Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

Wjj... Man I hate you!!! I want my rotor hubs and calipers painted exactly like that!
Guess I will have to get my shop to do this for me.
What specific products and steps must be taken???
Looks great!
Yes, I too dont like these stock wheels at all. I dislike the running flats even more.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
ok ok back on topic, so everyone that has ordered these gets light failure errors? All 2009 cars?
Returned mine. Passenger side was flakey and daily errors.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Wjj... Man I hate you!!! I want my rotor hubs and calipers painted exactly like that!
Looks great!
Yes, I too dont like these stock wheels at all. I dislike the running flats even more.

Agreed. I would like more info on this also. My new rims will really show off the calipers and I want them to look pretty....like me.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
I saw an F10 on the fwy early this morning and direct sunlight was right on the headlights. Guess what, the angel eyes washed out and I couldn't really see them in my rearview. The headlights were on and I have seen a lot of F10 owners complain of auto headlights on when the sun is low in the sky, it's probably because the angel eyes wash out in direct sunlight.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
TXSTYLE Reviews: Mtec v2 LED Angel Eyes

Quote:
screw the car, lets see the sparkle mansion dollhouse!
Ok... I snapped a couple of pics of the "Sparkle Mansion".Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717100.833944.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	376771Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717121.950543.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	376772Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717157.017315.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	376773Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717251.517414.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	376774Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717285.033988.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	376775Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368717354.950649.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	376776

Just expanded the deck recently. I added the pool about 3 years ago. I was able to do all the work on the deck, landscaping, and electric for the pool. Everything is done now it is just pouring rain here so some of the pictures are dated a bit.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
I saw an F10 on the fwy early this morning and direct sunlight was right on the headlights. Guess what, the angel eyes washed out and I couldn't really see them in my rearview. The headlights were on and I have seen a lot of F10 owners complain of auto headlights on when the sun is low in the sky, it's probably because the angel eyes wash out in direct sunlight.
Not surprised. Sure they are brighter by design, but this whole "direct sunlight" case is not what is most important for me;
Ridding my car of that awful yellow eyes was. And I've done that.

Also... For those of you who purchased your units via eBay instead of e92Lighting, are you 100%certain the product is EXACTLY the same???
I'd like to see pics of what's inside. Because something don't seen right with those eBay ones....

~Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM
The Entertainment Guru

I need details on that brake paint and steps dammit!

~Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Looks great!

When I changed out the factory pads to Akebono pads I did the following:

1) Bought (2) cans of Dupicolor Silver Caliper Paint.

2) Cleaned everything with brake cleaner

3) removed calipers and caliper rails. I left the rotors on since they only had 16k on them.

4) Sprayed dust shield with paint.

5) Wire brushed caliper rails and scraped to remove caked on brake dust.

6) Sprayed caliper rails with paint.

7) Painted Hats by spraying paint on a piece of cardboard and then used a small artist paint brush to paint them.

8) Assembled caliper rails, pads, and calipers back on the car.

9) Painted the calipers with the artist brush just like the hats.

The paint dries really fast. Like 10 minutes. You can go over with a second coat much faster than the first. You can also touch up any areas that got dirty with the assembly. You are done! I did this on my E65 and it lasted for 4 years. They always looked brand new. The Akebono pads kept them clean too! I did this also on my sons E90 but painted the calipers BMW blue.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368720709.551337.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	376786Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368720730.984242.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	376787Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368720749.617612.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	376788

Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Nice! This is next up on my 'mod list'.

Was trying to decide which brand of paint? I'd always heard folks using: G2

But I recently heard that THE best high-temp non chipping paint is this: http://www.por15.com/High-Temperatur...ts/products/8/

http://www.por15.com/CALIPER-PAINTIN...oductinfo/CKB/

~ Big Marcus

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Not surprised. Sure they are brighter by design, but this whole "direct sunlight" case is not what is most important for me;
Ridding my car of that awful yellow eyes was. And I've done that.

Also... For those of you who purchased your units via eBay instead of e92Lighting, are you 100%certain the product is EXACTLY the same???
I'd like to see pics of what's inside. Because something don't seen right with those eBay ones....

~Big Marcus
Exact same thing. Revised V2's. Here are pics. Glad I didn't get from E92. They would have stuck me with a restocking fee for an item that clearly is not error free. Don't get swayed by all their grandiose claims of a perfect product or anyone else for that matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	led1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	376795   Click image for larger version

Name:	led2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	376796   Click image for larger version

Name:	led3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	376797  

Last edited by rajeek; 05-16-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Thanks for posting up your pics. Bro... I am not "swayed" by claims and advertisement.
I'm 42 and I am a HUGE consumer of all sorts of isht! I take time, research, review, speak to retailers and make "educated purchase decisions".

As I already said... I've have success with e92 before and so far I also enjoy this kit too. So what else can I say.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Nice! This is next up on my 'mod list'.

Was trying to decide which brand of paint? I'd always heard folks using: G2

But I recently heard that THE best high-temp non chipping paint is this: http://www.por15.com/High-Temperatur...ts/products/8/

http://www.por15.com/CALIPER-PAINTIN...oductinfo/CKB/

~ Big Marcus
I'm probably going to go with this when new rims installed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...1&s=automotive

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks for posting up your pics. Bro... I am not "swayed" by claims and advertisement.
I'm 42 and I am a HUGE consumer of all sorts of isht! I take time, research, review, speak to retailers and make "educated purchase decisions".

As I already said... I've have success with e92 before and so far I also enjoy this kit too. So what else can I say.

~ Big Marcus
No worries bro. Glad you are happy with them. These lights are gonna cause a brawl one day.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Here is a picture of the paint I used. I have used it on all my cars with zero issuesClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368724357.786780.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	376799

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
The Entertainment Guru

LOL!!! It's all good.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Not sure what happened to my photo. Lets try again.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368749143.288034.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	376870

Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 PM

I drove my car to work tonight. My Mtecs say Version 2 on the box. I have the resistors installed. I got a error saying daytime/parking light error. I turned the lights off auto mode and to manual on mode and the error went away. My driver's side angel light was out and the passenger side on. When I turned the lights on manually both sides of lights turned on. I also opened the compartment where the light is and it was so hot it burned my fingers. I am going to watch it. I like the look but don't care for the errors.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I drove my car to work tonight. My Mtecs say Version 2 on the box. I have the resistors installed. I got a error saying daytime/parking light error. I turned the lights off auto mode and to manual on mode and the error went away. My driver's side angel light was out and the passenger side on. When I turned the lights on manually both sides of lights turned on. I also opened the compartment where the light is and it was so hot it burned my fingers. I am going to watch it. I like the look but don't care for the errors.

Good luck. This is the same problem I was having but my passenger side was the one that was going out.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Question

Quote:

Why did you install resistors? Have you tried without? The 'error' did it stay on or go off?

Just comparing to what I have experienced. If and when I get the 'malfunction' it is ALWAYS when I first start the car and it goes off in seconds! But again, the Eyes themselves NEVER go out. I only use Drivers not the Resistors fyi...

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM
The Entertainment Guru

FYI... When I contacted Mtec directly just for additional clarification on install, I was told to install "drivers only" and NOT the resistors too. So that's what I did.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM

Ok I will try removing the resistors. Yep I get it at startup and then it goes away only to come on a little later. I will remove before I drive home tonight and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 PM

I removed the resistors before driving home from work tonight and didn't get any errors or half the lights going out. I didn't check the heat of the light but it appears to have helped. I will watch the next few days. Mine is a 2009 also.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
I removed the resistors before driving home from work tonight and didn't get any errors or half the lights going out. I didn't check the heat of the light but it appears to have helped. I will watch the next few days. Mine is a 2009 also.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Wilassasin

Mein Auto: 07' 750Li(sport)/C6 conv.
Hey Tx, I c that you're still at it!

09' 335i xdrive coupe(sold),
750 sport(sold)
, 2013' S550 4matic (AMG Sport Pack), C6 convertible...
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilassasin View Post
Hey Tx, I c that you're still at it!
Longtime... I see you rolling! Clllllllllllllean!

~ Big Marcus