Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Mein Auto: E90-318
Insert FSC by ESYS encountered a problem!

i bought a APP FSC (9C)
i inserted the FSC before
but the CIC flashed by BMW(with 49.2)
(i dont know why the 9C be canceled)
i want to insert again, but failed
show this error:

--> StoreFSC
<-- Error: SWT diagnosis for ECU "[BaseVariant=HU_CIC, DiagAddress=63]" failed! [C057]
FSC not OK: INVALID_FSC_CREATION_DATE [1180] - VEHICLE_ERROR
anyone know how to fix it?
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaabbbyyy View Post
i bought a APP FSC (9C)
i inserted the FSC before
but the CIC flashed by BMW(with 49.2)
(i dont know why the 9C be canceled)
i want to insert again, but failed
show this error:

--> StoreFSC
<-- Error: SWT diagnosis for ECU "[BaseVariant=HU_CIC, DiagAddress=63]" failed! [C057]
FSC not OK: INVALID_FSC_CREATION_DATE [1180] - VEHICLE_ERROR
anyone know how to fix it?
Are you saying that you already had a 9C FSC Code Imported and Activated in your car, and that when the dealer programmed your car with ISTA/P 2.49.2, it cancelled the 9C FSC Code?

If so, was the modified VO with 6NR written to the car prior to dealer programming, or was factory VO in car? If 6NR was not written to the car, then dealer programming will cancel the FSC Code.

As to how to fix a Canceled FSC Code, I do not know. I do know that the FSC Code being Imported and Activated must be newer that the one it is overriding, and from the error code you are getting, it looks like the date is the issue.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Are you saying that you already had a 9C FSC Code Imported and Activated in your car, and that when the dealer programmed your car with ISTA/P 2.49.2, it cancelled the 9C FSC Code?

If so, was the modified VO with 6NR written to the car prior to dealer programming, or was factory VO in car? If 6NR was not written to the car, then dealer programming will cancel the FSC Code.

As to how to fix a Canceled FSC Code, I do not know. I do know that the FSC Code being Imported and Activated must be newer that the one it is overriding, and from the error code you are getting, it looks like the date is the issue.
thanks shawn!
i will add 6nr to FA,then let dealer progamme again!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
thanks shawn!
i will add 6nr to FA,then let dealer progamme again!
Ok, but I do not know if this will be enough now to recover the "Cancelled" FSC Code. From what I understand, there is some special repair process, but I do not know the details.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
I've been told by a professional retrofitter that FSC codes that are generated from 06/2012 and later can't be imported as single FSC, not even with FSTool.
you must have all FSC that are stored in the cic, and then import them together with the new one.
There is a way to decode new FSC, so that it can be imported as single FSC, but I don't know the procedure.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl-heinz View Post
I've been told by a professional retrofitter that FSC codes that are generated from 06/2012 and later can't be imported as single FSC, not even with FSTool.
you must have all FSC that are stored in the cic, and then import them together with the new one.
There is a way to decode new FSC, so that it can be imported as single FSC, but I don't know the procedure.
Really?

Because I have Imported and Activated several 6F Sat Radio FSC Codes with E-Sys in the last couple months, and I had no trouble at all. The only Decoding needed was Base 64 Decoding, but that has always been the case with FSTool, and now the same with E-Sys.

And what about the FSC Codes in Kafas, NiVi, and DME ECU's? Do you need to import those at the same time? I don't even think it is possible to Import and Activate more than one FSC Code into a single ECU at the same time, let alone into multiple ECU's at the same time. You can only specify one ECU Address, Base Variant, App ID, and Upgrade Index with each Import, hence only one FSC Code at a time.

I really do not think what he has said is true at all.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 05-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 AM

Yes, that's what he told me.
The cic in my car has the 17,19,1B and 28 FSC from factory, and I wondered why it was not possible to import and activate the 9C with FSTool2.
He decoded the 9c FSC for me and then imported and activated with FSTool2.
Maybe it's also a reason that my car is from 2009?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's what he told me.
The cic in my car has the 17,19,1B and 28 FSC from factory, and I wondered why it was not possible to import and activate the 9C with FSTool2.
He decoded the 9c FSC for me and then imported and activated with FSTool2.
Maybe it's also a reason that my car is from 2009?
I am lost. You say you wondered why it was not possible to import and activate your 9C FSC Code with FSTool, yet he did it for you.

And since he was able to import and activate your 9C FSC Code with FSTool, doesn't that counter his claim that an individual FSC Code can no longer be Imported and Activated?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:51 AM

Here is the story:
I flashed all ecus in my car with ista/p 2.48.3.
After flashing connected drive went away from cic, so I bought the 9C FSC for my car from officially Dealer.
Then tried to import the 9C with ista/p, but without success.
Then spoke to this proffessional retrofitter, and he told me that importing FSC that are newer than 06/2012 won't work with ista/p
unless I have the other FSC that are stored in cic and they must be also generated with a date newer than 06/2012.
He said the FSC I got from Dealer could not be imported with FSTool.
The only way to import the new 9C FSC is to decode it first and then import with FSTool, and that's what he did.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Here is the story:
After flashing connected drive went away from cic, so I bought the 9C FSC for my car from officially Dealer.
Then spoke to this proffessional retrofitter, and he told me that importing FSC that are newer than 06/2012 won't work with ista/p
unless I have the other FSC that are stored in cic and they must be also generated with a date newer than 06/2012.
The only way to import the new 9C FSC is to decode it first and then import with FSTool, and that's what he did.
i think he want to tell you have to decode FSC first before import with FSCTOOL
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 AM

Yes, maybe he meant this. I will ask him the next time I see him.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Here is the story:
Quote:
i think he want to tell you have to decode FSC first before import with FSCTOOL
I have no idea what he is referring to.

It has always been, as I wrote above, that using FSTool or E-Sys for FSC Code Importing and Activation, the FSC Code .FSC file used has to be Base 64 Decoded.

ISTA/P on the otherhand does not use the .FSC File, rather it uses the FSC Code .XML file, and as such does not need to be Base 64 Decoded.

What is puzzling here is the notion that ISTA/P somehow can't Import and Activate FSC Codes produced after June 2012. I know this not to be the case, so I am not sure what was meant by this.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 PM

maybe the date of FSC only affects the import with ista/p? E-Sys and FSTool seem to have no problem with it.
If someone can try this the next time importing a FSC to car with ista/p we will know if it's true or not.
When I connect ista/p, it shows now that 9C is activated, but then creates a measure plan that wants to deactivate 9C, so I had to abort the session.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2146.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	375175
Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
maybe the date of FSC only affects the import with ista/p? E-Sys and FSTool seem to have no problem with it.
If someone can try this the next time importing a FSC to car with ista/p we will know if it's true or not.
When I connect ista/p, it shows now that 9C is activated, but then creates a measure plan that wants to deactivate 9C, so I had to abort the session.
Attachment 375175
I know dealers are using ISTA/P every day to Import and Activate FSC Codes, that is why the whole date thing is confusing.

Is 6NR in the VO written in car? If not, that is why ISTA/P Measures Plan wants to cancel the 9C FSC ccode.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:46 PM

Yes, but dealer has connection to asap, so maybe he downloads the other required FSC from web?
Yes, 6NR is written to VO
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	375176
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, but dealer has connection to asap, so maybe he downloads the other required FSC from web?
Yes, 6NR is written to VO
Attachment 375176
What car is this, chassis and model year?

What is the production date in the VO?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 AM

E92 335i 0311, you can see it in the uploaded pic of post #13

Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
E92 335i 0311, you can see it in the uploaded pic of post #13

Sorry, I missed that. Well, I am at a loss here. I figured 6NR or 6NF or the Production Date was the issue, but you have it all that right.

The last time my car was dealer programmed, ISTA/P cancelled my 6NR FSC Code. In my case, I had modified my VO with 6NR and 6NF and 0311, Imported and Activated the FSC Code, and VO coded Combox and Head Unit; however, I never wrote the VO to the car. My assumption was that ISTA/P pulled VO from car, did not find 6NR settings, and thus cancelled the FSC Code.

After looking at yours now, with everything set right, I am not so sure that writing my VO to the car would have made any difference. It seems though that others with ConnectedDrive Retrofits from Bimmer-Tech and Bimmer Retrofit do not have their's cancelled though, but I don't understand why that is.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Yes, curious why ista/p would like to cancel the 9C on our cars!?
For me I will leave cic as it is and do my updates with winkfp and coding with ncs.
Also ista/d is accepting my configuration, as it don't shows errors or incompatibillities.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i xdrive
Quote:
Sorry, I missed that. Well, I am at a loss here. I figured 6NR or 6NF or the Production Date was the issue, but you have it all that right.

The last time my car was dealer programmed, ISTA/P cancelled my 6NR FSC Code. In my case, I had modified my VO with 6NR and 6NF and 0311, Imported and Activated the FSC Code, and VO coded Combox and Head Unit; however, I never wrote the VO to the car. My assumption was that ISTA/P pulled VO from car, did not find 6NR settings, and thus cancelled the FSC Code.

After looking at yours now, with everything set right, I am not so sure that writing my VO to the car would have made any difference. It seems though that others with ConnectedDrive Retrofits from Bimmer-Tech and Bimmer Retrofit do not have their's cancelled though, but I don't understand why that is.
mine was retroffited by bimmer-tech, and it was cancelled by the dealer.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nison View Post
mine was retroffited by bimmer-tech, and it was cancelled by the dealer.
Ugh! So what did Bimmer-Tech advise afterwards? Did they repair the cancelled FSC Code?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Ugh! So what did Bimmer-Tech advise afterwards? Did they repair the cancelled FSC Code?
yes, with a fee
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
yes, with a fee
Did he happen to mention why this happened, and if it would happen again and again, every time your car is dealer programmed?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM

Yes, they warn me while they program it for the first time. It'll happen everytime I update the I level
Old 05-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, they warn me while they program it for the first time. It'll happen everytime I update the I level
What Production Date is in your VO?