Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i sedan
BMW performance exhaust for 2011 335i sedan?

Hi guys,

I just ordered this from tischer, and provided my VIN with my order. When it arrived, I was surprised to find only mufflers and three clamps in the box. Now, I may be crazy, but I thought the sedan exhaust cost more because it was supposed to come with a new midpipe/ xpipe? Maybe BMW just charges more for the sedan exhaust because they can?

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I received the correct parts?

Looking forward to any insight the forum members can offer,
Eric

Last edited by damnitbeavis; 05-16-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitbeavis View Post
Hi guys,

I just ordered this from tischer, and provided my VIN with my order. When it arrived, I was surprised to find only mufflers and three clamps in the box. Now, I may be crazy, but I thought the sedan exhaust cost more because it was supposed to come with a new midpipe/ xpipe? Maybe BMW just charges more for the sedan exhaust because they can?

Eric

Did you pay ~$1100?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:59 AM

Or, check THIS - you may want to return 'em and DIY
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Paid ~1300, part number when arrived 18-10-2-208-801
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Paid ~1300, part number when arrived 18-10-2-208-801

For exactly what was done in the posts/video DIY's. I say:
  • Send 'em back!
  • Buy tools fror dramatically less if you don't have 'em - gain some expertise!
  • Now you have tools and knowledge!

It is good to know your car. Bonus: Savings.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
For exactly what was done in the posts/video DIY's. I say:
  • Send 'em back!
  • Buy tools fror dramatically less if you don't have 'em - gain some expertise!
  • Now you have tools and knowledge!

It is good to know your car. Bonus: Savings.
Calwaterboy,

Thanks for your thoughts, but I don't have the time to tinker with this... I know I could probably figure it out, but my time is too valuable to me. Did you have any thought on my original question in regards to whether I received the correct parts?

Eric
Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts, but I don't have the time to tinker with this... I know I could probably figure it out, but my time is too valuable to me. Did you have any thought on my original question in regards to whether I received the correct parts?

You're best advised to contact BMW about their PE, and Tisher. Mighty high price for mufflers.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
You're best advised to contact BMW about their PE, and Tisher. Mighty high price for mufflers.
I have a message into Tischer already, but I guess it takes them up to 48 hours to reply, they have no telephone number. I have an appointment to have it installed at an independent shop tomorrow, so I was hoping for a faster answer here.

Yeah, they're expensive aren't they? But then again, my 335i wasn't exactly designed to be cheap transport. Tischer had the best prices I could find searching for these, for the record.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport
Yes, you received the right parts. There is no new mid-pipe/x-pipe with the PE on the sedan...unless I got "taken" too.

2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust, 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Yes, you received the right parts. There is no new mid-pipe/x-pipe with the PE on the sedan...unless I got "taken" too.
Awesome, thanks Chris! You totally answered my question!

Still haven't heard from Tischer.

Eric
Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
BMW performance exhaust for 2011 335i sedan?

Quote:
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I received the correct parts?

Eric
I recently got exhaust work done on my 2010 335i coupe at my local BMW service center. The scope of the work was to replace my left exhaust, after the service I picked up my car, I examined the work that was done, and surprisingly I found that the exhaust was cut and a new one was clamped on, 3 clamps.

I was furious, and asked the service manager if this is how the work is performed, by cutting, welding and clamping, he said yes. I called another BMW service center for more insight on this, they guy there told me, all service centers follow a repair manual which provides them with the procedure on how to get the work done, and if it was done that way it was what BMW had recommended.

Needless to say I am still upset that this is how work is performed on our cars, warrantied work at that.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app