Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
First accident ever

So I was going straight girl tried to run a red and crushed my baby cops came all at fault fore her. Man our cars can take a punch!

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-11-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM
guywithabmw guywithabmw is offline
Registered User
Location: america
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: BMW
Surprised this was your first accident considering the area you live in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithabmw View Post
Surprised this was your first accident considering the area you live in.
lol she powned me man our cars are beasts I just would like help like how to make sure I don't get forced to take a crushed car I'm uploading pics now. they were already trying to make me pick body shops for a not at fault failure to yield accident. Also how are mods dealt with if anyone knows thank god I save all my paperwork.







So she crushed me mid intersection spun 3 times hopped a curb.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 PM
alex2364 alex2364 is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern VA
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: E90 335i M Sport
It's up to the insurance company to "force you to take a crushed car." If it's close to being totaled, you can usually work with the body shop and insurance company to push for them to get totaled. Since it's a side impact with air bags deployed, I'd say it's totaled. I don't know where in the DMV you live, but if you need a body shop to go to I'd recommend D&V in Sterling, VA. They're one of the best in the area and pretty pricey, which should help you since insurance is paying and you want it totaled.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
It's up to the insurance company to "force you to take a crushed car." If it's close to being totaled, you can usually work with the body shop and insurance company to push for them to get totaled. Since it's a side impact with air bags deployed, I'd say it's totaled. I don't know where in the DMV you live, but if you need a body shop to go to I'd recommend D&V in Sterling, VA. They're one of the best in the area and pretty pricey, which should help you since insurance is paying and you want it totaled.
Thanks bro thank god school just ended and I get rides to work phew I can be without a car. I guess they told me I have coverage that says I can pick any shop I want.


Oh and BMW assist was awesome too guy was on in less then a minute and stayed for over an hour.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Does anyone know if the party at faults insurance company has to pay for mods, and what kind of value is recovered? I doubt the value of install is a factor (would love to offset this for an m3)


Funny how different people react I'd just like to go test drive an m3 right now and was perfectly fine afterwards (making jokes about my poor car with the cops exc.) and the girl who plowed into me was crying and in the ambulance getting air n stuff.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
looks worse in the day time





Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-14-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
fb88 fb88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 610
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
what was she driving?
did the your head meet the side airbag when it popped?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb88 View Post
what was she driving?
did the your head meet the side airbag when it popped?
PT cruiser

my head went from normal position, hit the part by the idrive and came back and hit the side airbag, no neck pain now and totally good and was back lifting weights today



She came out into that intersection about where that car is, hit me going straight spun me a couple times and I landed in between that green sign and the white one (and hopped the curb shocked I didn't flip).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
daytrader daytrader is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,051
Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
Terp!

Wow Man so sorry to read this post. Really blows, but so glad no one got hurt. We do live in a crazy area, plenty of bad(or distracted) drivers all over the place. It's a crap shoot every time we hit the roads here. Anyway, again glad no one was injured!

See you on PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
Terp!

Wow Man so sorry to read this post. Really blows, but so glad no one got hurt. We do live in a crazy area, plenty of bad(or distracted) drivers all over the place. It's a crap shoot every time we hit the roads here. Anyway, again glad no one was injured!

See you on PM.
Yeah they got me good lol probably getting an m3/m5 as replacement, we'll see how my checkbook feels
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
daytrader daytrader is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,051
Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Yeah they got me good lol probably getting an m3/m5 as replacement, we'll see how my checkbook feels
Yeah but then tuned FBO E92s will abuse you!
Best to wait for the new m4.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
Yeah but then tuned FBO E92s will abuse you!
Best to wait for the new m4.
not when it goes down to PA for the ess vt2 supercharger
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
So the estimate just popped up to fix it $14758... Does that sound like a total loss or will they try and fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 PM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 886
Mein Auto: E90 335i xDrive
First accident ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
So the estimate just popped up to fix it $14758... Does that sound like a total loss or will they try and fix it?
Depends on your state regulations and the ACV. I know for my state, NY, if the repair cost exceeds 75% of the car value it is declared a total loss.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
BMW CCA Member 454031

Save the manuals
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
marosmith marosmith is offline
Big Matty Wheels
Location: Lafayette, Or
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 51
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i, 01 Allroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
So the estimate just popped up to fix it $14758... Does that sound like a total loss or will they try and fix it?
That's gotta be a total. Argue like hell if they don't offer the total.
__________________


2006 BMW 330i Black
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:15 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqaddict View Post
Depends on your state regulations and the ACV. I know for my state, NY, if the repair cost exceeds 75% of the car value it is declared a total loss.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
So must it always be 75% to get a total loss in your state? I'm just curious because I'm sure I'm in the high 50% if you include the mods, 61% if you just do kbb.. I'd rather lose 3k taking one big insurance check then getting the car back and lose 4+ on diminished value.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosmith View Post
That's gotta be a total. Argue like hell if they don't offer the total.
Will do I have 5pages of repair parts and thats not even unseen damage
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 PM
marosmith marosmith is offline
Big Matty Wheels
Location: Lafayette, Or
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 51
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i, 01 Allroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
So must it always be 75% to get a total loss in your state? I'm just curious because I'm sure I'm in the high 50% if you include the mods, 61% if you just do kbb.. I'd rather lose 3k taking one big insurance check then getting the car back and lose 4+ on diminished value.
Convince them to total it first, see what they offer you. If low then get receipts and comparable a ready to contest the value. Not vice versa.
__________________


2006 BMW 330i Black
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 886
Mein Auto: E90 335i xDrive
First accident ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
So must it always be 75% to get a total loss in your state? I'm just curious because I'm sure I'm in the high 50% if you include the mods, 61% if you just do kbb.. I'd rather lose 3k taking one big insurance check then getting the car back and lose 4+ on diminished value.
That's the state regulated issue. Of course another issue what the insurance companies accept as a true value for a given car.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
BMW CCA Member 454031

Save the manuals
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosmith View Post
Convince them to total it first, see what they offer you. If low then get receipts and comparable a ready to contest the value. Not vice versa.
Gotcha like they want to use refurb parts

The labor rates they're using are a joke too 42 an hr lol its going to the best shop in VA if they want me to have it back

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Darryl79 Darryl79 is offline
Registered User
Location: Honolulu, HI
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 71
Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
PT cruiser

my head went from normal position, hit the part by the idrive and came back and hit the side airbag, no neck pain now and totally good and was back lifting weights today
Dude,

Glad you're ok, but don't take a car accident too lightly. I'd highly recommend seeing a doc just to make sure everything checks out physically. Problems CAN crop up after. Most times after an accident, you are all hopped up on adrenaline and such, but once you calm down, your body responds.

Just take notice of how you are still feeling a week from now.

Glad you're ok! Get that M3 if possible!

Last edited by Darryl79; 05-17-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is online now
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,605
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
PT cruiser

my head went from normal position, hit the part by the idrive and came back and hit the side airbag, no neck pain now and totally good and was back lifting weights today



She came out into that intersection about where that car is, hit me going straight spun me a couple times and I landed in between that green sign and the white one (and hopped the curb shocked I didn't flip).
Damn! Glad you are okay, but damn. I recognize that intersection and have been through it at least a hundred times. I don't ever think I considered someone broadsiding me right there.

I guess you'll be wanting to borrow the 6er now.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Alexanderlt's Avatar
Alexanderlt Alexanderlt is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 301
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
You can't push an insurance company to make the car a total loss. It goes based off of the repairs and the value of the car. If the repairs exceed the value of the car then it is totaled. If not then they will just fix it. Insurance companies will do what ever is cheaper.

I know first hand, I was rear ended 8 months ago and the damage was $22,000 total for my 2008 535i and they just payed to repair it versus give me $30K for the car.

Just saying...


Glad you're okay though and you are right, our cars sure can take a beating.


I would agree with the poster above, I had no neck or back pain right away from my accident, a few days later I was in pain and still am 8 months later. Don't take it to lightly, and definitely don't tell her insurance company that you're fine. If something does come up they will use that against you!
__________________

11' 335Cic Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - M Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' 535i Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' X5 3.0si Alpine White - Beige Interior - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

06' 330I Sparkling Graphite - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Retired

01' 330Cic Alpine White - Beige Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Retired
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:26 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,040
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderlt View Post
You can't push an insurance company to make the car a total loss. It goes based off of the repairs and the value of the car. If the repairs exceed the value of the car then it is totaled. If not then they will just fix it. Insurance companies will do what ever is cheaper.

I know first hand, I was rear ended 8 months ago and the damage was $22,000 total for my 2008 535i and they just payed to repair it versus give me $30K for the car.

Just saying...


Glad you're okay though and you are right, our cars sure can take a beating.


I would agree with the poster above, I had no neck or back pain right away from my accident, a few days later I was in pain and still am 8 months later. Don't take it to lightly, and definitely don't tell her insurance company that you're fine. If something does come up they will use that against you!
I agree its now been a week and I'm totally good, lifting, exc. so I'm guessing I'm ok. Sucks about your 535... Guess I need to prepare myself to get it back.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms