Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i 2006 330ci
This Bluetooth Module Rocks

As an owner of an 09 750, I was frustrated at having to physically connect my phone to the audio connector in the glove box to listen to music from my iPhone.
This little Bluetooth module from Amazon ($13.59) fixed the problem:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QIXSVM/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Now, I just choose the module in Airplay, and no more need to fiddle with connectors!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbimmer View Post
As an owner of an 09 750, I was frustrated at having to physically connect my phone to the audio connector in the glove box to listen to music from my iPhone.
This little Bluetooth module from Amazon ($13.59) fixed the problem:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QIXSVM/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Now, I just choose the module in Airplay, and no more need to fiddle with connectors!
Does this work with ANDROID devices? I never even looked at the connector in the glovebox. It must be designed for just iPhone then?

~ Big Marcus
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Does this work with ANDROID devices? I never even looked at the connector in the glovebox. It must be designed for just iPhone then?

~ Big Marcus
This is only for use with the old 30-pin iPhone/iPod/iPad dock/connector. You should still however be able to pair any bluetooth item with it, not just Apple devices. Hope that makes sense.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
BiMMER4EVER

Mein Auto: 750Li F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
This is only for use with the old 30-pin iPhone/iPod/iPad dock/connector. You should still however be able to pair any bluetooth item with it, not just Apple devices. Hope that makes sense.
yeah it make sense. all you have to do as I understand connecting the device to the USB and AUX port with the 30-pin cable and then the device can be detected by any device for Bluetooth pairing.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Download Music to Storage in car....

Likewise, I just purchased a 750i .... 2009. Great Car. I loaded my 4 GB music file to a USB jump drive and just installed the whole file onto the car. (I think it holds 8 GB.) The menu system is easy to navigate. Works great!...no need to buy any gadgets. Note that you can only download to the system from the USB port in the glovebox and not the center console. I also updated the Navi Map to 2013 version via process noted on this forum. Enjoy the BMW!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i M-Sport
Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!