Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 08-19-2004, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: X5
X5 DVD Entertainment Center?

I just purchased a 2004 X5. I was wondering if the Headrest DVD entertainment system is available?
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: X5 4.4i
There is one available, I purchased my 04 4.4 a few weeks ago and the dealer had already installed the system in the vehicle. It was a dealer installed option. I am sure you can get it a lot cheaper than I paid for it in my vehicle. I didn't really care to have the system but it was the only car with the exact options I wanted, plus I got a great deal on it.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 4.6iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1
I just purchased a 2004 X5. I was wondering if the Headrest DVD entertainment system is available?
If you have the panorama roof and sport seats, then you can buy the Vizualogic headrest LCD's (www.vizualogic.com). If you have panaroma and comfort seats, you are out of luck, as the headrest of the comfort seats are too shallow and won't accomodate a LCD screen.

If you have the old standard-size sunroof, regardless of whether you have sport or comfort seats, you can opt for the BMW Entertainment System, which is mounted on the overhead.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 X5 3.0i & 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyX5
If you have the panorama roof and sport seats, then you can buy the Vizualogic headrest LCD's (www.vizualogic.com). If you have panaroma and comfort seats, you are out of luck, as the headrest of the comfort seats are too shallow and won't accomodate a LCD screen.
Out of curiousity how could the headrest be too "shallow" to accomodate a LCD screen??? People have LCD screens on sun visors! In fact they can even put LCD's on T-Shirts nowadays (most recently seen on the VMA's with LL Cool J supporters). Which are by far much more shallow than a headrest. My friend has it on his bimmer, with the regular seats...I'm not sure if that is what you mean by comfort seats.