Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
ugly to beautiful

want to get rid of those ugly 07 'inner' back up lights, will newer model years inners swap in?
Ads by Google
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Found the Search Button

Mein Auto: '06 E90 325i '07 E92 328i
ugly to beautiful

Not without changing out your trunk lid for an LCI one. You could get a pair of blacklines or aftermarket lights that are all red and made to look like the LCI ones.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Embrace your Pre-LCI E90! Don't get sucked into the "newer is better" mind set. Remember that mid-cycle body refreshes are done to make the car look different so people will perceive them as "newer".

The original designers likely considered these alternative designs as inferior or they would have adopted them. I think the LCI E90's are trying to look like the the older E46's (at least from the front) by "ovaling" the kidney grills and rounding the lights.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as those cars are certainly attractive cars in their own right. But the look of the Pre-LCI is, IMHO, more "edgie" and consistent with the overall design ethos of the E90.

But hey, it's your car and you should make it look anyway you like. Just remember that when you go to sell it you aren't going to recoup the money you spent modifying it and you will have to explain to the next owner why the car isn't factory original. Most buyers don't want a modified car.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Found the Search Button

Mein Auto: '06 E90 325i '07 E92 328i
ugly to beautiful

Some manufacturers LCIs look like they were afterthoughts to the original design to appease customers and create demand. It almost feels like BMW designs the LCI first and releases the 'second place' design elements first.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM
puppet master

Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
The tail lights on my E90 were deal breakers. Had I not upgraded to an E92 I would have picked up some blacklines. That being said, the rest of the car is a work of art.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
The tail lights on my E90 were deal breakers. Had I not upgraded to an E92 I would have picked up some blacklines. That being said, the rest of the car is a work of art.
I just Googled "2006 E90 blackline tail lights". I expected that the portion on the deck lid would be red with a small clear section for reverse lights like the LCI version but instead the red upper portion on the outer rear panel was replaced with a clear section to match the clear section on the trunk lid.

Either way I guess I don't see it as a "deal breaker". Although, I must admit that the clear section on the deck lid is a bit disharmonious juxtaposed with the red section on the outer rear panel.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Here is a previous thread about pre-LCI taillights that simulate the LCI taillight look.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664322