Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 328 xdrive 2011
Cool Wipers won't stop, all dashboard lights remain ON

BMW 328 xdrive 2011

The problem occurred suddenly:
The moment we start the car, the wipers start to work and there is no way to shut them off.
Also, all the dashboard lights remain "On" all the time, while driving.

Everything (wipers and dashboard lights) shut off when we turn off the key...
The mechanic guy called BMW service and they can't figure what's wrong.

Help !!

Martine
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatilou View Post
BMW 328 xdrive 2011

The moment we start the car, the wipers start to work and there is no way to shut them off.

Tried, tested, and true, reading codes usually gives direction to a quest. Not just any code reader will work....generic OBDII readers are of minimal use.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Call the ghostbusters!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Aleks

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Juju and Calwaterboy (especially calwaterboy) You two really aren't helpful and you're not funny at all, I understand you have nothing better to do than to post stupid snarky comments but you're really not that funny and if you don't have any useful advice then why bother posting at all? I especially see this from you calwaterboy, you're constant smart ass posts are really dragging this forum down. People come here with some serious problems and by putting them down it's just sad and I'm tired of reading your crap. Believe me when I tell you this, you really aren't funny at all, you come of as an argoent wanker. Try to remember that not everyone understands cars the same way that you do.

Now to the OP.

Have a check with your dealer if your car is in the batch that was recalled for the bad wire to the battery, this has been known to cause all sorts of issues. Also a weak battery, although can run the car, has been reported to cause weird electrical issues. Otherwise, you will probably have to take it to an indie or to bmw to get the codes read and a general inspection if you can't do it yourself and don't have the tools.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335xi
Check one of your fuses.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks001 View Post
Juju and Calwaterboy (especially calwaterboy) You two really aren't helpful and you're not funny at all, I understand you have nothing better to do than to post stupid snarky comments but you're really not that funny and if you don't have any useful advice then why bother posting at all? I especially see this from you calwaterboy, you're constant smart ass posts are really dragging this forum down. People come here with some serious problems and by putting them down it's just sad and I'm tired of reading your crap. Believe me when I tell you this, you really aren't funny at all, you come of as an argoent wanker. Try to remember that not everyone understands cars the same way that you do.

Now to the OP.

Have a check with your dealer if your car is in the batch that was recalled for the bad wire to the battery, this has been known to cause all sorts of issues. Also a weak battery, although can run the car, has been reported to cause weird electrical issues. Otherwise, you will probably have to take it to an indie or to bmw to get the codes read and a general inspection if you can't do it yourself and don't have the tools.

tl:dr wut?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Tried, tested, and true, reading codes usually gives direction to a quest. Not just any code reader will work....generic OBDII readers are of minimal use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks001 View Post
Juju and Calwaterboy (especially calwaterboy) You two really aren't helpful and you're not funny at all, I understand you have nothing better to do than to post stupid snarky comments but you're really not that funny and if you don't have any useful advice then why bother posting at all? I especially see this from you calwaterboy, you're constant smart ass posts are really dragging this forum down. People come here with some serious problems and by putting them down it's just sad and I'm tired of reading your crap. Believe me when I tell you this, you really aren't funny at all, you come of as an argoent wanker.

Gotta agree, that was one snarky post! Dunno how it became so sarcastic....I must pay more attention....thank you, Aleks. I fear I was much too intense, and I have to agree, my post above does not seem to be funny at all, yet, it is entirely true.

OK, Tatilu, it appears my recommendation was not good. But you have to ask: If you don't know what codes are, can you find out? Why, sure....just request the info.

Or if you do know what codes are but are puzzled by the quality of OBDII readers, just say so and you'll get a response.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Is the OP not under the 4 yr/50K mile warranty to just take the car into the dealer and get it fixed? It seems obvious a solution but not sure of the length of bumper to bumper warranties in Canada.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatilou View Post
BMW 328 xdrive 2011

Help !!

Martine
Hi sorry to trouble you, I have the exact same problem with my 318i did you manage to get to the bottom of your problem, can you please she'd some light so I can fix my car please, thank you.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 328 xdrive 2011
Hi Syras1
After many electronic tests they found that the ABS electronic device was "out of order" (probably occurred when they change my winter's wheels for the summer's wheels ).
They installed a new ABS module, reprogrammed the computer and since then, everything is fine (May 15 th).
So I think you have to look for a defective electronic module (maybe the ABS ?)
Good luck and let me know !

Martine
Old 06-26-2013, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x5
Thanks you ever so much . Will keep you informed
Old 03-29-2014, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 318i Auto 1998
Hi Guys did anyone find out the reason for this if not let me share my experience.
I had the same problem, the wipers came on during a right turn and would not turn of there after. I stripped down the wiper stalk on the steering column and found that during the left turn I must have given the stalk a clout. This had removed the pin of the arm from the wiper speed slide mechanism, this meant that the slider remained at the lowest point regardless of where the arm was positioned. This position kept the wipers running continuously. Disassembly of the stalk and repositioning the pin within the variable speed slider fixed the problem.
Regards
Raggedy