Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2010 335i sedan
Vibrations/Rumbling of entire car when making sharp turns

I let this girl borrow my 335i for a couple of days () and just got it back today and I noticed that when I make a sharp turn not a 90 degree turn but more of a wide turn at like 40-45mph the entire car feels like the tires are bouncing up very quickly like vibrating on the road and it makes the entire cabin shake...I have no idea what it is...I get my car serviced at bmw regularly and they have never said anything about it.. any help please
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhouseN55 View Post
I let this girl borrow my 335i for a couple of days () and just got it back today and I noticed that when I make a sharp turn not a 90 degree turn but more of a wide turn at like 40-45mph the entire car feels like the tires are bouncing up very quickly like vibrating on the road and it makes the entire cabin shake...I have no idea what it is...I get my car serviced at bmw regularly and they have never said anything about it.. any help please

One golden word to live by: WARRANTY

Might be a bearing or bad bushing - post result!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Yeah ill probably take it in soon and not let that girl borrow my car again... i rarely drive it anymore so its not biggie just annoying that it happens ...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Better with Butter

Mein Auto: 335i sedan 6MT
Wow....did you do a visual inspection of the tires when straight and when turned sharply (parked, of course!)?
Does the car track true when driving straight ahead?
Do the tires themselves look good? That is, no cupping or feathering, no chunks missing from the rubber, etc.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 PM

I recently got my alignment when I got new tires in November 2012..I guess thats not so recently...time really flies by
Ill lift up the car 2moro and take a look myself i doubt theres chunks of the tire missing but ill take a look
it just feels like the car would be losing grip and regaining grip very quickly but sideways not because im giving too much gas and the traction control light doesnt come on either
its like the car bumps around very harshly i feel like my cabin is falling apart