Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 AM

Mein Auto: Z4
Not so many Z4 in SoCal, not event at the dealership

I rarely see any Z4 on the streets in SoCal, even went to two dealership neither had any new Z4 on the lot
Not sure what the reason is, but sales girl said it's because most people who can afford BMW have families and do not drive two seater's.

I made a custom build for a 35i which comes out to be $62500, what is a good negotiating point? 50k too low?
Couldn't find a Mineral Metallic White car. How does it compare to a White Alpine? More sporty vs luxury between the two color?

Last edited by CrazyTn; 05-01-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Z4 35i Rider

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35i
BMW is have a CPO sale now offering great finacing at .09% and seems to be some a good selectrion of nice, low mileage ZED's on the BMW web site- CPO search list. Also search autotrader. I found 62 cars within 500 miles of my Mass address last night.
2009 BMW Z4 35i/Space Gray Metallic/7 Speed DCT/Premium,Cold Weather & Premium Sound Packages/Nav/Comfort Access/Ash Grain Interior & Dash Kit/AntiTheft/SportWheel/PDC/WindDeflector/Black Kansas Leather/Smoked Reflectors, Side Markers & 3rd Brake Light/Ferrari Red Brake Calipers/Clear Front Mask/Gloss Black Grill Inserts/6000K LED Lighting/De-Badged/Aluminum Pedal Set/Real Carbon Fiber BMW Door Sills/CF Wrapped Engine Compartment Roundels,F Lower Grills & Center Wheel Caps.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Blue Z4 Lover

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
BMW is have a CPO sale now offering great finacing at .09% and seems to be some a good selection of nice, low mileage ZED's on the BMW web site- CPO search list. Also search autotrader. I found 62 cars within 500 miles of my Mass address last night.
If you are looking for a great deal, a CPO Z4 is the way to go. There are many low mileage cars available because they often are garage queens that aren't driven every day. I bought my CPO 2009 Z4 35 from a dealer in Florida last year. It was loaded and only had 9300 miles on it. Still a lot of original warranty left plus the CPO warranty. As stated above, use the model search function on bmw.com.

Buying new is harder because dealers rarely have much new Z4 inventory. Ordering custom isn't going to net a huge discount unless you do Euro delivery. Check out the stickied posts where dealer cost for the various models resides. Negotiate up from cost, not down from MSRP. Read the "ask a dealer" section too.

Good luck.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Lexi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Buying new is harder because dealers rarely have much new Z4 inventory. Ordering custom isn't going to net a huge discount unless you do Euro delivery.
"Harder" to buy new? In what sense?

What is a reasonable (if not a "huge") discount on a non-Euro delivery custom order? What about USA Performance Center delivery? Wouldn't that open up all national dealers to compete for best price? Since it would only involve paper shuffling, dealers should be able to go low, low, low - no?

Last edited by williakz; 05-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
I am actually doing the Euro Delivery, thought i edited my original post.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 PM

Crazy, looks like nobody is directly addressing your questions. Sorry for the hijacks.

You should post in the Euro Delivery forum here. Most threads are about travel arrangements, but all of them have experience buying for Euro delivery and should be able to guide you on best dealerships/CAs for your purchase.
On Mineral White Metallic, it is a fairly standard pearlescent white like you see all over the place. The Alpine White is, of course, both flat and brilliant at the same time. The ladies tend to like the pearl, guys the flat. Different strokes.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTn View Post
I rarely see any Z4 on the streets in SoCal, even went to two dealership neither had any new Z4 on the lot
Not sure what the reason is, but sales girl said it's because most people who can afford BMW have families and do not drive two seater's.

I made a custom build for a 35i which comes out to be $62500, what is a good negotiating point? 50k too low?
Couldn't find a Mineral Metallic White car. How does it compare to a White Alpine? More sporty vs luxury between the two color?
In general the ED price is around 12-13% off the US MSRP. You are hallucinating at 50K. 55K maybe. You can price it for ED using the noted 2014 pricing post (top post). It has all the ED prices across the model line and option/packages coutesy of Jon Schafer.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
MJK Z435IS

Mein Auto: 2011 Porsche 911-GTS
Same issue here in SFlorida, I had to order one. Sure can find a lot of 3series. Unless you have kids,how many times do you need a back seat?? I ordered Mineral white,Black top,Coral red ext. Mineral white is more elegant than the alpine white. Plus it is metallic and it will sparkle in the sun.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK Z435IS View Post
...here in SFlorida...Mineral white is more elegant than the alpine white. Plus it is metallic and it will sparkle in the sun.
Elegance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. On "sparkle" in Miami, so why is the most popular color in your neck of the woods for high-end cars pure, deep, wet BLACK?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM
MJK Z435IS

Who says it is, Alabama?? I ordered a Black top. 50/50 split. (Most popular color in the US) No particular order- Silver/Black/White/Red..... that wasn't the op's ? anyway Alabama.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:13 PM

You're a smart guy. Order a convertible with a black top and call it a 50/50 black car. Yup...
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM
MJK Z435IS

Your an Idiot!! Alabama. Bottom half White / Top half Black (Wasn't being exact) What are you a Geometry Professor? That's the problem with these forums their is always a guy that does exactly what you Do.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM

The operative word is CONVERTIBLE! If you have questions as to how a convertible vehicle operates, I can direct you to various YouTube videos that show it in action. To make a long story short, the (black) TOP on a (white) CONVERTIBLE vehicle tends to disappear when the vehicle is driven in good weather (say in south Florida). This would result in a black/white ratio significantly different than the 50/50 one you put forward. If you require additional instruction in ratio construction, I'll reluctantly provide it, but I feel it is only fair to ask "Just how needy are you?"