W - 6W each - these had the the silver/chrome heat sink and are still for sale. The V2's are 18W - 9W each bulb. I think some of the confusion is that it appears that there have been what I am calling 2 versions of the V2, both 18W. The easiest way I can tell the difference of the 2 different V2's is by the looking at the number of screws in the top of the bulb and also how the Cree chips are wired (either down from the top or up from the base).

V2 version 1 had 2 small screws with the Cree chips coming down from this point but the V2 version 2 has only 1 screw with the Cree chip coming up from the base of the bulb. The screw or screws are seen if you are looking at the top of the bulb. If you have 2 screws with a black bulb heat sink housing you have the 1st version of the V2 if you have 1 screw with a black bulb heat sink housing you have the 2nd Version...what is likely some are calling V3.

This picture is of V2 version 2 - you don't see the screws I mentioned since you cant see the top of the bulb but this bulb would have one screw holding the top black cap on. Cree's coming up from the base.

This is the V2 version 1 - again you don't see the screws holding the black top cap on but it would have 2 small screws: you also see the difference in the Cree's coming down vs up from the base here.

Last edited by Bimmer750LI; 05-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer750LI View Post
Pretty sure the V1 was 12W - 6W each - these had the the silver/chrome heat sink and are still for sale. The V2's are 18W - 9W each bulb. I think some of the confusion is that it appears that there have been what I am calling 2 versions of the V2, both 18W. The easiest way I can tell the difference of the 2 different V2's is by the looking at the number of screws in the top of the bulb and also how the Cree chips are wired (either down from the top or up from the base).

V2 version 1 had 2 small screws with the Cree chips coming down from this point but the V2 version 2 has only 1 screw with the Cree chip coming up from the base of the bulb. The screw or screws are seen if you are looking at the top of the bulb. If you have 2 screws with a black bulb heat sink housing you have the 1st version of the V2 if you have 1 screw with a black bulb heat sink housing you have the 2nd Version...what is likely some are calling V3.

This picture is of V2 version 2 - you don't see the screws I mentioned since you cant see the top of the bulb but this bulb would have one screw holding the top black cap on. Cree's coming up from the base.

'Picture removed'

This is the V2 version 1 - again you don't see the screws holding the black top cap on but it would have 2 small screws: you also see the difference in the Cree's coming down vs up from the base here.

'Picture removed'
Your explanation makes perfect sense, after looking hard and looking at mtec website there is no V3 but possibly modified V2 as you explained.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer750LI View Post

Great post! Thanks for the comparison.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750i MSport
Got mine yesterday - Box was marked V2, but they are indeed version V3 - Based on TXSTYLE review. I emailed Steve at Mtec and he confirmed the V3. Not going to lie, but the the incandescent H8 35W 5150 PIAA that makes is brighter and the V3 LED is not as bright during the daytime. Now, with the DRL and head lamps on - the LED's do not turn yellow like the H8. This is a positive move for all and I'd be willing to bet within 12 months, we will have OEM brightness from aftermarket LED (error free). Thanks Rajeek for the PM, yes, i almost freaked out!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750i MSport
Here is Steve's response (MTECH), a reputable company and his response to my concern

"Since factory has printed the box already, they still call it version 2. However, if you compare the bulbs you received with other version 2 bulbs, you will see the chips are different, and the shape of the bulbs is also different."

You can check the following link for the picture of the Version 2 bulbs.

http://onspire.com/LED/MTEC_Angel_Ey...5_V2_mt_01.jpg

Last edited by FULL 6; 05-04-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:45 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Lightbulb

As Promised... More detailed and high-res shots in "direct sunlight" as requested!

I continue to be VERY pleased with the "overall performance" of this lighting solution. I can't call them just bulbs because it is obviously much more than that.

I understand that the majority of us want light that is visible in sunlight and in my eyesight, this is easily the most visible. In the shade it is absolutely very visible with terrific color as demonstrated once I stepped in front of the eyes.

~ Big Marcus

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-08-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Respectable light output. Thanks Tex!!

Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
As Promised... More detailed and high-res shots in "direct sunlight" as requested!

I continue to be VERY pleased with the "overall performance" of this lighting solution. I can't call them just bulbs because it is obviously much more than that.

I understand that the majority of us want light that is visible in sunlight and in my eyesight, this is easily the most visible. In the shade it is absolutely very visible with terrific color as demonstrated once I stepped in front of the eyes.

~ Big Marcus
wow, very very nice shots, i hope your very happy with the MTEC V2 angel eyes , this kit is error free for all years of F01
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Something equally important to me was/is "heat output" of the components enclosed inside the stock light housing: The LED bulbs, wiring and drivers. I had already been monitoring the wiring for signs of 'burning and overheating' or even smells of burning. As of today or 2 weeks later I am happy to report everything looks great inside and zero signs of burning or overheating! I run my DRLs everyday. I snapped the following pics moments ago of my install:

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Everything tucks inside quite nicely with room to spare!

Again, the pieces, wiring, drivers, resistors and bulb design are impressive. Nothing cheaply made or shoddy connectors.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
ugh, this thread is killing me! hhaha.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Everything tucks inside quite nicely with room to spare!

Again, the pieces, wiring, drivers, resistors and bulb design are impressive. Nothing cheaply made or shoddy connectors.

~ Big Marcus
Are yours V2 or V3?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by asci01 View Post
Are yours V2 or V3?
Not this again...

Please read through this entire thread. I have the latest design (brightness and cree diodes) to my understanding. So in other words, the 'latest & greatest'.
For clarification or specific product info, please contact: Derrick @ e92lighting.com

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Edited: Recommendation redacted 5/10/13. These give errors and are way to hot for my peace of mind. Use at your own risk.

Last edited by rajeek; 05-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Re: TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

Nice. Yeah. I like then allot. Definitely a must have to get rid of that damn yellow!

~Big Marcus
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Put these in myself today. Needed to use the resistors in my car but so far no errors with the resistors. Got errors without them. Definitely better than the Philips 5000K's I had before. Will be keeping these. I am pleased. Recommended.

Here is where I got them from which offers Ebay buyer protection, unlike other sellers here who will charge you a restocking fee if you decide to not keep them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380497404776...84.m1439.l2649
Darn, they seem to be sold out. Been trying to get a paypal invoice from e92 lighting for well over a week now with no luck. Guess I will just have to find somewhere else to get them.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apamin View Post
Darn, they seem to be sold out. Been trying to get a paypal invoice from e92 lighting for well over a week now with no luck. Guess I will just have to find somewhere else to get them.
That link for some reason clearly state 12W which is weird since V2 are 18W. that being said, i just ordered from this link...(now it shows there are 9 available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400483570477...84.m1497.l2649

Through email communication he confirmed that the actual lights are not like what shows on the pictures and they are the later revised V2 just like what is shown couple of posts up

To the best of my knowledge after talking to MTEC distributer here in California they are out of stock for next couple of weeks, he said that e92lighting is buying from him so that means that they are out as well so your best bet is the link i posted
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
has anyone confirmed if you can upgrade the angel eyes on a F02 without removing the headlights? i presume you need to remove the bumper to remove the head lights right?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Re: TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajja View Post
has anyone confirmed if you can upgrade the angel eyes on a F02 without removing the headlights? i presume you need to remove the bumper to remove the head lights right?
Negative. Not at all. The F0 is so much easier to modify.

~Big Marcus
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM

Looks like I may have spoken too soon. Getting errors now even when using resistors. Emailed seller for advice. Will advise when I get more info.

Anyone else getting errors with these V2's?