Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 e90 335i jb4
Exclamation Help!!

hi guys,
i am new in this forum. i am not a good english speaker. i am try to get some helps.
recently i got my bms catless downpipes installed on my 07 e90 335i. and yesterday i drove my car on local and did some accelerations. in the first 15 min everything was fine. i felt like my car has more power. then i drove on a freeway and tried to floored it to 130mph. then i got a half engine light oh my god i got off freeway, pulled over, stopped the engine. restarted it, the light was gone. i read the fault codes by jb4 code reading....
here are what i got: 2A87 29F5 29F4 2ABC 3100.
later on, i got a SES light....
what can i do?? did i mess up my car?? any help will be appreciated!
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
You can google "bmw fault code xxxx" to find out what they are. A couple seem to be related to the catless downpipe, some of the others to boost pressures. I doubt that any of these are due to the engine being broken, but you should expect this to happen with JB4 and other tuner packages.

There is a saying: "You pay to play". The meaning is that, if you decide to go cheap for performance (and the JB4/335i combo is cheap compared to true performance engine mods), you can expect to pay big time when things break. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
I'm guessing boost leak... My car had that with my FMIC install freaked me out but your car is probably fine if you aren't asking for tons of power (thats a good sign of boost leak in that the car is normal until you ask for the boost).
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM

Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You can google "bmw fault code xxxx" to find out what they are. A couple seem to be related to the catless downpipe, some of the others to boost pressures. I doubt that any of these are due to the engine being broken, but you should expect this to happen with JB4 and other tuner packages.

There is a saying: "You pay to play". The meaning is that, if you decide to go cheap for performance (and the JB4/335i combo is cheap compared to true performance engine mods), you can expect to pay big time when things break. Good luck.
Thanks for your replying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-19-2013, 07:00 PM

Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
I'm guessing boost leak... My car had that with my FMIC install freaked me out but your car is probably fine if you aren't asking for tons of power (thats a good sign of boost leak in that the car is normal until you ask for the boost).
But I was running map 0.. I just have stock interloper. I will install aftermarket fmic on Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by riowongkp View Post
But I was running map 0.. I just have stock interloper. I will install aftermarket fmic on Tuesday.

Ummmmm....down pipes on map zero....not having down pipes, not sure, but isn't there a map for same [not map zero]?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Ah. I was thinking of Map 2 but you'll need 93 octane for that.

N54TECH for trove of info....

HERE and more HERE - solve the problem?