Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
What kind of gas do you use in your 7???

Hahaha... Just kidding...

I do have a sort-of-gas related question though, anyone else have issues with the pumps constantly stopping? I remember reading about 1 other member here having this issue. The local Costco I have zero issues, any other station in the area it fills about 4 gallons and clicks off... A bit of a pain...

Since I have your attention, 1 other thing, the outside temp gauge doesn't seem to work correctly, it's 95-100 degrees right now and it's reading 76? I'm wondering if anyone thinks I should take it in for such a minor issue (ie. is that gauge related to something more important like ambient temp, some sort of climate control? If so, I'm more inclined to take it in)...

Sorry for the silliness in the title... I just had to!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Ads by Google
Old 05-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04

Take it in for both items. Search on the clicking off, people have had it resolved by their dealer.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoemt View Post
Hahaha... Just kidding...

I do have a sort-of-gas related question though, anyone else have issues with the pumps constantly stopping? I remember reading about 1 other member here having this issue. The local Costco I have zero issues, any other station in the area it fills about 4 gallons and clicks off... A bit of a pain...

Since I have your attention, 1 other thing, the outside temp gauge doesn't seem to work correctly, it's 95-100 degrees right now and it's reading 76? I'm wondering if anyone thinks I should take it in for such a minor issue (ie. is that gauge related to something more important like ambient temp, some sort of climate control? If so, I'm more inclined to take it in)...

Sorry for the silliness in the title... I just had to!

I only use Chevron 91, or higher if available. I had asked an attendant about that, more about the possibility their pump is having issues. And he said its bubbles, there is a shutter that prevents a backflow or something along those lines, and when people top off too much, it creates those bubbles. The only way to remedy it, is when they replenish their gas supplies from a tanker is to pop it open.

So I doubt its your car, I'd try different gas stations and verify. Try Shell/Chevron and see if it still does it.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
I use Shell V-Power racing 100 or Aral Ultimate 102

Yeah we get better gas. But it also costs twice as much ;p

Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328
I have the exact same problem with my current '12 750i and I also had it on my '09. When filling the tank, the pump keeps clicking off. It is incredibly annoying, as the only way to get it to keep filling is to delicately modulate the flow......

Appreciate any suggestions and experiences other members might have to this one....
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
The highest grade we have up here in Vancouver is 94 so I always put 94 and from Chevron because it doesn't contain any ethanol.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
I only use Chevron 91, or higher if available. I had asked an attendant about that, more about the possibility their pump is having issues. And he said its bubbles, there is a shutter that prevents a backflow or something along those lines, and when people top off too much, it creates those bubbles. The only way to remedy it, is when they replenish their gas supplies from a tanker is to pop it open.

So I doubt its your car, I'd try different gas stations and verify. Try Shell/Chevron and see if it still does it.
Hi Chris, I tried various stations, even other costcos, all of them click off constantly... Very odd behavior that 1 is fine and everywhere else isn't... I'm liking the bubble theory! Thinking I still need to take it in to deal with the temp gauge...

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)