Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: NA
take delivery

Hello everyone,

I am about to take delivery of my X3 this coming week. Since this is my first car, I am wondering what I should pay attention to when I am taking delivery. Do you usually have any checklist?

Thanks a lot
Ads by Google
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by haodang View Post
Hello everyone,

I am about to take delivery of my X3 this coming week. Since this is my first car, I am wondering what I should pay attention to when I am taking delivery. Do you usually have any checklist?

Thanks a lot
I am far from an expert an others will chime in. I took delivery on my wife's this past Fri and checked all the rubber parts folks had been posting about and the references to the wind noise. I then spent most of my time looking for cosmetic imperfections both in and out. All and all this was as "clean" a car as I have picked up. I always fear the first car wah I give, almost think you should wash it as part of your delivery process as you see it all then.

But so far everything checked out okay. With regards to noise, it is quieter than her CR-V that we traded in with 35K miles on it and 7 years old.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:54 PM

Mein Auto: 323i
I did the same thing - checked the rubber around all the windows. No issues. I noticed the wheels were marked with removable marker as a result of inspection. They cleaned them at my request. Although I didn't go leather, I read on other posts that some complained about the tightness of the leather on certain parts of the seats.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Thanks a lot, ponti33609 and vantb.