Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 M Sport xDrive
535i M Sport Options/Packages

Hello everyone. Nice forum you have here!

I have found myself in a position to finally purchase a car I have always loved, of course I'm talking about a BMW.

What I'm looking at is a 2011 or 2012 535i M Sport, preferably an X-drive.

I've done a fair amount of research but I'm still not quite sure on the options as far as what I can get with various packages, or what options are bundled with what packages, and is the cost of certain options worth it.

My hope is that someone here can make the options part of this more simple, so that when I'm searching for these cars online (which are damn rare by the way) I know what I should be looking for with options/packages and their relation to the price.

To give you an idea, I'd like to get the price somewhere in the neighborhood of $45,000 but of course would like to get all the goodies I can.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Haitoman

Send a message via Skype™ to Haitoman
Mein Auto: 2012 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Obsession View Post

I have found myself in a position to finally purchase a car I have always loved, of course I'm talking about a BMW.

I've done a fair amount of research but I'm still not quite sure on the options as far as what I can get with various packages, or what options are bundled with what packages, and is the cost of certain options worth it.

My hope is that someone here can make the options part of this more simple, so that when I'm searching for these cars online (which are damn rare by the way) I know what I should be looking for with options/packages and their relation to the price.

To give you an idea, I'd like to get the price somewhere in the neighborhood of $45,000 but of course would like to get all the goodies I can.

Ok..There is a lot of nice to have options but some like camera etc. (the parking sensors do a good job - and a camera is retro-fittable) are just that. Here' my 2 cents worth of must haves :

- Metallic paint (looks eye-poppingly good when detailed)
- Sports package with 8-spd SAT (get fixed suspension - less to go wrong)
- 19inch wheels (looks better)
- Trunk spoiler (looks better)
- Xenons (for day running)
- HUD (convenience only)
- Stitched dash (classy)
- Dakota leather (unless you can afford premium leather)
- Sports seats (thigh support is great)
- Heated front seats (It's about you and your passenger)
- Premium sound (if you don't you will always regret it)
- Professional media & nav (large display looks better)

2012 F10 535i M-Sport Carbon Black
2006 520d Touring Montego Blue Metallic
2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black Hard Top Vert
2002 E46 330i M-Sport Titanium Silver Just sold !!

Last edited by Haitoman; 05-12-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitoman View Post
Ok..There is a lot of nice to have options but some like camera etc. (the parking sensors do a good job - and a camera is retro-fittable) are just that. Here' my 2 cents worth of must haves :

- HUD (convenience only)
- Stitched dash (classy)
Thanks for the info.

As far as the sports package and sport seats, aren't those included with the m-sport package?

I definitely want the premium sound and satellite radio. Problem I have is that it's hard to be too picky with the options since there are only eight of these in the whole country that fit my search criteria on autotrader. Only two of those are in the alpine white color I'd like to get.

What I'm curious about is are some of these options bundled with packages, or are all the options available separately?

Only thing I was able to find on this is the below link. It isn't terribly helpful.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/03/25...arts-at-60575/
Old 05-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Go to cars.com, search on a car for a particular year, and go to the features and specs tab on that vehicle. It will show you all the options and packages available.

On 2011 and 2012 the multi-contour seats (there are no sport seats in the US) do come with the sport and sport package.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 05-12-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:

- HUD (convenience only)
- Stitched dash (classy)
We can't get sport seats in the US, and the stitched dash is a custom order item, so the odds on finding one used are about as likely as hitting the lottery.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535XI M-Sport
Quote:

You got pm. Maybe we can work something out.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Go to cars.com, search on a car for a particular year, and go to the features and specs tab on that vehicle. It will show you all the options and packages available.

On 2011 and 2012 the multi-contour seats (there are no sport seats in the US) do come with the sport and sport package.
Thanks for the feedback, Needsdecaf. I'll go check that out.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, missed this earlier. So there is a bigger screen available or just a different style of display?

Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Haitoman

Quote:
We can't get sport seats in the US, and the stitched dash is a custom order item, so the odds on finding one used are about as likely as hitting the lottery.
yes, I misread the OP. I thought he was ordering from new.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Haitoman

Quote:
Hmmm, missed this earlier. So there is a bigger screen available or just a different style of display?

Thanks again.
7-inch for standard and 10.2-inch for professional. There are filler plates on both sides of the standard display.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
7-inch for standard and 10.2-inch for professional. There are filler plates on both sides of the standard display.
In the US, there is no standard and professional nav. There is either nav or no nav (Yoda, can you hear me?). The smaller screen comes when you do not have nav. If you get nav, it is equivalent to (rest of world's) professional nav.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
In the US, there is no standard and professional nav. There is either nav or no nav (Yoda, can you hear me?). The smaller screen comes when you do not have nav. If you get nav, it is equivalent to (rest of world's) professional nav.
Thanks again for the cars.com recommendation. That was helpful. Still just need to figure out the pricing associated with these options/packages.

Anyway....just to make sure I'm clear, there are two different screen sizes available in the US, and you must have navigation to get the bigger screen?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i, 2014 X3 28i
To get an M-Sport at that price you will probably need a 2011. I just sold my 2012 M-Sport for close to 50k.
2008 528i - Retired
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: F10, E39, Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas550 View Post
To get an M-Sport at that price you will probably need a 2011. I just sold my 2012 M-Sport for close to 50k.
But yours was a 550 right? He is looking at 535's

Edit - saw your sig. Good deal for you.

Prior BMW's: 1987 325e|1993 740i|1998 740il|2002 745li|2007 750li|2006 750li

Last edited by Joe-BMW; 05-16-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
How many miles on your sold '12, Dallas? $50K for an almost 2 MY old car seems like a pretty fair deal but certainly shouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Ordered: Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
How many miles on your sold '12, Dallas? $50K for an almost 2 MY old car seems like a pretty fair deal but certainly shouldn't be out of the ordinary.
It had a little over 12k. I purchased it for about 54k, I was happy with it. I'm going to try to sell my 550 in the coming weeks/months depending on the 2014 timeline.
2008 528i - Retired
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Good deal indeed, considering the low purchase price. The more these cars get discounted, the more the resale will be affected. The F10's aren't that bad so far as BMW doesn't slash prices like I was used to on the E Classes I was driving before. Getting 20+% off of a new E Class is actually quite common, and very unbefitting to the "status" of the car therefore of course when you can get a $60K E350 for $48K no sweat, one can imagine how horribly low they'll start to sell for on the Used markets.

Ordered: Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Good deal indeed, considering the low purchase price. The more these cars get discounted, the more the resale will be affected. The F10's aren't that bad so far as BMW doesn't slash prices like I was used to on the E Classes I was driving before. Getting 20+% off of a new E Class is actually quite common, and very unbefitting to the "status" of the car therefore of course when you can get a $60K E350 for $48K no sweat, one can imagine how horribly low they'll start to sell for on the Used markets.
It helped that I did ED + nav option credit + loyalty + new year cash. It was an amazing deal.

Didn't know that about the E-Class, a friend of mine was checking out the E-550 coupe a few weeks ago.
2008 528i - Retired
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: honda
Quote:

I'm on a same boat. I'm looking for 2011 or 2012 535i with M Sport.
I have not seen it on the market yet, here in california.
I think we'll probably have to wait a few months, at least.
I wonder what would be the fair market price for the 2011 or 2012 535i M Sport....