Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 M5
Is the bloom off the rose on the m5 or is the economy bad?

I now have the money to buy an m5 for cash, closed a big oil deal that had been hanging fire for a couple of years. Earlier in the year I bought my wife a X5 msport, m performance with premium seating and sound. It was $82k list and they took $3k off. Then I bought all the coverages and it drove away at $91k. I got $33k trade for her 2011 X5 so my cost was $57k which I wrote a check for. So I figured that would be it and wasn't counting on the oil deal since it's been so on and off for two years now. I modded my 2010 535i with Dinan Stage 2 and planned to keep it two more years.

Now things have changed and I have the extra money to do several things. My wife thinks I should invest in some real-estate rental property with the extra money but I don't really want the hassle. I am 57 and really think that I don't have that many years left to fully appreciate a car like the M5. So I started looking around for new M5s and slightly used M5s and there are lot's of 2013's available with very low mileage. I don't quite understand this and I see it with the X5M as well. So I am wondering if these cars have problems that are causing people to want to drop them with low mileage.

There is a dealer in Houston on W. Gray with 6 new ones in stock and I know for a fact that two of them came from the dealer here in Austin who couldn't move them. There are about 4 used ones at dealers in Houston and I am pretty sure one is from Austin because I saw it in the show room when it was sold about 5 months ago. Now it has 8k miles on it and is for sale at Momentum BMW west for a huge $20k markdown against the MSRP that someone paid just 4 months ago. I have seen several others with less miles going for $10k off MSRP that I am sure the owner paid.

So what is going on? How many of you own one of these 2013's and can comment on why I might be seeing this>

Last edited by wrsbmw; 05-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i

Buy the M5. I traded my 2011 550i with Dinan Stage 3 and the Dinan exhaust. I could not be happier. I have had the Car about a week. I have two friends that also bought the 2013 M5 and I asked them before I made the move if they had any regrets. The answers was no.... I had the opportunity to buy a used one with 6k miles that was traded for an M6, but the discount wasn't worth it to me. Good Luck.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-05-2013, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Why not wait for LCI M5? Granted you'll get better deal on the current M5...
Old 05-05-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i

I didn't want to wait and the price was a factor. Sticker price was $105k. LCI will be much more from what I have seen. Good luck. Go for a test drive and you will buy one.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I hear ya! Good luck, and post some pics when you get your beast!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750li

I'm in the market for an M5 and here In FL there are new cars with impressive discounts. There is one at BMW of Ft Myers for $101k and that sticker is $108k. In BMW of Ocala, there are two for sale, one for $93k msrp $100k and another for $100k msrp $108k. I wonder what the discounts will be like when the LCI becomes available.

Alpine White - Silverstone II Extended Merino Leather - Driver Assistance Package - Executive Package - 20" M light alloy wheels Style 343M - Bang & Olufsen Sound System - M Performance Black Kidney Grille

12 650i / 09 750li / 06 750li / 03 745li / 00 540i
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 AM
1oz perception-1# obscure

Mein Auto: 2013 535i XDrive M-Sport

I think they are wonderful cars, but breathtakingly expensive. And the problem may be that these days you can buy very nice cars with reasonably comparable performance for much less money. 20 years ago, for instance, a sub-5 second 0-60 time was supercar territory, and now you can do that in a 335. With similar build materials and fit-finish to an M5.

I'm absolutely not suggesting that you should be satisfied with a 335 instead of an M5 - just noticing that, as the price of an M5 has increased, the performance gap between an M5 and lesser cars has decreased. Which, I bet, ultimately results in fewer takers.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: Tampa
My friend is the GSM of my BMW Dealership. One of the things he has said is that people who want M5's spec them out and have them ordered. That is why the ones sitting on the ground are not selling. He had 5 for sale, and sold 7 in a week... all to people who are ordering them rather than taking the ones sitting on the lot even for a large discount. He no longer has any on his lot but continues to sell a lot of M5's every month.... just not ones that have already been built. I guess we are all a little nuts when it comes to our options....
2013 BMW M5 (Sold)
2011 BMW X5 5.0 M Sport (Sold)
2011 BMW 335I Convertible (Sold)
2011 BMW 750Li M Sport (Sold)
2012 BMW Z4 35is (Sold)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I now have the money to buy an m5 for cash, closed a big oil deal that had been hanging fire for a couple of years. Earlier in the year I bought my wife a X5 msport, m performance with premium seating and sound. It was $82k list and they took $3k off. Then I bought all the coverages and it drove away at $91k. I got $33k trade for her 2011 X5 so my cost was $57k which I wrote a check for. So I figured that would be it and wasn't counting on the oil deal since it's been so on and off for two years now. I modded my 2010 535i with Dinan Stage 2 and planned to keep it two more years.

Now things have changed and I have the extra money to do several things. My wife thinks I should invest in some real-estate rental property with the extra money but I don't really want the hassle. I am 57 and really think that I don't have that many years left to fully appreciate a car like the M5. So I started looking around for new M5s and slightly used M5s and there are lot's of 2013's available with very low mileage. I don't quite understand this and I see it with the X5M as well. So I am wondering if these cars have problems that are causing people to want to drop them with low mileage.

There is a dealer in Houston on W. Gray with 6 new ones in stock and I know for a fact that two of them came from the dealer here in Austin who couldn't move them. There are about 4 used ones at dealers in Houston and I am pretty sure one is from Austin because I saw it in the show room when it was sold about 5 months ago. Now it has 8k miles on it and is for sale at Momentum BMW west for a huge $20k markdown against the MSRP that someone paid just 4 months ago. I have seen several others with less miles going for $10k off MSRP that I am sure the owner paid.

So what is going on? How many of you own one of these 2013's and can comment on why I might be seeing this>
This is because BMW saturated the market in the U.S. with F10 M5'S. There is alot more supply out there then there is demand for a $ 100,000.00 plus dollar sedan. Due to the over saturation of the new M5, BMW has killed the resale and or market value of the vehicle. It is very obvious, a 7 month old vehicle with around 400 new and used available out there. If buyers thought the vehicle was worth north of $ 100,000.00 there would not be so many available on the market.