Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: Tennis shoes
Sanity check price on 2010 CPO 328 convertible

Hello all,
Many thanks for the extensive information found in these forums. The threads on hardtop maintenance, CPO warranty exclusions, and hardtop replacement costs have been extremely helpful.

I'm looking for a sanity check on a dealer's price for a 2010 328i White / Beige convertible with < 23k miles. Options list is below (Premium, Nav, Sport, Paddle). The original asking price was $36,900. Carfax does not list the service records. This car was not bought at auction, but leased originally from this dealership. I have a request in for their service records, though I don't expect any surprises.

I've got the dealer to agree to $35,500. Do you think that is a decent price for this vehicle? I've plugged in the various options into Edmunds pricing tool and it seems to be at the very least "fair".

Comments: CARFAX 1-Owner, ONLY 22,267 Miles! Navigation, Heated Leather Seats, Aluminum Wheels, Dual Zone A/C, Rear Air, Convertible Hardtop, CD Player, IPOD & USB ADAPTER, 6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMIS... SPORT PKG AND MORE!

PREMIUM EQUIPMENT ON THIS BMW 3 SERIES INCLUDE
PREMIUM PKG Dakota leather seat trim, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror w/compass, front seats w/4-way pwr lumbar, BMW Assist w/4-year subscription, Bluetooth interface, HARD DRIVE-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM 16:9 screen format, voice command system, real time traffic info, iDrive system w/high-function on-board computer, controller w/force feedback, IPOD & USB ADAPTER, HEATED FRONT SEATS, SPORT PKG 18" x 8.0" front cross spoke alloy wheels, 18" x 8.5" rear cross spoke alloy wheels (style 197), P225/40R18 front run-flat performance tires, P255/35R18 rear run-flat performance tires, sport seats, sport suspension, increased top speed limiter, COMFORT ACCESS KEYLESS ENTRY w/comfort load, 6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION normal, sport & manual shift modes, PADDLE SHIFTERS

OWN THIS 3 SERIES WITH CONFIDENCE
CARFAX 1-Owner. Qualifies for CARFAX Buyback Guarantee. 5 Star Rollover Rating. Approx. Original Base Sticker Price: $45,000*.

KEY FEATURES ON THIS 3 SERIES INCLUDE
Rear Air, CD Player, Convertible Hardtop, Dual Zone A/C Remote Trunk Release, Steering Wheel Controls, Rollover Protection System, Heated Mirrors, Electronic Stability Control.

COME EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE TODAY
Weatherford BMW of Berkeley is dedicated to providing you with an ownership experience worth raving to your friends about. We offer a brand new facility with over 400 cars to choose from and 200 cars to view Indoors!
Ads by Google
Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 3 series
I just, this week, bought a 328i convertible, with every option (incl M package, parking sensors, premium, etc etc etc) EXCEPT it didnt have Nav. It was a 2011 with 20k miles. I paid 38000 and should have paid 36-37k, but I'm not the best negotiator.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335 6MT 'vert
Re: Sanity check price on 2010 CPO 328 convertible

You could probably get it lower, but you're approaching prime convertible season and it might be a difficult combination to find especially if it's an msport. The car is worth as much add you are willing to pay.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatonycmu View Post
Hello all,
Many thanks for the extensive information found in these forums. The threads on hardtop maintenance, CPO warranty exclusions, and hardtop replacement costs have been extremely helpful.

I'm looking for a sanity check on a dealer's price for a 2010 328i White / Beige convertible with < 23k miles. Options list is below (Premium, Nav, Sport, Paddle). The original asking price was $36,900. Carfax does not list the service records. This car was not bought at auction, but leased originally from this dealership. I have a request in for their service records, though I don't expect any surprises.

I've got the dealer to agree to $35,500. Do you think that is a decent price for this vehicle? I've plugged in the various options into Edmunds pricing tool and it seems to be at the very least "fair".

Comments: CARFAX 1-Owner, ONLY 22,267 Miles! Navigation, Heated Leather Seats, Aluminum Wheels, Dual Zone A/C, Rear Air, Convertible Hardtop, CD Player, IPOD & USB ADAPTER, 6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMIS... SPORT PKG AND MORE!

PREMIUM EQUIPMENT ON THIS BMW 3 SERIES INCLUDE
PREMIUM PKG Dakota leather seat trim, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror w/compass, front seats w/4-way pwr lumbar, BMW Assist w/4-year subscription, Bluetooth interface, HARD DRIVE-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM 16:9 screen format, voice command system, real time traffic info, iDrive system w/high-function on-board computer, controller w/force feedback, IPOD & USB ADAPTER, HEATED FRONT SEATS, SPORT PKG 18" x 8.0" front cross spoke alloy wheels, 18" x 8.5" rear cross spoke alloy wheels (style 197), P225/40R18 front run-flat performance tires, P255/35R18 rear run-flat performance tires, sport seats, sport suspension, increased top speed limiter, COMFORT ACCESS KEYLESS ENTRY w/comfort load, 6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION normal, sport & manual shift modes, PADDLE SHIFTERS

OWN THIS 3 SERIES WITH CONFIDENCE
CARFAX 1-Owner. Qualifies for CARFAX Buyback Guarantee. 5 Star Rollover Rating. Approx. Original Base Sticker Price: $45,000*.

KEY FEATURES ON THIS 3 SERIES INCLUDE
Rear Air, CD Player, Convertible Hardtop, Dual Zone A/C Remote Trunk Release, Steering Wheel Controls, Rollover Protection System, Heated Mirrors, Electronic Stability Control.

COME EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE TODAY
Weatherford BMW of Berkeley is dedicated to providing you with an ownership experience worth raving to your friends about. We offer a brand new facility with over 400 cars to choose from and 200 cars to view Indoors!

Offer them the number YOU KNOW would be a no-brainer for you and tell them you'll sign right then for that price. Otherwise, tell them, you owe it to yourself to go look at one other car that you have your sights on that you like the color combo on a little better. If that one doesn't work out, tell them, you will come back and continue to negotiate with them on the car they have. If they take your "no-brainer" number, great, you have a deal you cannot regret. If not, and they let you walk, you know you pushed them to a point they could not get to.

This is all an attempt to find THEIR BOTTOM LINE because they are trying very hard to find YOUR MAX PRICE. Always, and I mean always, be prepared to walk. You can always go back. But they know that once you leave it is highly unlikely you'll be back, and they will almost always reveal their bottom line before the let you walk.

Last edited by surfcity335i; 05-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM

Mein Auto: 328i Convertible
I think if you can get it for 33-34K that would be a good price.