Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bmw F01 750i
Which Wheels?

Hey guys, i have been going to dealer about vibration problem since i bought my car and now after replacing my tires for excessive road force he says 3 my rims are bent somehow. Even though I had this problem from first, he says they were not bent before. I have no clue how they can bend when I have one of the best road in my area and no one except me drives the car nd i never hit a pot hole or something that sort. long story short, I am looking for some wheels and tires for 2k, i know its a bit on cheaper side but right now thats what i can do. So please suggest me some wheels that you might have got or that will look good.Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 PM

Mein Auto: .
If you don't mind ditching the runflats and going aftermarket with the rims 2K is more than enough to get a great set of rims/tires for your car.

Check eBay, I know it sounds like a risky process but a ton of legit, brick and mortar wheel shops sell there and the prices are beyond competitive.

I had the same problem as you and went with a 22 inch set-up. While I am still questioning my decision to go with such big rims, I'm happy that my car now drives smoooooth.

EDIT: Lots of OEM rims/tire sets on eBay around your price range too.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschase View Post
If you don't mind ditching the runflats and going aftermarket with the rims 2K is more than enough to get a great set of rims/tires for your car.

Check eBay, I know it sounds like a risky process but a ton of legit, brick and mortar wheel shops sell there and the prices are beyond competitive.

I had the same problem as you and went with a 22 inch set-up. While I am still questioning my decision to go with such big rims, I'm happy that my car now drives smoooooth.

EDIT: Lots of OEM rims/tire sets on eBay around your price range too.
Thanks for your suggestion, i dont mind ditching the runflats at all. Iam looking more in line of 20inch. do you know any sellers on ebay who are legit, especillay putting 2k online, its kind of hard to trust anyone. Also do you have any styles in mind, how would Giovanna Andros 20inch or Niche targa 20inch look?
Giovanna Andros

Niche Targa

Last edited by pranavf01; 05-11-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM

Mein Auto: Kia
I would recommend 20's. 21's are rare and expensive. 22's give a rougher ride and have trouble with load capacity unless you are willing to increase diameter of tires but that can cause other issues. 20's have tons of affordable good options.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:16 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Which Wheels?

I like my OEM rims and I had same issue as yours. Took it to a wheel shop they straightened 2 of my wheels perfectly, no vibrations any more. Cost me $95 each wheel.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 AM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavf01 View Post
Hey guys, i have been going to dealer about vibration problem since i bought my car and now after replacing my tires for excessive road force he says 3 my rims are bent somehow. Even though I had this problem from first, he says they were not bent before. I have no clue how they can bend when I have one of the best road in my area and no one except me drives the car nd i never hit a pot hole or something that sort. long story short, I am looking for some wheels and tires for 2k, i know its a bit on cheaper side but right now thats what i can do. So please suggest me some wheels that you might have got or that will look good.Thanks!
Where about in ATL are you and what dealer did you got to ? what style wheels you currently have ? looking for wheels myself as i am leaning towards the factory 20" 303's .
Thanks

Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.

Last edited by M4XBMW7; 05-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XBMW7 View Post
Where about in ATL are you and what dealer did you got to ? what style wheels you currently have ? looking for wheels myself as i am leaning towards the factory 20" 303's .
Thanks
Iam in Lawrenceville/Snellville area, I go to global imports bmw because i bought my car over there even though united bmw is closer to me, i have exact same wheels as you do. Style 252
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Quote:
Iam in Lawrenceville/Snellville area, I go to global imports bmw because i bought my car over there even though united bmw is closer to me, i have exact same wheels as you do. Style 252
We are real close 15 min tops , I am in Suwanee .
Had an issue with my E66 vibrating as the dealer told my wheels were bent but it turned out that my rear tires were the issue .

Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
This ebay seller has some really attractive pricing for complete wheel sets. Don't know about the quality, but some great looking wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-GTX-15-Si...item3a7726eecd
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
If you're looking for OEM wheels, we can help. Just shoot me a PM with what style your looking for. This thread has some wheels that we have a large inventory of http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680211

(877)740-7636
customerservice@factorywheelwarehouse.com
Old 05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Slower Traffic Move Right

Mein Auto: 2009 750i (F01)
Why not Axis Allies in 21"? Tire rack sells them, conveniently with tires.

While marginally more rare and therefore pricier, the 21" sizing affords aesthetics and OEM sizing.

I'm actually considering these myself. However, if I go this route I would be switching to a 285/30/21 rear tire to open the tire choice up a bit. Much more selection, and the fit shouldn't be thrown off.

Last edited by D.B.V.; 05-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B.V. View Post
Why not Axis Allies in 21"? Tire rack sells them, conveniently with tires.

While marginally more rare and therefore pricier, the 21" sizing affords aesthetics and OEM sizing.

I'm actually considering these myself. However, if I go this route I would be switching to a 285/30/21 rear tire to open the tire choice up a bit. Much more selection, and the fit shouldn't be thrown off.
thanks for the suggestion
yes i have seen the tire rack ones, i was thinking 21s mean even in the future ties will be more expensive than 20s, so thats the reason i was thinking 20s
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryWheel View Post
If you're looking for OEM wheels, we can help. Just shoot me a PM with what style your looking for. This thread has some wheels that we have a large inventory of http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680211
Let me know the pricing or deals of Style 312, and Msport wheels of f01
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
thanks for the suggestion
yes i have seen the tire rack ones, i was thinking 21s mean even in the future ties will be more expensive than 20s, so thats the reason i was thinking 20s
Sadly 21's are a grip more expensive. Just do a search on Tire Rack. You will have only have about 1-2 choices typically in 21's vs 20+ tire options in 20 in size. Take into the crazy increased cost of 21's you could probably get new rims every 2 years with the money you save by going with 20's. I spent days looking into this a few weeks ago when I ordered my new rims, so that is why I eventually went with 20's.

This does not even take into account the limited selection of 21" rims vs 20" ones.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 05-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XBMW7 View Post
We are real close 15 min tops , I am in Suwanee .
Had an issue with my E66 vibrating as the dealer told my wheels were bent but it turned out that my rear tires were the issue .
nice to know
yea the dealer already replaced my rear tire for excessive road force, now he is confident it was bent rims
Old 05-14-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Sadly 21's are a grip more expensive. Just do a search on Tire Rack. You will have only have about 1-2 choices typically in 21's vs 20+ tire options in 20 in size. Take into the crazy increased cost of 21's you could probably get new rims every 2 years with the money you save by going with 20's. I spent days looking into this a few weeks ago when I ordered my new rims, so that is why I eventually went with 20's.

This does not even take into account the limited selection of 21" rims vs 20" ones.
what rims did you order? and please do post pictures after you get them installed
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 AM

Forgestar F14's. 20x9 front. 20x10.5 rear. Piano Black. They are custom made and do take about 4-6 weeks to fabricate. Will post when I get them on.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Axis allies in 21 inch, 21x9 and 21x10.5, I think the 21 inch tire prices will drop soon, I have 21 inch Hankook on my car. Rides fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	376571  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 PM

Another view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	376572  
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Slower Traffic Move Right

Mein Auto: 2009 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis007 View Post
Axis allies in 21 inch, 21x9 and 21x10.5, I think the 21 inch tire prices will drop soon, I have 21 inch Hankook on my car. Rides fine.
Those looks great! Finally some more pics of the Allies on a 7.

I've been searching for more for a while.

Would you say the ride is better than stock or pretty much the same? Also, what size Hankooks did you go with?

Last edited by D.B.V.; 05-15-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM

The ride is pretty much the same, I feel the 21 inch Hankook rides better than the stock 20 inch good year run flats , the run flats side wall was very stiff which compromised the ride quality , however I lowered the car using the H&R springs and links, by lowering the car about 30mm, the ride quality is slightly rougher than stock suspension, so overall it's about the same. Hope this helps.m
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM

Hankook 245/35-21 & 285/30-21
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
I would be weary of those Hankooks UNLESS they have increased the 'load index/rating'. I ran a set on my last 22's on my e65 and although the tread on the rears looked good after 12k miles, in fact they were separating on the inner side walls. Luckily a slow leak caused me to pull them off for inspection where this was discovered. Otherwise I may have suffered a Blow Out!

Far as wheels... Man there are too many to count! Narrow down your own "personal style" and then find one that fits your budget/needs. I'd say 20" or 22".
21s are impractical.

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis007 View Post
I think the 21 inch tire prices will drop soon,

How do you figure that? 21's are becoming more and more scarce as manufacturers have virtually abandoned them for 20's or 22's. If anything they will stay the same price or more expensive over time as they are phased out. You may find them cheaper from cheap cut rate tire manufacturers, but then good luck with that. I'm not risking it for a crappy cheap tire. There will always be expensive 21's that are reliable I'm sure, but get ready to empty the wallet for them.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I would be weary of those Hankooks UNLESS they have increased the 'load index/rating'. I ran a set on my last 22's on my e65 and although the tread on the rears looked good after 12k miles, in fact they were separating on the inner side walls. Luckily a slow leak caused me to pull them off for inspection where this was discovered. Otherwise I may have suffered a Blow Out!

Far as wheels... Man there are too many to count! Narrow down your own "personal style" and then find one that fits your budget/needs. I'd say 20" or 22".
21s are impractical.

~ Big Marcus
Would these look classy? or too sporty? i really like these but dont know how they will look 20" on the car, i dont want it to be too small, some wheels look smaller than they are if you know what i mean.

Last edited by pranavf01; 05-15-2013 at 02:10 PM.