Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: waiting for performance
close to ordering - comments please!

We are very close to ordering the X3 as described below. Will do Performance Center Delivery too

Two items are making us waffle -
(1) Tech Package or Nav only: is there a reason we'll dislike the HUD? If turned off, does the windshield look any different than a HUD-less model?

(2) Interior Colors: We want darker leather so blue jean dye and occasional muddy dog paws don't make us fret. Is Black leather going to be too hot/dark? There is no example of Mojave on the lot, and the CA wrinkled his nose when asked about it. Would it look ok w/carbon black? We just don't want to go Chestnut.

X3 xDrive35i
Carbon Black Metallic
Black 'Nevada' Leather
Fineline Sienna wood trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Rear View Camera with Top View
Dynamic Handling Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Premium hi-fi system
Destination & Handling

We appreciate your comments.

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 05-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: whatever the Mrs doesn't
Congrats I think you made some great picks. I have an Oyster interior but no dogs and I haven't had any jean stains. I'd probably get black if I had young kids or pets but only you can make that decision.

I wasn't sold on HUD when it was seperate from the Tech package but from what I have seen and heard the new one looks pretty cool.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
I can't saee any reason why you would dislike the HUD. I find it great to have all the info in my normal field of view and don't have to take my eyes off the road to look at Nav instructions.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
IMO, the reason NOT to get the HUD is that you will not miss it if you don't have it, but, once you do have it, you will want it on all of your cars.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 330CI
I really like the black with baseball stitching and I like the chestnut. It is ing
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: whatever the Mrs doesn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
I can't saee any reason why you would dislike the HUD. I find it great to have all the info in my normal field of view and don't have to take my eyes off the road to look at Nav instructions.
Before MY 2014 it was separate from the Tech Package. If I was buying a 2014 I would definately get it because I would get the Tech.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
IMO, the reason NOT to get the HUD is that you will not miss it if you don't have it, but, once you do have it, you will want it on all of your cars.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
I have chestnut and it is pretty dark and easy to clean, black of course will show less, but I love the chestnut!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
+1 for Chestnut. love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
I have chestnut and it is pretty dark and easy to clean, black of course will show less, but I love the chestnut!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Mojave is my favorite interior color for the X3. It would look fantastic with carbon black. Definitely go for the technology package.

You've owned a black car before, right? If you're anal about keeping the exterior clean you'll need to wash it often.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Continental RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: X3 (soon)
Just ordered an X3, my first BMW, Saturday, with the HUD. I have it on my 2006 Corvette and love it. Hopefully, it's like my Vette and shows navigation instructions and distances to turns. Vette also shows the radio station for a few seconds after changing.

rambo-2000
Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
tell your CA to un-wrinkle his nose, the Mojave is amazing (and no I am not partial )
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
I really like the Mojave. I don't know that this picture does it justice, but:

I've had Sand Beige in other cars and am happy with something darker.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 AM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I really like the Mojave. I don't know that this picture does it justice, but:

I've had Sand Beige in other cars and am happy with something darker.
I like Mojave also - to me that picture makes it look lighter than in person and it would definitely look good with Carbon Black also - I basically chose between Mojave and Chestnut - no other options in my book!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
Here are a couple more shots of the Mojave interior for you...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front seat.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	376420   Click image for larger version

Name:	back seat.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	376421   Click image for larger version

Name:	back seat 2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	376422  
2014 x3 35i - Bronze Metallic - Mojave Leather - Fineline Wave Trim - Cold Weather Pkg - Drivers Assistance Pkg w/ Top View Camera - Dynamic Handling Pkg - Premium Pkg - Technology Pkg - 309 Style Rims - X-Line Trim Pkg - Aluminum Roof Rails - Window Shades - Auto High Beams - Premium Sound.

2013 Ram 3500 - Laramie Limited Mega Cab w/ Cummins Diesel and Aisin Transmision
Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Do itttttt!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 AM
BMWX3

Mein Auto: X3
I was undecided too and ultimately ordered black leather and HUD.

I hated the two-tone leather look for Mojave (so much of the car interior is black, such that the Mojave looks like little patches of leather here and there). If I could have gotten the seat backs, doors, etc. in in the same color as the leather (just like all other cars I've had in the past), I probably would have gone with the Mojave.

The black's sweet though, with the stitching and the ease of care of the seats and carpet (doesn't show stains).

Go with the HUD--sure it's an extra 1K, but it's a pretty sweet toy that most of your friends don't have and you'll probably never regret getting it. It was on one of the cars I test drove and I liked the constant reminder of how fast I'm going. If I decide it was a waste, then I'll be able to avoid ordering it in other cars in the future and know for sure I'm comfortable with that decision. Otherwise, I'd have to make the same decision in a few years when I'm replacing my wife's car.

I think the NAV in the HUD is sweet. I prefer 3rd party NAV like Garmin that is up high in the windshield, over having to look down to see directions at the same time that I'm coming up to complex intersections. Hopefully the HUD will help avoiding the need to look down as much...