Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-29-2013, 07:58 AM
BatteryPowered's Avatar
BatteryPowered BatteryPowered is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 369
Mein Auto: '13 135i M Sport 7DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
So far reviews of the MK7 GTI on the way to the US are glowing.
"On they way . . . " it's coming here in nearly a year.

This thread proves that everyone gets BMW for different reasons. Some like driver assistance package (really? in driver's car . . . ), some like luxury items like leather and navigation, some like sporty characteristics of car.

I can tell you one thing for sure, BASE 328i is none of those things. It has base suspension, thin steering wheel and pretty crappy seats, it does not have any decent standard luxury features (look at G37 for that) and it handles decently (if you compare it to Camry, like someone did in this thread).

If it's BMW badge that matter the most, get 320i. And think of leasing, these luxury cars go for $350+ a month with almost no money down. You don't want to keep it past warranty period, things get expensive fast.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM
LvdB's Avatar
LvdB LvdB is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Africa
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 469
Mein Auto: F30 328i Modern Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Walter View Post
...You might be able to slip into a low mileage E90 with options galore...
Depending on the OP's yearly mileages; I would consider low mileage F30 328i or new 320i; In the same price range; Both options should give opportunity for good optional extras.

Is the 320d available in the US? And how does it stack up against the 320i pricewise? The 320d may also be a good alternative if the 328i turns out not to be an option...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyal View Post
…. For me, the three top options would be

1- Driver Assistance Package

Its 900 and MUCH WORTH IT. For me, no other option offers as much bang for the buck.
The cameras in the 3 series is the best implementation I've seen. God forbid if a tyke wonders behind your car, you wouldn't be able to see him, unless you had the rear camera. The park distance control is also tremendous, because it helps you judge how far objects are behind and in front of you. Active Blind Spot Detection will probably save lots of people from accidents.

2 - Moonroof

might be hard to sell your car without a moonroof

3 - Xenon Headlights

they sure look nice and are brighter than the stock headlights
Ever since my first X3, PDC became a must have for me . I find it addictively handy. Now with the RVC I'm even more spoiled! Especially the pan-down feature to hook a trailer to the tow hitch.

Around here preference is given to vehicles (specially the likes of bimmers) with moon/sunroofs when it comes to resale.

Always wanted a bimmer with Angel Eyes and now I do. I like them just because (and I can show them off to other road users ). Xenons are a must for me too.
__________________

F30 328i Modern Line
E83 X3 2.0d

Retired: '07 X3 3.0d M-Sport - '04 X3 2.5i Sportpack - '99 328i E46 - '93 325i E36

Last edited by LvdB; 04-29-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
HokieXDriver HokieXDriver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,724
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvdB View Post
Is the 320d available in the US?
Not yet, but I think either the 320d or the 328d is coming soon.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM
floydarogers's Avatar
floydarogers floydarogers is offline
Pedant and Curmudgeon
Location: Renton, WA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,576
Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderSteer View Post
The option that will effect driving dynamics the most ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
That's like saying having 4 wheel drive doesn't make the car easier to park. ....
Absent further input from OP, we must assume he's a "normal" person. more than 90% of BMW owners don't care about "dynamics"; they just want a BMW. OP has been a member for a year, but has only one post - pretty much guarantees he's in that category. Be nice to him and suck him in; then we can move him to the 10%.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,754
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
It is not about a badge, it is also about an ownership experience and GTI is NO substitute for a 3-series, whatever the engine.

Not saying that a GTI/GLI is "unacceptable" - I would live with one.

But the discussion about everybody not getting a 320i because it does 0-60mph in "only" 7.1s is perfectly dump.
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,706
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Is sport package the same as sport line?

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
The 328 has the Sport Line, the 320 offers a Sport Package(half the price as a "line")
It should be noted that the 320i Sport package provides the sport suspension, however both the Adaptive M Suspension and the Variable Sport Steering options are not available. As such, a 320i with XDrive can never have a sport suspension. Very important for those in the northeast to understand.

The 320i with the Sport package is $36,000.

The 328i with the Sport line and DHP is $42,000.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is offline
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,999
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
1) Moon roof is nice, but I've had a moon roof in my 1996 maxima. It leaked and nobody could figure out why. I wouldn't want a moon roof on a buy
2) Leasing a car is a great option. If you are working on "your own ideas" it sounds like you are self-employed. Being self-employed + lease = great tax deductions
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM
samualcc samualcc is offline
I probably dislike you...
Location: Philadelphia PA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
1) Moon roof is nice, but I've had a moon roof in my 1996 maxima. It leaked and nobody could figure out why. I wouldn't want a moon roof on a buy
Not so much an issue today, though I would have preferring to have the moonroof personally. I never open it, and it is loud at speed while open. Only reason I have it is I needed to get the Prem package for comfort access which is a great feature.
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sport - Back in the family!
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Retired, Meh)
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Retired, great car)
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,202
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
"On they way . . . " it's coming here in nearly a year.

This thread proves that everyone gets BMW for different reasons. Some like driver assistance package (really? in driver's car . . . ), some like luxury items like leather and navigation, some like sporty characteristics of car.

I can tell you one thing for sure, BASE 328i is none of those things. It has base suspension, thin steering wheel and pretty crappy seats, it does not have any decent standard luxury features (look at G37 for that) and it handles decently (if you compare it to Camry, like someone did in this thread).

If it's BMW badge that matter the most, get 320i. And think of leasing, these luxury cars go for $350+ a month with almost no money down. You don't want to keep it past warranty period, things get expensive fast.
The no line 328 has the exact same suspension as the Luxury and Modern lines. Same switches for Eco Pro, Comfort and Sport settings for steering and throttle. I don't think the seats are any different either. In the recent loaner I had, the seats were perfectly comfortable and in my non-sport E90, the seats are excellent and very comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM
chiefneil's Avatar
chiefneil chiefneil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,047
Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
I think a stripped 328i could be quite nice. I'd get DHP with summer tires (if you live in the right climate for it) and call it a day. That would be a pretty sweet driver's car.

But personally, in the OP's situation I'd get a used E90 if I really wanted to get a BMW on a fixed/limited budget. Or a 1-series if I really wanted something new.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,202
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
It should be noted that the 320i Sport package provides the sport suspension, however both the Adaptive M Suspension and the Variable Sport Steering options are not available. As such, a 320i with XDrive can never have a sport suspension. Very important for those in the northeast to understand.

The 320i with the Sport package is $36,000.

The 328i with the Sport line and DHP is $42,000.

BJ
BJ, a 320i with sport package and no other options is $34,745.00.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is offline
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,999
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
Not so much an issue today, though I would have preferring to have the moonroof personally. I never open it, and it is loud at speed while open. Only reason I have it is I needed to get the Prem package for comfort access which is a great feature.
True story:
1) My 2006 BMW wiht moon roof open
2) Mustang Convertible with top down

Guess which was a louder experience? Yup, the BMW. Go figure.
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,706
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
BJ, a 320i with sport package and no other options is $34,745.00.
I got my numbers from BMWUSA configurator.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,202
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I got my numbers from BMWUSA configurator.

BJ
That's where I found my number as well. I bet it automatically included leather which is a $1450.00 option. It tends to assume you want that option.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM
AzWildcatG AzWildcatG is offline
Registered User
Location: Sahuarita, AZ (Tucson area)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 328i Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
I call BS on this. OP never replied to anyone and never posted again
^^^ +1 here!
__________________
'13 328i Sportline, Mineral Grey, Everest Grey leather, Xenons, moonroof, anthracite wood trim (picked up 5-21-13)
Current cars: Infiniti '05 G35 sedan Lakeshore Slate (keeping!) 300HP bad a$$ w/Tanabe exhaust/ Plenum spacer/350Z suspension (gas pig!)
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
samualcc samualcc is offline
I probably dislike you...
Location: Philadelphia PA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Troll. Stop wasting your time on this. How many more troll topics can you cram into one post?

Stripper model + weak financial situation + must have options. Yeah that won't get some strong opinions out of anyone here...

This would only be better if he asked us what our opinion was of the S4 vs the 335i, or if he should get the xenons, you know in case his finances improve.
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sport - Back in the family!
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Retired, Meh)
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Retired, great car)
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM
captainaudio's Avatar
captainaudio captainaudio is offline
Worlds Foremost Authority
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,907
Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
That's where I found my number as well. I bet it automatically included leather which is a $1450.00 option. It tends to assume you want that option.
I got $34,745 as well and it does include leather by default.

CA
__________________

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Jugghaid Jugghaid is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 2011 550i X-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
In its full $50,000 configuration, the F30 is a fantastic car. If one wants to knock it down to $40,000 one can still get a few options and BMWs excellent sport handling. Anything less and you might as well buy a Volkswagen.

BJ
I actually agree with a lot of your posts BJ, but this one I disagree with.

That Volkswagen still will not be as good of a drivers car as a base 328i. It still has a fantastic engine and a damn decent suspension (although not as good as with DHP), and it's still a very nice package. I had a loaded turbocharged Jetta (2001) that I bought from the wife many years ago and I would still take a stripper 328i over that car all day, any day.

It just depends on priorities. Some people really value the tech gadgets and toys and other prefer the drive.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugghaid View Post
I actually agree with a lot of your posts BJ, but this one I disagree with.

That Volkswagen still will not be as good of a drivers car as a base 328i. It still has a fantastic engine and a damn decent suspension (although not as good as with DHP), and it's still a very nice package. I had a loaded turbocharged Jetta (2001) that I bought from the wife many years ago and I would still take a stripper 328i over that car all day, any day.

It just depends on priorities. Some people really value the tech gadgets and toys and other prefer the drive.
Your wife's Jetta was a Mk4. We are now(in Europe at least) onto the MK7 GTI, it is worlds away. The 1.8T Jetta had a decent interior, an middling engine and floppy handling. Ever since the Mk5 GTI, it has really come along way. So let's compare the latest 3(F30) to the Mk7 before make assumptions as to prowess when we are reaching back to '01 VW offerings.

Granted, the GTI is FWD and although they are making some convincing FWD arguments, there is something in the feel that cannot be duplicated compared to a RWD car.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,706
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
That's where I found my number as well. I bet it automatically included leather which is a $1450.00 option. It tends to assume you want that option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I got $34,745 as well and it does include leather by default.

CA
Yikes. Not very smart on BMW's part, inflating quotes with features they don't prompt you to choose. That site is very weak, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugghaid View Post
I actually agree with a lot of your posts BJ, but this one I disagree with.

That Volkswagen still will not be as good of a drivers car as a base 328i. It still has a fantastic engine and a damn decent suspension (although not as good as with DHP), and it's still a very nice package. I had a loaded turbocharged Jetta (2001) that I bought from the wife many years ago and I would still take a stripper 328i over that car all day, any day.

It just depends on priorities. Some people really value the tech gadgets and toys and other prefer the drive.
Definitely understand your point of view, was just trying to make the point that if the OP didn't care for the badge that he could build himself one nice Acura or VW with a lot of features that he's going to have to live without.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Jugghaid Jugghaid is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 2011 550i X-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
Your wife's Jetta was a Mk4. We are now(in Europe at least) onto the MK7 GTI, it is worlds away. The 1.8T Jetta had a decent interior, an middling engine and floppy handling. Ever since the Mk5 GTI, it has really come along way. So let's compare the latest 3(F30) to the Mk7 before make assumptions as to prowess when we are reaching back to '01 VW offerings.

Granted, the GTI is FWD and although they are making some convincing FWD arguments, there is something in the feel that cannot be duplicated compared to a RWD car.
True, however I drove the Volkswagen CC VR6 4motion (fairly equivalent in price to a base 328i) and the driving experience was no contest. Hands down the 328i was a better drivers car IMO.

I would put the Volkswagen on par with the Benz C 300 for how fun it was to drive. Not bad, but not as good as the 3-series. Slower, less punch, worse handling, etc.

And this is coming from a guy who has a VW family. I have 4 in the garage right now.

Last edited by Jugghaid; 04-29-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
IAS IAS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 377
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 XDrive 28i
CC is a boat as compared to 328i, one can pack 3 with many option and bring to 50K price, it is still entry level car, the sports suspensions and DHP change the driving dynamics for lot of people who understand feel it, for lot of people coming from accord/camry or Lexus brand 328i is real upgrade on driving front and downgrade on interior side of it. One thing good about BMW is you can be on any side you want to car can be customized for your liking. One can choose a base model with minimum options and some like fully loaded, at the no one is wrong we all are different and like different things in our life, BMW offers great choices.
Good thread to know people point of views about same car.
__________________
2013 X3 XDrive28i Sapphire Black Premium Package, Technology Pack, CWP, SAT Radio, BMP APPS.
2013 328xi Mineral Gray, Moonroof, CWP
E90 2011
E90 2007
E46 2005
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugghaid View Post
True, however I drove the Volkswagen CC VR6 4motion (fairly equivalent in price to a base 328i) and the driving experience was no contest. Hands down the 328i was a better drivers car IMO.

I would put the Volkswagen on par with the Benz C 300 for how fun it was to drive. Not bad, but not as good as the 3-series. Slower, less punch, worse handling, etc.

And this is coming from a guy who has a VW family. I have 4 in the garage right now.
I put 55k miles on a CC which was modded with Eibachs, 19" wheels w/summer rubber, APR stage 2 and a 6spd manual. It was 400lbs lighter than the VR6 4 motion and with more torque. It's still not a GTI and it's still 2 generations down from the MK7.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Red Lined Red Lined is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 164
Mein Auto: 528, CTS
OP, I doubt you are reading comments any longer, but if it were me I'd wait until I had more cash or credit. You may want to look into leasing, as it seems like your cash is limited now but may expand in the future.

Do not get a baseline F30, the car seriously looks like **** without a package on it. Even worse with standard paint. Plus 80% of the 3 series out on the roads these days are baseline 3ers driven by middle aged women. You don't want to be in that crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Jugghaid Jugghaid is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 2011 550i X-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
I put 55k miles on a CC which was modded with Eibachs, 19" wheels w/summer rubber, APR stage 2 and a 6spd manual. It was 400lbs lighter than the VR6 4 motion and with more torque. It's still not a GTI and it's still 2 generations down from the MK7.
How is the handling on the new GTI? Because the 0-60 times are about a full second behind the 328i? Is it a beast on the skidpad?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms