Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe
HPFP in Canada???

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a 09-10 335i under the condition the the HPFP issues are actually covered. Proving that the hpfp issues in Canada are covered seems to be a lot more complicated in the USA.

One member was told by BMW that the extended warranty info would be sent to him time and time again, until the HPFP failed when they told him that they have never heard of an extended warranty for the HPFP. Another member however kindly provided him with the information BMW neglected too so that he would be able to get the HPFP replaced.

Here is a link to the document stating the HPFP's extended warranty in case anybody else needs it: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...1&d=1367681258

When I phone into my local retailers with a VIN, certain times they will say that the hpfp is covered for 10 years 200,000 km (however depending on on which HPFP codes pop up they may not cover it), whereas other times they will state that there is no such information. When I called BMW Canada with the same VIN I was told that no such extended warranty exists.

As of this point I'm quite fearful of BMW's customer service based off of the reviews I've heard, but I love their product enough that I would be willing to buy a 335i under the condition that the HPFP issues are 100% covered. Does anyone know how I could effectively buy a 335i and ensure that I would be covered under the extended warranty?

Thanks guys

Ps since first posting this I had another BMW representative inform me that this issue is covered for the vin i gave in Canada for 10 years 200,000km

Last edited by tim330i; 05-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
give the N55 models a chance, instead of the N54 models
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe
I appreciate the advice, but I like the fact that the N54 has better mod potential. As far as I'm aware the occurrence of HPFP issues in the 09-10 N54's seem fairly comparable to the N55 models, though I haven't looked as much into the other issues.

I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will be purchasing a 335i or 135i and be dealing with the issues regardless, but I still have some concerns.

I read this on another site and it got me worried as I thought you could use a JB4 without risk assuming you remove it before bringing it to the dealer:

"Taken from a BMW dealership employee...

I just had a conversation with the BMW Field Engineer assigned to my dealership regarding 335s. It's been known for a long time that when a technician connects diagnostic equipment to a vehicle, a report is generated that contains the 'vehicle order' and each night all of the day's reports are transmitted to BMW. The vehicle order is contains all of the information about vehicle control units including their hardware version and all of the binary coding for them.
BMW has developed a tool that compares the vehicle order of each 335 to the known vehicle order at time of manufacture. Any deviations in the binary coding of the DME automatically alert engineers that the code requires further inspection. If the code related to boost has been altered to create a high-boost scenario, the engine warranty is immediately terminated.
To date, they have terminated 54 warranties."

Does anyone know more about this?