Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-15-2013, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Siri Eyes Free in early 2014 X3

Does anyone know whether those of us who already took delivery of our 2014 X3s will be able to update the iDrive system (which I understand to be version 4.2) to be able to use Siri Eyes Free...and if so, when? I get it that we won't get the new announced touchpad, but I would think a software update would at least allow the other announced updates like Siri Eyes Free.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 06-15-2013, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
what new announced touchpad? I didn't think that would show up until the 2015 model year.

Last edited by Stitches; 06-15-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Regarding the touchpad, here's the piece about it from the press release:http://www.bmwusanews.com/newsreleas...?&id=1713&mid=

"The BMW navigation system for most 2014 models will include a new iDrive controller with Touchpad. The touchpad is integrated into the top of the controller and does not require a separate location. Phone numbers, contact names and address can be written out directly on the touchpad. The user can seamlessly switch between the touchpad and the controller while information is being entered. The touchpad can also be used to zoom in and out on the int

Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM

...and maybe the reference to "most 2014" models is meant to mean the X3s will not be getting the touchpad yet.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Since the controller will fit the hole in the console, i wonder if the new controller is plug and play, the old one was plug and play into my 2008 which only came with one button instead of being surrounded by buttons, but worked find (although it doesn't fit int the hole and you had to modify or replace trim).
Old 06-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
I sent an email to both BMW and to my dealer, but didn't get a single peep in response. This usually means that we are ahead of the general masses within the BMW organization when it comes to new stuff, so I'm just sitting back and waiting until more info comes out.

That said, it probably isn't too much of a stretch to make the following assumptions: the '14 X3's were loaded up with better brains from the factory, therefore one can logically assume that it would just take an update to get all of the new goodies that they talked about. Secondarily, as rob mentioned the controller is just a snap-in device and about everything in our vehicles talk on a bus, so it would also be reasonable to guess that once we get our software update, we just need to buy an updated i-drive controller and snap it in to get the touchpad.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Fingers crossed. That would be SO awesome!