Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
Talking Just got remote coded!

Finally, after about 2 years of trying to get my car coded (seriously, you can go back and check my forum posts), I found Okee from Tripl3_O Coding and he remote coded my car tonight! If you are looking to have your car coded, this is the guy to have do it, hands down, no questions asked. If you are at all skeptical about sending someone money over the internet, downloading a bunch of large files, giving them access to your computer remotely, and then messing with your car's setting, forget about all of it and just get in touch with him - you'll be glad you did.

Okee is extremely professional and seriously has this remote coding down to an art. He'll send you the files he needs on your computer to do the coding, ship you a cable (much cheaper than you could get on your own, and will work with your car), and then remotely log in to your computer and start coding. He'll go through all the available options and explain what they do as he codes the vehicle.

I got the following options on my X5:
-Rolling Up The Windows With The Key or comfort access
-Folding The Mirrors With The Key or comfort access
-Disabling The Window Safety (Windows Keep Going Up When You Open The Door)
-Start Car Without Foot On Brake
-DVD In Motion
-Brake Force Display (Rear Fogs Illuminate With Brake Lights)
-Digital Speedometer In The Cluster
-Disable Speed Overestimation (True Vehicle Speed Is Shown)
-Disable Legal Disclaimers
-Double Hazard Flashing/Eurohazards
-Eject Keyfob From Socket When Car Is Turned Off
-Unlock Doors When Car Is Shut Off
-Disable Seat Belt Chimes
-Disable Door In Ignition Chime
-Disable Angel Eye Dimming When Headlights Are Turned On
-Run Fog Lights And High Beams Simultaneously
-Close Hatch With KeyFob or button in console
-Enable M-mode HUD
-Windshield wipers finish cycle when car is turned off

He's apparently done this remote coding over 100 times and after dealing with him, there's not a doubt in my mind that he has. If you live in the right areas (north east region, it seems), he also does it in person.

If you're hesitant, feel free to message me about it, or you can check out his facebook page where lots of other people have left reviews.

Email - codemycar@gmail.com

Last edited by slevit1; 05-03-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Thanks for the post! I'll be meeting with Okee in person today to have him code our X5's.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Remote coding? whats that
i live in cali
he can do it remotely?
yeah!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Anyone in los angeles or OC willing to code an X5
Cheers Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Im guessing all you do for remote coding is

a) Get two laptops and the obd wire needed to access the firmware on the various modules. Both laptops need a stable internet connection.
b) Run some sort of remote desktop software aka logmein or teamviewer.
c) the person with the car, hooks up his or her laptop w/ stable connection to the car, initiate the wifi connection and starts the client side of the R. Desk software
d) The admin, aka the one whose gonna code, turns on his or her computer, with wifi with the R desk software and controls the car-owners computer and pretty much codes the car as if the coder was physically there.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM

Remote coding is pretty much exactly as described as above, and he can code your car from anywhere in the world! Even if you have someone else local, I would just get Okee to do it. I can guarantee that Okee knows exactly what he's doing, is extremely efficient, and isn't going to mess things up. He also ships you the cable, so you don't have to worry about that. FYI: he uses Team Viewer.

Another good reason to use Okee is that if there are any issues, he can easily fix it again without having to drive to meet up again. He'll also re-code the car if it ever gets reset, or change options later, for no additional fee. Seriously, can't say enough good things about what he's doing and there's no reason for anyone to have a BMW that's not coded!

Last edited by slevit1; 05-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
Yea, this is great but, man, this is not that hard to do and no need to send any money to anybody, except buying good cable...

I have all the latest stuff for E70 coding with instruction how to do that... And this is free, I don't charge for giving it (I don't know if anybody do that actually?) to anybody, you just need to download files and set all up, it's pretty easy.

BMWCCA Member # 447308
Old 05-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetaldj View Post
Yea, this is great but, man, this is not that hard to do and no need to send any money to anybody, except buying good cable...

I have all the latest stuff for E70 coding with instruction how to do that... And this is free, I don't charge for giving it (I don't know if anybody do that actually?) to anybody, you just need to download files and set all up, it's pretty easy.
That's all well and good, if you want to take the time to figure out how to do it. But, here are all the reasons that I decided not to do it myself.

1. The cable is not cheap, and many of the ones you find don't work with newer cars. If you don't care to keep the cable, he doesn't charge you for it and if you do want to keep it, it's cheaper than you could get it yourself. I've seen cables that cost almost what he charges for the whole thing.

2. I have a mac, and the coding software runs on PC. So, you'd need to set up a virtual machine and have a copy of windows to make it work. This is all expensive to do legally, and a pain in the rear to do illegally. If you have a mac, Okee takes care of everything, including the VM software and disk image he uses.

3. Even after watching him do it, I wouldn't want to do it myself. Nothing about it is self-explanatory and the coding is in German! I know there are lists out there on what codes do what, but you'd have to find the list for your car (he can code any model BMW or Mini) and be sure that it's actually up to date. Back when I was looking to code myself, the stuff I found didn't have anywhere near the amount of stuff that he coded. And, reading through the forums, it seems like most people who do their own coding don't code half the stuff he did. If you screw up, you could probably mess up your car pretty good. Also, lets not forget that many BMW owners don't even know how to properly use a mouse!

Bottom line is that while it's possible to do yourself and the information is out there for free, it's not incredibly easy to do (if you have a mac, it's even more difficult), and I just didn't want to screw around with it. If you can afford the vehicle and the cable to do it yourself, you can easily afford to have him do it. It's your choice if you'd rather spend the time and effort to figure it out on your own, or have someone who's coded literally hundreds of cars do it for you and be guaranteed to do it right.

It's also cheaper to change your own oil, but I don't plan to do that either when my maintenance plan runs out.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35D
I can vouch for Triple_0. Thee are lots of advanced things that you can do with an ICOM (the same tool BMW uses), that you cannot do with a DCAN cable. As much as I tell people to do their own basic coding, if you need FSC codes installed, or other advanced stuff, better let someone do it for you

| ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZSP | ZTP | 322 | 2VA | 456 | 4AD | 4UB | 610 | 655 | 6FF | 6FL | Combox + CIC + LCI Headlight/Tailight retro |
Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevit1 View Post
Finally, after about 2 years of trying to get my car coded (seriously, you can go back and check my forum posts), I found Okee from Tripl3_O Coding and he remote coded my car tonight! If you are looking to have your car coded, this is the guy to have do it, hands down, no questions asked. If you are at all skeptical about sending someone money over the internet, downloading a bunch of large files, giving them access to your computer remotely, and then messing with your car's setting, forget about all of it and just get in touch with him - you'll be glad you did.

Okee is extremely professional and seriously has this remote coding down to an art.

That sounds great man, hope you are enjoying it.
Im gonna get my vehicle coded, I have a 2012 X5 50. Since you have your vehicle coded now, can you answer some questions for me? What year and model is your X?
Can you explain this?? Brake Force Display, Rear Fogs Illuminate with Brake Lights? What rear fogs are you referring to? And most importantly the M-Hud. I heard the M-hud is not straight forward like just enabling a parameter and it wont match the true rpms of the vehicle. Is this true? Is yours working correctly?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
if you need FSC codes installed, or other advanced stuff, better let someone do it for you
Hey Blue, What advanced stuff are you talking about? Can you give some examples?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Another happy Tripl3_O Coding customer! Okee was extremely knowledgeable, very professional and super nice! He coded all in all 15 different features, took about 20 minutes per vehicle. Thanks Okee!

Last edited by finnbmw; 05-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
So how much did he charge ?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
He was very reasonable
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
That sounds great man, hope you are enjoying it.
Im gonna get my vehicle coded, I have a 2012 X5 50. Since you have your vehicle coded now, can you answer some questions for me? What year and model is your X?
Can you explain this?? Brake Force Display, Rear Fogs Illuminate with Brake Lights? What rear fogs are you referring to? And most importantly the M-Hud. I heard the M-hud is not straight forward like just enabling a parameter and it wont match the true rpms of the vehicle. Is this true? Is yours working correctly?

Thanks
I've got a 2012 X5 35i.

Brake Force Display is just that the rear fog lights illuminate now, along with the regular brake lights (not sure why it's called brake force display). On the back of the car, there are 4 red lights - the two brake lights on the outside and the two rear fog lights closer in. These two fog lights don't typically light up (similar to the two front inside headlights, which also don't do anything), but this option causes them to come on with the brake lights. It just makes the brake lights brighter.

Enabling the M-HUD is very straight forward. Once it's coded, you just access it as an option on the iDrive settings. I don't know how it is or isn't calibrated, but I can tell you that it matches the analog RPM gauge. I've decided to keep it off though, because it disables navigation and driver information on the HUD - you just wind up with the speed and graphic RPM gauge. It looks neat, but not very useful, and less useful since no one else sees it anyway.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
As mentioned above, he's very reasonable, especially considering the fact that he'll make adjustments and restore settings as needed even after the initial coding. Contact him for actual pricing though.

Finnbmw - glad you had a good experience as well. I would have liked to have met him in person...maybe one day when I make it back to the East coast.

Last edited by slevit1; 05-04-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5
I met Okee (pronounced "Okay") when he coded my spanking new X5 - had less than 300 miles on the odometer. I lucked out and caught him while he was in the Boston area. Just the nicest guy. Competent and honest. Absolutely recommend him - he's one of the good guys.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0si
I set up my computer for coding last weekend. All I have to do is buy a cable.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
The weird thing is that nobody made a good step by step for coding our cars

Weird especially we all code the same 10 stupid items

What is BMW waiting to offer us to edit these options from the CIC menu !!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 x6 50i
Quote:
-Enable M-mode HUD
What is this? Is this possible in my 13 X6? Any comparison pics?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto: 11 X5 35D, 03 530i Sport
[QUOTE=philooo;7563637]The weird thing is that nobody made a good step by step for coding our cars

Weird especially we all code the same 10 stupid items

I totally agree. The info is out there, but I find it very confusing.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5
Quote:
Brake Force Display is just that the rear fog lights illuminate now, along with the regular brake lights (not sure why it's called brake force display). On the back of the car, there are 4 red lights - the two brake lights on the outside and the two rear fog lights closer in. These two fog lights don't typically light up (similar to the two front inside headlights, which also don't do anything), but this option causes them to come on with the brake lights. It just makes the brake lights brighter.
It is called brake force display because if you hit the brakes with regular force, only two of the lights will come on. If you smash it hard, all 4 will come on.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
Hey Blue, What advanced stuff are you talking about? Can you give some examples?
BMW Live and Internet on your CIC through tethering for example, if you have a combox. If you didn't order 6NR (bmw apps), you need to install an FSC enabling code, or if you didn't order satellite radio and need the FSC code to enable it in your CIC.

| ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZSP | ZTP | 322 | 2VA | 456 | 4AD | 4UB | 610 | 655 | 6FF | 6FL | Combox + CIC + LCI Headlight/Tailight retro |
Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
BMW Live and Internet on your CIC through tethering for example, if you have a combox. If you didn't order 6NR (bmw apps), you need to install an FSC enabling code, or if you didn't order satellite radio and need the FSC code to enable it in your CIC.
Wow.... Your right, that is advanced cause I don't even understand what the heck your talking about. I don't know what a combox is. I didn't order bmw apps. I don't know what an FSC enabling code is. I do have satellite radio. I don't want to sound dumb but..... is the CIC the navigation unit? Right now im not willing to learn about all this. Im going to contact triple to get my vehicle coded.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetaldj View Post

Are you able to send me the E70 coding instructions and how-to information?