Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
ductman's Avatar
ductman ductman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eastern Pa
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 776
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
Rear camera malfunction

On my way to South Carolina, pulled into a parking spot, put the X in reverse, received the warning Camera Malfunction?? Rear camera works fine however the top down from the right side mirror is not working, has anyone experienced this before?
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM
BMW Power's Avatar
BMW Power BMW Power is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,503
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
There was this thread, maybe you could PM him and see if he got it fixed?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ra+malfunction
__________________
2012 X5 35d DSB - Prem, SAV, Cold, Sound, Tech packages, Apps Delivered 6/6/12

Retired 2011 335d AW, M Sport, Premium and Convenience pkg, Heated Seats, Nav, HK, iPod/USB, smart phone. ED 8/31/10

Retired 2008 335i Coupe 6-speed Manual, Montego Blue, Sport, Premium, CW, Nav, PDC, AS, Shade, HD, Sat, Ipod/USB, Logic 7, CA
PCD 11/07

Retired 2004 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport.

Last edited by BMW Power; 05-10-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM
GoHawks63 GoHawks63 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SE Michigan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Premium
Rear camera malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
On my way to South Carolina, pulled into a parking spot, put the X in reverse, received the warning Camera Malfunction?? Rear camera works fine however the top down from the right side mirror is not working, has anyone experienced this before?
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ours is doing the same thing. Fortunately we are still under warranty. It's going in this week.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2011 Premium X5 Alpine White/Oyster - Convenience, Comfort, Technology, Cold weather package and Premium Audio
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - Black Diamond Tricoat/Ebony interior w/Recaro seats and saffron inserts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 AM
ductman's Avatar
ductman ductman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eastern Pa
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 776
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks63 View Post
Ours is doing the same thing. Fortunately we are still under warranty. It's going in this week.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Mine also luckily is still under warranty, strange thing is that it is now an intermittent issue, while reversing the malfunction indicator will shut off, other times , no warning at all, I guess the BMW gremlins are at work again .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM
GoHawks63 GoHawks63 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SE Michigan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Premium
Rear camera malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
Mine also luckily is still under warranty, strange thing is that it is now an intermittent issue, while reversing the malfunction indicator will shut off, other times , no warning at all, I guess the BMW gremlins are at work again .
Same with ours. Sometimes it will flicker like an old TV that isn't tuned to a TV station, more recently it would fail completely being completely blank, other times it would give a malfunction error message. It used to act up more frequently in wet weather or soon after it was washed which is making me think there is a short due to a failed seal.

I drove it this weekend (my wife usually drives the X5) and it was working about 98% of the time with an occasional flicker.

With my luck it will work perfectly when I bring it in. Not sure if it stores a code with respect to the times it gave a hard malfunction error.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2011 Premium X5 Alpine White/Oyster - Convenience, Comfort, Technology, Cold weather package and Premium Audio
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - Black Diamond Tricoat/Ebony interior w/Recaro seats and saffron inserts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
ductman's Avatar
ductman ductman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eastern Pa
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 776
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks63 View Post
Same with ours. Sometimes it will flicker like an old TV that isn't tuned to a TV station, more recently it would fail completely being completely blank, other times it would give a malfunction error message. It used to act up more frequently in wet weather or soon after it was washed which is making me think there is a short due to a failed seal.

I drove it this weekend (my wife usually drives the X5) and it was working about 98% of the time with an occasional flicker.

With my luck it will work perfectly when I bring it in. Not sure if it stores a code with respect to the times it gave a hard malfunction error.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Top down camera in right hand mirror is defective, it is being replaced along
with the cable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:45 PM
GoHawks63 GoHawks63 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SE Michigan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Premium
Rear camera malfunction

Cable for the rear view camera was replaced per TSB SI B66 03 10.

All is good now.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2011 Premium X5 Alpine White/Oyster - Convenience, Comfort, Technology, Cold weather package and Premium Audio
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - Black Diamond Tricoat/Ebony interior w/Recaro seats and saffron inserts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms