Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 328i sedan
I would have brought it to a BMW mechanic,if you are going to own that car you have to pay the piper,there are no shortcuts.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320ie90 View Post
Ok , so the car is still in the shop , its been 2 weeks now , and seems its going to take another week (at least) , they are going to open up the engine , they said it should be a "return valve" (and guys im translating from arabic , so it ain't easy ) ... hope to get yall a final answer soon .
This is not good news. Perhaps the translation was for the term "intake valve"? By "open up the engine" do you mean remove the cam cover and take a look at the machinery involved with opening and closing the valves? Or do you mean to take a look at the intake valves (for carbon), or do you mean open up the block which would be very concerning indeed?
And they were going to have it done in a couple days originally? BTW, I own a very nice watch. That doesn't mean I can fix it.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
This is not good news. Perhaps the translation was for the term "intake valve"? By "open up the engine" do you mean remove the cam cover and take a look at the machinery involved with opening and closing the valves? Or do you mean to take a look at the intake valves (for carbon), or do you mean open up the block which would be very concerning indeed?
And they were going to have it done in a couple days originally? BTW, I own a very nice watch. That doesn't mean I can fix it.
i'm only trying to share my situation . it seems that the error did not show on any of the scans , and no warning showed on the dash , so at first they thought it should be an air intake issue and it wasn't that's why they told me a couple of days , now that all parts out of the engine were tested and the problem was not fixed , they said they are going to "open up" the engine (they said it was the cam cover) something related to a valve ,,, so fingers crossed , cause really i am done waiting for this car . No opening up the block (till now)
Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3two8iguy View Post
I would have brought it to a BMW mechanic,if you are going to own that car you have to pay the piper,there are no shortcuts.
It is at a BMW mechanic , and i am paying the piper !! believe me i am not searching for any shortcuts ! not any more , it's been 2 weeks now and the car is still undergoing "fixes" (at a very slow rate i might add) any way this thread has changed from searching for an answer to sharing this situation for future use ....
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i E90
Quote:
It is at a BMW mechanic , and i am paying the piper !! believe me i am not searching for any shortcuts ! not any more , it's been 2 weeks now and the car is still undergoing "fixes" (at a very slow rate i might add) any way this thread has changed from searching for an answer to sharing this situation for future use ....
Might want to try to find yourself a mechanic that fixes cars, and not throwing parts at them.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchme View Post
Might want to try to find yourself a mechanic that fixes cars, and not throwing parts at them.
In this case , where no failure , warning or notification showed on the scan or dash , throwing parts is your best solution
Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i E90
Quote:
In this case , where no failure , warning or notification showed on the scan or dash , throwing parts is your best solution
The failure is there and symptoms are intermittent. Lack of knowledge / experience lead to difficulty in identifying the failure.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Re: e90 bmw chokes up on start-up ! please help

What else have they tried and you've had to pay for the past two weeks? Its got to be a simple issue if it goes away when warm. Just hard to find. Also, There are good "old BMW mechanics" and good "New BMW mechanics". Not all are trained on the newer car systems which are far more quirky and one may not be able to work on the other. Especially if not using Google.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptt144 View Post
What else have they tried and you've had to pay for the past two weeks? Its got to be a simple issue if it goes away when warm. Just hard to find. Also, There are good "old BMW mechanics" and good "New BMW mechanics". Not all are trained on the newer car systems which are far more quirky and one may not be able to work on the other. Especially if not using Google.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using BimmerApp mobile app
Well bro the valve in the crankshaft was the issue , so they took it to restore it , and that idiot broke it while reshaping the valve , so the spring besides the valve are braking at high revs during the drives, so the good news is , i'm installing a new german engine , the bad news is , i could've done it 3 weeks ago and be done with it ,,,, my total cost should be around the 1800 usd ... thanks for the great ideas and help guys ...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Idk...just doesn't sound right bro. They find the issue and then break it further? Maybe DSX can chime in here. A valve in the crankshaft? Is that one of the main valves which is on top of your engine? What were they trying to "reshape". How much of this is he absorbing since he broke it? I'm just trying to picture a valve on the crankshaft right now...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptt144 View Post
Idk...just doesn't sound right bro. They find the issue and then break it further? Maybe DSX can chime in here. A valve in the crankshaft? Is that one of the main valves which is on top of your engine? What were they trying to "reshape". How much of this is he absorbing since he broke it? I'm just trying to picture a valve on the crankshaft right now...
Yeah well stand in my shoes , im trying to translate specific mechanic terms into english (and failing ) i know it doesn't sound right , it's like the car is "possessed" , we went through air intake , fuel pump , airmass , software update , and it wasn't the issue , so they opened up the engine block , and on the top there is a "return valve" , and it seems also that the crack casing needed reshaping and they did it wrong, hence the decision of a new engine ...btw they test it today , started great (thank God)