Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46-E92 M3s,997TT,997C4S
Hellst XRT installed (pics)

I took the plunge and bought the Hellst XRT LED Angel Eyes for my wife's 2011 E91 Touring
(http://www.bimmereyes.com). Ross was extremely helpful and offered great customer service. The install should only have taken 10 min but on the driver's side there was no room near the light bulb housing to remove or line up the bulbs - it was a pain! Finally took about an hour of just back and forth wiggling to get it right. Overall I'm happy with Hellst (see pics below). One thing I did noticed is that the outer ring is not that bright. And I know I put the bulb in correctly because all the bulb rivets lined up to the OEM socket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	375015  
Ads by Google
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 128i Cabriolet
Hello Mark,

Glad you like the new Hellst XRT's.

The outer rings on all BMW's will always be less bright regardless of LED brand installed as they were just designed that way by BMW. Here is a photo from another customer with the Hellst XRT installed on his X5. The inner rings are brighter but the outer rings still have a nice distinctive white ring.

Cheers,

Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	375022  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i sedan
Nice. Is there a video install of it? I remember when the HIDs were installed for my car the bumper had to come off and required some drilling. This looks like a simple upgrade for me to do.

Last edited by hongsc; 05-06-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: e36 328i e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEyes Inc. View Post
Hello Mark,

Glad you like the new Hellst XRT's.

The outer rings on all BMW's will always be less bright regardless of LED brand installed as they were just designed that way by BMW. Here is a photo from another customer with the Hellst XRT installed on his X5. The inner rings are brighter but the outer rings still have a nice distinctive white ring.

Cheers,

Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
How come in the 2011+'s they look uniform in their light distribution?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Nice. Is there a video install of it? I remember when the HIDs were installed for my car the bumper had to come off and required a some drilling. This looks like a simple upgrade for me to do.
Hello Hongsc,

There are quite a few videos on Youtube that show how to install H8 LED's into a 328 so Hellst didn't think there was a need for another one. Might be worth considering though. This is a very simple upgrade as you just need to replace the H8 halogen bulb with the Hellst H8 LED bulb...plug & play. As Mark noted, getting them into the headlight socket can sometimes be a bit challenging but we have found that the best way is to look into the headlight from the front with the Hellst H8 LED on so that you can see how it needs to be installed from the front of the headlight vs. wiggling it around from the back of the headlight.

Cheers,

Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznalan15 View Post
How come in the 2011+'s they look uniform in their light distribution?
Very good question. The reason is that they are using the xenon light to reflect into both of the angel eye rings uniformly. Prior to that the angel eye rings had a light tube that passed the halogen light from the inner ring to the outer ring which is less efficient.

Cheers,

Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Big Matty Wheels

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i, 01 Allroad
Ross, your list says these wont work on an 06 330i. Why is that? I have the xenon adaptive system.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Hello marosmith,

Unfortunately, the 2006 3 Series doesn't have the H8 bulb so the Hellst XRT's won't fit as they are H8. You will need something like the LUX E90 Pre-LCI V5.2 A word of caution though...installing them involves taking off the inner fender of your vehicle. It is not an easy plug & play install.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ross
BimmerEyes Inc.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Here is a recent photo from one of our valued customers, Max Shay, with the Hellst XRT's installed on his hot looking 3 Series.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MCS_5210.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	375616  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Here is feedback from a customer from Australia who recently purchased and installed the Hellst XRT's in his 3 Series Coupe. Note his comments on "no flickering" as this is common with the LUX products and check out the before and after photo showing the difference between stock halogens and the Hellst XRT.

At $145/set, these are the best value on the market for premium BMW LED lighting. Order yours at www.bimmereyes.com

Hey Ross,

Great news! I managed to replace the bulbs this morning, the headlight housing is much smaller than it looked on the pictures and videos! gosh they are right when they said you'll need a small hand LOL. Even pulling the bulbs out was a challenge for my big hands...

Very happy with the upgrade! I haven't had so much fun working on a car since I had my skyline 3 years ago! I've attached a couple of before / after pics, looks like there's plenty of room in the housing for the ballast/resistor.

The new Hellst LED has a good startup and shutdown look with the right dimming, I was worried that it might flicker or give a sudden on and off look but nope, it comes up nicely and dimms before it shut down. Although the picture shows some light bleeding but in real life you can see the 4 rings individually so it's really good.

Thanks again for all the pre-sales help and fast shipping, feel free to post this in the forums

From a happy customer,

Martin @ Sydney Australia.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hellst 100.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	381713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Helst50.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	381714  

Last edited by BimmerEyes Inc.; 06-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.