Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Well....got it back. Most of the wind noise is gone (especially the whistling from the mirrors!!!). However, if I turn my head to look to the left, I still hear wind noise at higher speeds coming from the back window. I was told that all X3s do this...perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Other than that, it's good to get my car back.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: Audi
Could you detail what was done and which dealer? I have the same issue and would service in Maine typically.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: Audi
Sorry I should be more specific. I have a wind whistle in my driver's side door on the highway. None on the passenger side so I know it's not normal. The funny part is everything looks tight.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Well....got it back. Most of the wind noise is gone (especially the whistling from the mirrors!!!). However, if I turn my head to look to the left, I still hear wind noise at higher speeds coming from the back window. I was told that all X3s do this...perhaps I just need to get used to it.

Other than that, it's good to get my car back.
Not all X3's do that. Hate that response from dealers. I have a 2011 that has no wind noise from anything (knock on wood)! Did you try test driving a few on their lot to see if you hear the wind noise from the back window? If you prove to them that another one doesn't have it, then they have to fix it!

Last edited by Want the Thrill; 05-15-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Wind noise or am I too picky?

I wrote back to the foreman tonight. I'll see what he says tomorrow. Maybe I'll go back next week and drive one to see. It's 53 miles from my home

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3uo View Post
Could you detail what was done and which dealer? I have the same issue and would service in Maine typically.

Thanks!
I detailed everything in an earlier post. The dealer is Tulley

Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM

So...I have one more minor wind noise issue that is going to be fixed...

I dropped it off this morning and the shop foreman told me that the head of QA in Spartanburg called him out of the blue and talked with him for about 30 minutes about my build quality issues. He caught wind of them from people in NJ (I guess some port there?!) and he wanted to understand all the issues. The foreman forwarded all my pictures (posted WAY back in this thread) to him and he said they were awesome in terms of the descriptions and details.

He took this very seriously and hopefully will be imposing more strict controls on the X3 post-build. Not sure if mine was a one-off but he was very concerned that I took delivery of one in that condition.

Yet again...BMW doing great things. If not before, I am a LIFE customer now.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 AM

Mein Auto: x3 35i

Hey Sfiermon
Your welcome! J/k
Glad I asked you to take pics of the issues you had. Hope it all works out for you.

As for my car, 2 months in and my PDC stopped working. It's the sensor on to the front passenger next to the license plate that failed as it doesn't tick when I put my ear next to it. Hopefully no other issues pop up later down the road. The next availability for a loaner is 2 weeks away. Can't believe how long it takes. While I bring it there I'll have them program my ASS to remember my last setting. Atleast it's not a total waste of time for me as i wanted to get the ass taken care of to begin with. Just sucks that 2 months in they have to remove the bumper.

Anyways, keep us updated as I'm sure someone from BMW above is reading this!