Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Corvette, 740iL, 328i
How much do you think the BMW 4 years "free" Maintenance program is worth?

Although nothing is really free, BMW builds the 4 yrs maintenance into the price of their cars. Other competitors charges outrageous prices for maint services, so just curious about what you think the 4 yrs of this maintenance may be worth, if all other cars' features being equal.

This discussion while driving back after this unfortunate experience:

Just got back from Mercedes Stealership service dept, my wife is really pissed about pricing of latest maint service.

We did the first Service A at 10K miles, oil change & reset computer, at an independent shop. Using Mobil One & Mercedes factory filter, cost: $72.

Mercedes Stealership advertised special price of $249 ($150 off reg price) for Service B at almost 20K miles, oil change, tire rotation, visual inspection, car wash, & AC dust filter change. I didn't read the fine print properly & mistakenly assumed that replacement of engine filter comes along w/ it. I that since I told the scheduler/service advisor at least 3 times that for them to use my new K&N engine air filter when they replace the engine air filter along w/ Service B. They never told me that it was the inside AC filter & not engine filter change.
Well, picked up her car, & final bill was $330.
They added $38.50 for labor for changing the air filter, $24.86 for misc supplies & disposal fee, & $17.18 tax.
Tax I understand, but the other 2 bogus charges floored us.
$38 for labor to replace air filter?!!!
$24 for supplies & disposal????!!!
Unbelievable!!!
I will never use the StealerShip for routine maint service again!!!!

On our daughter's Jeep, we bought extended factory bumper to bumper warranty from 3 yrs/36K miles to 6 yrs/72K miles & all oil changes included every 3 months for the entire 6 years. For $1000, we thought that's pretty decent deal.

btw, this is our 3rd BMW & 2nd Mercedes
Love the BMW maint program... at least for the first 4 yrs!
Ads by Google