Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e92-n54
my pre lci IS with pics

Now that it's warmed up here in the Midwest I finally got a chance to get a few pics taken from one of my friend who has a digital SLR camera. I am a non dyi guy and got most of the stuff done by dealer or Indy shop. I have spent about $29k (price of car + all mods as shown partsnlabor). I am not spending any more on mods like suspension/procede/cobb/jb4 etc. Like most of us here on the forums I eventually hope to get the venerable e92 M3 so just saving towards that goal. For daily driving stock power is providing decent soul satisfaction. e92/n54's started selling in Aug 2006 as 2007 models and my car is one of the first few e92/n54's to roll of the assembly line. Made in July 2006. Low miles bought last year(30k miles- thank you previous owner for all the TLC). When I was test driving various year e92/n54's 2007 thru 2010 for some odd reason the 2007 stock models felt like they had ppk1. (more mojo than newer models. Don't know why.) If there would have been a pre lci IS it would look something like my car !
Mods include
PE with black powder coated 3.5" Dimisa tips (worth it for the spit and burble crackling sound alone. Drone free and sublime, Like it better than the stock IS exhaust)
VHT matte black high temp paint on calipers
VHT high temp silver on the usual rust spots on hub after sanding away the rust.
bms cdv (fixes the kludgy 1-2 shift)
bms drop in filter (diy'd)
18" 313 wheels (on sale at tischer for $350 each). Decided no spacers after researching on these forums.
Michelin PSS go flat tires (full size old front stock wheel in trunk as spare and tied down with hooks in the trunk)
zhp weighted knob (only knob - stock boot)
matte black wrapped kidney grill ring only (slats as is)
matte black wrapped tear drop mirror cups
m pedals ($35 on ebay )
blend mounted beltronics gx65 radar (hardwired)
30% tint on windows
Lightly tinted tail lites and side markers. (dont know % of tint)

Last 2 mods pending
matte black shadowline
bms clutch stop (got part. Plan to diy)

Thanks to all forum members here and on e90post for all the valuable info and posts on various topics.Have a good summer.

Mystical poplar grey. Never will i wrap this beautiful trim in cheap CF

Dont toss your old tips. Think green. Little masking tape/cardboard and you have two pen holders for home and office

Ads by Google
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
manual gearbox car

you're so lucky
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Looks great. I love those wheels. The black window trim should bring the whole look together.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 05-02-2013, 12:07 AM

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
Nice car! As well as the BMS clutch stop, I would recommend the BMS CDV valve.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof