Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Big 2014 6 series announcement today

Car & Driver
Dial M for Motorsport: BMW Adds M Sport Edition for 6-series, Starts at $80,625
May 16, 2013 at 3:03 pm by Clifford Atiyeh

Walking into a BMW dealership is no different than entering a five-star steakhouse–everything’s a la carte and you will pay through the nose to get the best trimmings. But sometimes BMW throws us a bone (possibly a T-bone, in this instance), and suddenly, an $80,625 640i coupe is somewhat easier to swallow.The 2014 6-series M Sport edition is a special trim level, sort of like the “Value Package” on the last-gen 3-series that offered “free” leather and iPod cables. Essentially, the M Sport edition bundles more options onto the standard $4400 M Sport package—which includes 19-inch double-spoke wheels and an aero kit—for thousands less. The new package can be added to all models and engine choices of the 2014 6-series.

The additional features include adaptive LED headlamps, 20-way multi-contour seats, head-up display, and a leather-covered dash. Ordered separately, those features normally require an additional $9100 on a 640i coupe. On 650i models with the M Sport edition, the $1900 Driver Assistance package also is included, which features 360-degree cameras and blind-spot detection.

The M Sport edition adds $4600 to the base price of convertibles, $4800 on coupes, and $5300 on Gran Coupes, with or without xDrive all-wheel drive. That’s not a lot more than the M Sport package alone. Apples to apples, a regular 640i coupe would cost $89,325 with all the noted options, whereas an M Sport edition 640i coupe, with ventilated seats and soft-close doors, is just $80,625.

If your 6-series is already on order, you might consider canceling your deposit and waiting until your BMW dealer receives the first M Sport editions in July. Otherwise, you’ll be missing out on that juicy steak with all the trimmings and eating at Chili’s like the rest of us.
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 PM

Mein Auto: Rickshaw
Great news!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM

Just found this official BMW press release as well. Starting with July production the 6er gets the new digital dash! But the biggest news is the pricing - unbelievable. The "M sport edition" will add $4800 to the base 6 series price BUT includes not only the previous M sport Pkg which is currently $4400- BUT ADDS - LED LIGHT PKG ($1900) Driver Asst Pkg ($1900) AND FULL EXECUTIVE PKG ($4200) By my calculator the M sport 650 I want will cost approx $7800 less by getting this newly packaged version!!

Press Release

of
Previous page
Next page

The M Sport Edition BMW 6 Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe.

UPDATE

Contained media data:

1 Attachment
2 photos

BMW 650i Coupe M Sport Edition. (05/2013) Show all media

Elegant and athletic design provides a perfect setting for the added functionality and value of the M Sport Edition BMW 6 Series.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ May 16, 2013…. Sumptuous flair and alluring athleticism come together in the BMW 6 Series models to invest these premium luxury-class vehicles with hallmark driving fun. The new M Sport Edition offers a particularly exclusive opportunity to highlight the dynamic attributes of the BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe. With their harmoniously coordinated design details and ultra-high-quality range of features, the BMW 6 Series models in M Sport Edition guise deliver a driving experience that satisfies the most discerning requirements.

The M Sport Edition is available on all models and engine variants of the BMW 6 Series range (including xDrive models) and will be available from July 2013 production. Pricing for the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition adds $4,600 to the base MSRP of the 6 Series Convertible, $4,800 to the 6 Series Coupe, and $5,300 to the 6 Series Gran Coupe.

The M Sport Edition models of the BMW 6 Series are based on the traditional M Sport package, comprised of a model-specific M aerodynamics package, 19-inch M light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design, LED foglamps, the BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line trim, black-painted brake calipers and exhaust tail pipes in dark chrome. The interior features an M leather steering wheel, M door sill finishers, M driver's footrest, and sport seats in nappa leather, as all of which enhance the exclusive ambience of the BMW 6 Series.

Furthermore, the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition adds the superb new Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster, Full LED Adaptive Headlights, and the comprehensive Executive Package. 650i and 650i xDrive models further benefit from the inclusion of the Driver Assistance Package. All M Sport Edition models of the BMW 6 Series also have the option of Sakhir Orange Metallic M exterior paint. This color was previously reserved for the iconic, ultra-high performance BMW M6. Another added option available for the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition is interior upholstery in BMW Individual Merino Leather in Opal White with contrasting seams in Sakhir Orange. This choice serves to accentuate not only the sporty attributes inherent to the 6 Series, but also enhances its luxurious character.

BMW Group in America

BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group's global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 139 BMW motorcycle retailers, 117 MINI passenger car dealers, and 34 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group's sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 05-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Wow, that looks like a great deal! Does this mean you are starting to waiver on the soft close trunk issue?

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Wow, that looks like a great deal! Does this mean you are starting to waiver on the soft close trunk issue?
Yes sir it does. With a ED, BMWCCA, and hopefully '14 incentives not too far off, guess I can live with the trunk - over $8200 price cut ( including sales tax reduction)does make a difference............

Last edited by mrjoed2; 05-16-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Wow. Running out of reasons not to get a 650i end of this year once my lease is eligible for early turn-in. Looks like I'll be joining the "where the F is the soft close trunk?!" crew.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive

The following is a pic stollen from 6post. I really hope those ///M logos on the front fenders aren't going to make it to production. They seem like a bit of an afterthought in addition to being a bit too much "badge" for my liking. I'm okay with the little ///Ms on the wheels, steering wheel, door sills, etc., but this is a bit overkill, IMO. L
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368765819.219787.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	376904

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Yes sir it does. With a ED, BMWCCA, and hopefully '14 incentives not too far off, guess I can live with the trunk - over $8200 price cut ( including sales tax reduction)does make a difference............
Well Joe you have waited for God know's when so you should certainly get the biggest F-in Bone known to man.

Congrat's to you !!
Imola Red
M-Sport
Individual Leather
Merino Opal White
20” 373 Wheels
Nitto 555ZR-Extreme
Full LED lighting
Piano Finish Black Trim
Ceramic Controls
Imola Red M6 Spoiler
Imola Red Diffuser

Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy View Post
Well Joe you have waited for God know's when so you should certainly get the biggest F-in Bone known to man.

Congrat's to you !!
Well, the wife said last night when I told her- so glad you waited. Makes checking the B & O box easier as well. I can only surmise that the lousy European market prompted this. Nothing less than a big price cut in fancy packaging. What is also going to be interesting is what they are going to do with the pre-July 2014 6 series on the ground, on the boats & to be built up to July - who the hell would buy one knowing this? I am hoping they will need to bring some early incentives out, and what are they going to do say only pre-July cars are eligible?
Add the fact the 6er is the only BMW with the current $5000 build out credit and there is no doubt they are having trouble moving the 6.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
The following is a pic stollen from 6post. I really hope those ///M logos on the front fenders aren't going to make it to production. They seem like a bit of an afterthought in addition to being a bit too much "badge" for my liking. I'm okay with the little ///Ms on the wheels, steering wheel, door sills, etc., but this is a bit overkill, IMO. L
Attachment 376904

Southern, for $8K I'll live with them or debadge!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
They're just so small that they look kinda weird on a bodypanel, but if they were any bigger it'd look like you were trying to pretend you had an M6 with fake M badging. I say get em outta here.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: '14 BMW M6 & M-B ML63AMG
M Sport Edition for 6-Series

After reading about the 2014 6-series M Sport edition as a newly introduced special trim level package, I have to admit that BMW has made the 6-series way more appealing to many potential buyers that may have been hesitant to pull the trigger to buy or lease one.

All of the options that the 2014 M Sport edition bundles together in this package is a remarkably good deal financially, for everything you get with it. If I did not have to have the 560 hp V-8 engine in the M6 Coupe (and could have waited a few months), I would have gone with this updated package and think that it will appeal to quite a few folks.

My BMW Dealer told me last week that their 1st Qtr. sales were just so-so, with the 6-series vehicles they had in inventory not really moving. I agree that part of BMW's reasoning for this new configuration offering now is that the continued slow auto sales across Europe resulting in more BMW's and M-B's being pushed onto U.S. Dealers, along with more attractive financial incentives. If you can wait to place your order until mid-summer, you will probably see some additional incentive savings.

2014 BMW M6 Coupe (Daily Driver)
2007 M-B ML63 AMG (Vacation & Winter Vehicle)
2013 BMW 335 xDrive Coupe (Wife's Daily Driver)
1961 M-B 190SL (Fair weather weekend treat)
2004 M-B E55 AMG (leased, returned)
2004 BMW X5 4.4i (leased, returned)
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (leased, returned)
2000 M-B E45 Sport (leased, returned)
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Mein Auto: See Sig
Great deal??? BMW grossly over priced the car coming out of the gate and now they are trying to figure out how to back peddle. Compared to a 5 series, the car is still way over priced. I like the looks of the car, but functionally it is not even on par with a 5 series.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
They're just so small that they look kinda weird on a bodypanel, but if they were any bigger it'd look like you were trying to pretend you had an M6 with fake M badging. I say get em outta here.
Given the new for '14 650 already received the updated Idrive, - add in the new July changes -digital dash/launch control/advanced connected drive/sail mode, ect AND a $8000 price cut, the last thing I am going to worry about are the tiny M side badges. This car suddenly got alot more attractive than it already was.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
Great deal??? BMW grossly over priced the car coming out of the gate and now they are trying to figure out how to back peddle. Compared to a 5 series, the car is still way over priced. I like the looks of the car, but functionally it is not even on par with a 5 series.
Agree on the pricing - but the looks? The 5 series looks homely compared to a M sport 6.
And the 6 is a luxury personal luxury coupe - not a boring 4 door sedan, it's not attempting to be as practical.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG View Post
After reading about the 2014 6-series M Sport edition as a newly introduced special trim level package, I have to admit that BMW has made the 6-series way more appealing to many potential buyers that may have been hesitant to pull the trigger to buy or lease one.

All of the options that the 2014 M Sport edition bundles together in this package is a remarkably good deal financially, for everything you get with it. If I did not have to have the 560 hp V-8 engine in the M6 Coupe (and could have waited a few months), I would have gone with this updated package and think that it will appeal to quite a few folks.

My BMW Dealer told me last week that their 1st Qtr. sales were just so-so, with the 6-series vehicles they had in inventory not really moving. I agree that part of BMW's reasoning for this new configuration offering now is that the continued slow auto sales across Europe resulting in more BMW's and M-B's being pushed onto U.S. Dealers, along with more attractive financial incentives. If you can wait to place your order until mid-summer, you will probably see some additional incentive savings.
Agree on the incentives - they will be offered on the 6 series within several months in addition to this price cut.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: '14 BMW M6 & M-B ML63AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I like the looks of the car, but functionally it is not even on par with a 5 series.
Can you please elaborate on specific functionalities.....???
Thanks

2014 BMW M6 Coupe (Daily Driver)
2007 M-B ML63 AMG (Vacation & Winter Vehicle)
2013 BMW 335 xDrive Coupe (Wife's Daily Driver)
1961 M-B 190SL (Fair weather weekend treat)
2004 M-B E55 AMG (leased, returned)
2004 BMW X5 4.4i (leased, returned)
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (leased, returned)
2000 M-B E45 Sport (leased, returned)
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Re: Big 2014 6 series announcement today

Quote:
Agree on the pricing - but the looks? The 5 series looks homely compared to a M sport 6.
And the 6 is a luxury personal luxury coupe - not a boring 4 door sedan, it's not attempting to be as practical.
Homely? You should read the recent bashing of the 6er's looks in the the F10 forum.

IMHO, the 5er M Sport is a great masculine looking car. It's no where near boring - don't forget it has must-have features like power closing trunk.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Homely? You should read the recent bashing of the 6er's looks in the the F10 forum.

IMHO, the 5er M Sport is a great masculine looking car. It's no where near boring - don't forget it has must-have features like power closing trunk.
You got me there ! No offense to anyone, but the 5er does not do anything for me - actually prefer the MB E class if I were looking for a mid-size 4 door. Just can't believe anyone would
say the 6er is a not a great looking car. I agree with others who say it's overpriced (not as much with this new M value Pkg) but I'll defend to the death it's great looks!!

Last edited by mrjoed2; 05-17-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM

I really hope someone buys this car in the Shakir Orange with the Individual. I don't think I'd be ably to pull the trigger on such a bold car for my daily driver, but it does look cool. I really want to see some real life pics of the interior.

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368850872.911146.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	377101

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368850894.225253.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	377102

Here are some pics of the M6 in the color from my trip to the PC and some pics from one of the shows:

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368850940.625090.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	377103

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368850967.809156.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	377104

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851010.891604.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	377105

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851216.908481.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	377109

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851234.742154.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	377110

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851272.425002.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	377111

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. If you have to pretend your 650i is an M6, your parents should have spent a little more time working on self confidence.

I guess since they moved the xDrive badges to the single in the back they had to find new trinkets for the front fenders. I can only imagine how cluttered my car would look with little ///Ms beneath my xDrive badges.

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851086.692473.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	377106

Quote:
The 6 is overpriced compared to the 5er, but that's kinda the point. The 6 is a flagship coupe whereas the 5er is a bread and butter car for the masses (relatively speaking anyway - the 6er is no Aston and the 5er is hardly a Camry). The 5er built right can be a great-looking car, but it can also be boring as was the case with my White-on-Ivory ActiveHybrid 5 loaner a few months back. I parked next to a white Camry and saw too many similarities for a $77,000 car.

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851128.408163.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	377107

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368851156.425084.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	377108

Quote:

Bashing the looks of the 6er? Hmmm. Why buy Brooks Brothers or Armani when you can get a similar suit at Men's Warehouse...

Okay, a 5er is hardly Men's Warehouse (that was a tad harsh), but the principle still holds true.

As I said above, I think the 5er looks good in some configurations, but a 6er with the same visual additions (like M Sport, 20" rims, dark paint, etc.), I think, wins every time in the looks department - as was the intent of BMW when the 6 was conceived.

LOL about the power trunk comment. Very true.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD

Last edited by southern6er22; 05-17-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
The 6 is overpriced compared to the 5er, but that's kinda the point. The 6 is a flagship coupe whereas the 5er is a bread and butter car for the masses (relatively speaking anyway - the 6er is no Aston and the 5er is hardly a Camry). The 5er built right can be a great-looking car, but it can also be boring as was the case with my White-on-Ivory ActiveHybrid 5 loaner a few months back. I parked next to a white Camry and saw too many similarities for a $77,000 car.

Bashing the looks of the 6er? Hmmm. Why buy Brooks Brothers or Armani when you can get a similar suit at Men's Warehouse...

Okay, a 5er is hardly Men's Warehouse (that was a tad harsh), but the principle still holds true.

As I said above, I think the 5er looks good in some configurations, but a 6er with the same visual additions (like M Sport, 20" rims, dark paint, etc.), I think, wins every time in the looks department - as was the intent of BMW when the 6 was conceived.

LOL about the power trunk comment. Very true.
Since the 6er's exterior has been compared to a Celica, I guess your comparison of the 5er to a Camry is pretty much the same. Of course it's the 6er's NAV and interior that get the most put downs when compared to the 5er, but a 5er with a Nappa leather dash and ceramic controls looks pretty nice too.

Anyway, I've owned an F10 550 and an F13 650 and they are both nice cars. They are much more alike than they are different.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Since the 6er's exterior has been compared to a Celica, I guess your comparison of the 5er to a Camry is pretty much the same. Of course it's the 6er's NAV and interior that get the most put downs when compared to the 5er, but a 5er with a Nappa leather dash and ceramic controls looks pretty nice too.

Anyway, I've owned an F10 550 and an F13 650 and they are both nice cars. They are much more alike than they are different.
Can you get a 5er with Nappa dash? I once tried to build one with the Nappa dash out of curiosity, but I wasn't able to make that happen - even by adding Individual. I know it can be done on the M5, but I've never seen it on a non-M5 F10.

I get the NAV part of the following statement with the new upgraded system we don't get until this summer, but criticizing the interior of a 6er?: "Of course it's the 6er's NAV and interior that get the most put downs." It is a departure from most modern Bimmers with the tornado-shaped dash, etc., but I think that gives it extra points as it isn't identical to the 5er and 7er. To each his own, I suppose.

The F10 and F12/13/06 are undeniably alike thus making the F10 a comparative bargain. I don't think any of us owning 6ers were looking for a bargain when shopping around - unless it was, "damn, it's a bargain compared to a Continental GT!"

Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:

I may have went too far calling the 5er boring - but dam. compared to the 6er most cars are.
The 6 is frankly the only Bimmer that interests me. Probably just so darn excited about the
big price cut & new gear that I type faster than I think. Only bet now is when BMW will offer 6 series incentives on the '14.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 650 xi
Great news! I wish I had waited now.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG View Post

Also, if the dealers think their 6 series inventory is not moving now, imagine the problem going forward as the word gets out about the new July version. Next month's '13 incentives could be $7500!!