Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-18-2013, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335xi Coupe 6spd
335xi Performance Bang for the Buck

I just purchased a 2008 335xi coupe with a 6-speed manual. I'm interested in boosting the power but am not interested in throwing money at mods with little impact....don't tell me to buy a CAI.

I did a little looking around and it looks like the following might be a good start. Am i off path or is this a good place to start?

JB4 PNP (N54 Stage 3) plus BMS USB Cable combo
$509

BMS WW Quick Install Meth Kit w/ JB4 FSB Integration
$479

BMS 135i 335i 3" Performance Downpipes
$379

prices are from burgertuning

Do the BMS downpipes fit an 335xi or just the 335i? If I take the cat out of the down pipe, can i tune out the downstream o2 with the JB4 PNP? I'm not going to buy 50/50 meth/water. Is a meth kit worth it if i only run -30 degree F washer fluid? The info for the JB4 said it will automatically update the air/fuel for e85. Can you run e85 without going to higher flow injectors and fuel pump? how does the JB4 know what % of alcohol is in the fuel?....at wot is the air/fuel set by fixed table, automatically adjust based on a OEM o2 a wide band or are tables adjusted automatically based on air/fuel trim at low throttle?

I don't know anything about BMW's so any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb30570 View Post
Do the BMS downpipes fit an 335xi or just the 335i? If I take the cat out of the down pipe, can i tune out the downstream o2 with the JB4 PNP? I'm not going to buy 50/50 meth/water. Is a meth kit worth it if i only run -30 degree F washer fluid? The info for the JB4 said it will automatically update the air/fuel for e85. Can you run e85 without going to higher flow injectors and fuel pump? how does the JB4 know what % of alcohol is in the fuel?....at wot is the air/fuel set by fixed table, automatically adjust based on a OEM o2 a wide band or are tables adjusted automatically based on air/fuel trim at low throttle?

Hosannas from Heaven, BMS Meth'll getcha to the movie on time, and then some!

Terry's email support is unbelievably good - send him your inquiries - he'll respond.

Knowing WW fluid flow, fuel flow, air flow, air temp and oxygen sensor readouts, guessing fuel content of WW fluid can easily be calc'd. Gotta make an assumption that it's meth.

There are those who claim lean AFR, throttle off on meth for about 2000 rpm. Looking into this myself over at N54TECH - a track issue peripheral to street use, wouldn't affect me, but I like to know. There's a cooling issue, cyl's 5 & 6 too, again a track issue, a problem not ironed out in BMW's design phase, N54.