Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 PM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Looks like I may have spoken too soon. Getting errors now even when using resistors. Emailed seller for advice. Will advise when I get more info.

Anyone else getting errors with these V2's?
bummer, I almost was about to buy a set too. Let us know what you find out..
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

While the Mtec's look good, their brightness in the daylight seems like all the other LED's I have seen, which are still too weak on bright or sunny days.

Definitely beats any halogens on the color though...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Looks like I may have spoken too soon. Getting errors now even when using resistors. Emailed seller for advice. Will advise when I get more info.

Anyone else getting errors with these V2's?
Hey rajeek - I also get a fault with my V2's after my headlights come, there is no issue just with DRL's. After the headlights come on a few seconds to a minute later the right side angel eye turns off and the fault in the display appears. I've swapped the complete bulb, resistor, transformer from one side to the other and the same right side goes out again.

I purchased mine directly from MTEC so they are being shipped back for inspection.

How are yours faulting? Do they totally go out, only one goes out or just an error in display? Does it happen with just DRL's or when headlights are on? Let's see if there's any similarity in how they fault.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer750LI View Post
Hey rajeek - I also get a fault with my V2's after my headlights come, there is no issue just with DRL's. After the headlights come on a few seconds to a minute later the right side angel eye turns off and the fault in the display appears. I've swapped the complete bulb, resistor, transformer from one side to the other and the same right side goes out again.

I purchased mine directly from MTEC so they are being shipped back for inspection.

How are yours faulting? Do they totally go out, only one goes out or just an error in display? Does it happen with just DRL's or when headlights are on? Let's see if there's any similarity in how they fault.

Thanks
I know raj has an 09, what year is yours?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:

Thanks
Looks like we are having similar issues.

Sometimes mine fault right away and then the fault disappears. This morning only the driver side was on and the the passenger side went on later. Last night they faulted after driving 30min at night. Don't need this hassle. Probably will just try the Nokya's I have lying around.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 05-11-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
I know raj has an 09, what year is yours?
Yes, I have a 09 as well so likely an issue with early models.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:35 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
i am speaking with the manufacturer today regarding some points, i will update this thread shortly
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
I will chime in on this. I have occasionally (no specific times to give) experienced a error in the cluster saying "Parking Lamp Malfunction" that immediately goes away. BUT... Never has the eyes actually gone out or flickered! So I have just chalked it up to an initial systems/software compatibility issue. But the product continues to work and I use my DRLs daily. And at night with heads on, they work still.
I am only using the drivers and have not tried the resistors. But if I get an occasional warning that immediately goes away, and they continue to: Work, not overheat, and look good... I will live with it. Now that's just me.
Again, out of say 6 or 7 starts in a day, I may get the error once or twice but each time I've looked, they are both on working.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Pulled mine out today. They were to hot to touch and had to remove with a thick towel. That worries me. I thought LED's should be cool. Put in my Nokya's and probably will just stick with those now. This angel eye thing is a dead end road full of heartache. Uggggg.....

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 PM

It's a bummer no one can get the 7's figured out with these LED upgrades. You'll notice most other manufacturers won't even state their bulbs will work on F01/F02's. I wonder if Bimmertech could program the warning off altogether and if that would fix the issue or just keep the warning from displaying but the bulbs would still have issues?!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
It's a bummer no one can get the 7's figured out with these LED upgrades. You'll notice most other manufacturers won't even state their bulbs will work on F01/F02's. I wonder if Bimmertech could program the warning off altogether and if that would fix the issue or just keep the warning from displaying but the bulbs would still have issues?!
After feeling the heat these were putting out even if the warning could be disabled, I would not want them in my car.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Re: TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

Bro even a halogen will get hot as hell
As I've stated, I don't see or smell anything. Heat is to be expected.
After a couple weeks I'm satisfied. If that changed, I will definitely speak up.

~Big Marcus
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Bro even a halogen will get hot as hell
As I've stated, I don't see or smell anything. Heat is to be expected.
After a couple weeks I'm satisfied. If that changed, I will definitely speak up.

~Big Marcus
With all due respect these are promoted as error free all over the place yet we are getting errors left and right. Something is wrong no matter how you sell it. With regards to heat, I was not even anywhere near the Cree LED's when I was removing them and they were too hot to touch at the base including the drivers and resistors. I would guesstimate temps over 150 degrees easily with round light covers removed. I just wonder how hot it is getting in there with covers on during normal driving. The halogens I have had in there get nowhere near as hot. Anyhow, I'm not willing to risk it personally. Glad you are happy with yours. They do put out great light, but with significant issues.

Last edited by rajeek; 05-10-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 750i MSport

Rajeek- txstyle,

I've had mine in for a week now - I get a error code once a day- goes away in seconds, yeah they're hot, but they look great. I completely understand where you are both coming from. It's not the diode that is getting hot, it's the resistors on the base. Anyway, I'll let you all know when my msport blows up!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULL 6 View Post
Rajeek- txstyle,

I've had mine in for a week now - I get a error code once a day- goes away in seconds, yeah they're hot, but they look great. I completely understand where you are both coming from. It's not the diode that is getting hot, it's the resistors on the base. Anyway, I'll let you all know when my msport blows up!

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Lightbulb

Couple of quick shots at night I just snapped. Lights are a tad dirty but you get the idea.

LED's still going strong and look fantastic with the stock HID.

Also note the Hoen HID halogens inside of new fog lenses I recently got. They too look great.

Without heads on:

With heads on:

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
photoshop has really come a long way...
2011 BMW 750Li - Coded, Rear Entertainment, M Sport, LED Lighting, ACS Trunk & Roof Spoiler, Tint, //M Pedals, iForge 22's, Conti CS2 Tires, EBC Dimpled Rotors and Red Stuff Pads. M Sticker on Steering (lol) & a ton of paint work to accent the Alpinweiss body & Jet Black trim pieces. The Ultimate Storm Trooper Driving Machine.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajja View Post
photoshop has really come a long way...
Don't hate nephew. The only adjustments to these pics were sizing.

~Big Marcus
Old 05-15-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i

I received mine today. I used the ebay seller for $230 with free shipping. I ordered Saturday and received them today. They look great.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I received mine today. I used the ebay seller for $230 with free shipping. I ordered Saturday and received them today. They look great.

Cool. Did you take my install advice and Velcro the drivers down inside the housing?
Also.... Have I seen your car? Updated pics...

~Big Marcus
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Cool. Did you take my install advice and Velcro the drivers down inside the housing?
Also.... Have I seen your car? Updated pics...

~Big Marcus
I sure did follow your advice with the velcro. I have some pics but for some reason I keep getting errors of invalid image format when trying to attach with my iPhone. I will have to attach some on my computer. The car is clean, I just hate the style 252 wheels and need to decide on something different. I also want to ditch the runflats. Akebonos working good though!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM

Ok. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Now I can attach pics again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671700.626293.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	376709Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671716.425849.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	376710Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671734.742675.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	376711Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671757.276449.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	376712Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671808.525979.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	376713Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671846.559344.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	376714Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368671901.676185.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	376715

Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM

screw the car, lets see the sparkle mansion dollhouse!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 PM

ok ok back on topic, so everyone that has ordered these gets light failure errors? All 2009 cars?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
ok ok back on topic, so everyone that has ordered these gets light failure errors? All 2009 cars?
09 owner here and again I say to you and everyone.... I receive occassional ans random (not even everyday!) "Parking Lamp Malfunction". BUT... My AEs never go out!! They look fantastic! And just to be sure... Again I opened mya hood and visually inspected the units: Zero issues.

So they definitely retain my endorsement.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using BimmerApp mobile app